Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #61
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Its funny how everyone in here seems to be putting down Fords marketing department as worthless compared to Holden, yet Ford sales are remaining steady while Holden's fall continually?
They seem to be doing a better Job to me.
Ford and Holden have a similar marketing budget but Ford since the days of Goreman have been looking to diversify their customer base. Now that the markets slumping and their key vehicles (Falcon, Ute, Territory, Fairlane) are in the market copping the most heat, Ford posted an increase in sales. You can question Ford marketing until your red in the face but they have had a business plan and it appears to be ahead of their competition. The next 12 months will be very interesting.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #62
HSE2

I have seen more VE wagons than I have total FGs.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #63
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
depends where you live i guess, ive only seen one VE wagon and i work next to a Holden dealer, and i see maybe 3 or 4 FG's a day at work
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #64
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
I agree on this, seen a lot of the VE utes too, a hell of a lot more than the Falcon utes, but have to say the FG ute looks better to me. However I do see more Falcon utes than I do sedans.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #65
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Torquay (Vic) on the weekend, about 10 VE wagons ( SS not bad ) 2 Fg's and this is down the road from Geelong!
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #66
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I first looked at the title "V-Facts- Sept 08", I worried and held my breath hoping Falcon's sales didn't drop any lower after the low sales in August. Well, it's great to see that Falcon's sales have gone back over 3000 sedans/wagons and I'm re leaved ...for now!
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #67
Hally

I realise they are not included in Vfacts data, but is there any published information on how many locally built cars that Holden and Toyota make per month i.e total local sales plus exports?
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #68
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
a Lot of Sportwagons are on the Avis (and maybe other companies) fleets now..... bulk registration anyone?
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:54 AM   #69
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

I saw a new BFIII wagon with a Europcar sticker on the back window the other day. I was very happy to finally see another Ford rental car. I've also seen a new FG sedan.
At least Europcar are buying the Fords.
I want to hire a new FG for a weekend to see what they're like to drive.

I'm finally starting to see quite a few FG XR6's and G6's on the road as well.

Avis & Budget (which are both owned by the same company now) usually use Holden's in a lot of their Fleets.

Ok. This is probably a stupid question.. but the VFACTS is only private car sales isn't it? not fleets? Coz I was wondering when rental car companies purchase a large lot of cars if that affects any figures anywhere?
Apologies if this has been asked & answered before.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:46 AM   #70
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Wheel Drive
IOk. This is probably a stupid question.. but the VFACTS is only private car sales isn't it? not fleets?
Vfacts is ALL new cars registered in Australia (regardless).
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #71
MarkIV

Holden must be pretty worried about their overall performance. A few years ago they were well over 20% of market share nipping at Toyota's heels. Ford were at about 13 or 14% at the time and have dropped to 10%. Holden have dropped heaps to about 12%.
MarkIV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #72
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holden and Ford should both be equally worried, both companies do things in completely different ways yet both are suffering similar fates, the only apparent common denominator is they're both Local manufacturers.
For what ever reason the Australian market is shifting away from Australian built cars, either because of image issues, or product ranges that don't seem to give the consumer what the imports do, or maybe a combination of both.....
Brand loyalty will only survive for so long.
Australia is largely a niche market when you look at things from a global perspective, we've been a traditional RWD market in the large car segment, unfortunately the reliance families place on large RWD cars is diminishing, and the SUV market caters better than ever before for those with a need for RWD..
RWD in Large sedans is rapidly becoming the sole domain of the Performance sector, and FPV/HSV don't sell enough cars to justify a RWD platform on their own.
Sad but IMO true.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #73
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Holden and Ford should both be equally worried, both companies do things in completely different ways yet both are suffering similar fates, the only apparent common denominator is they're both Local manufacturers.
For what ever reason the Australian market is shifting away from Australian built cars, either because of image issues, or product ranges that don't seem to give the consumer what the imports do, or maybe a combination of both.....
Brand loyalty will only survive for so long.
Australia is largely a niche market when you look at things from a global perspective, we've been a traditional RWD market in the large car segment, unfortunately the reliance families place on large RWD cars is diminishing, and the SUV market caters better than ever before for those with a need for RWD..
RWD in Large sedans is rapidly becoming the sole domain of the Performance sector, and FPV/HSV don't sell enough cars to justify a RWD platform on their own.
Sad but IMO true.
You are right, but I think you can also add that both are American companies with similar attitudes to build quality, customer service and how they manage their dealer networks.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post