Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
snozzau
Starter Motor

Default Water Leak in Cabin

While driving in a storm today I had water dripping on my feet,worse when I accelerated or went up a hill.
Where are the drains and are they easy to clean out.
Cheers,
Snoz

snozzau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
Jez
Starter Motor

Well now I know I'm not the only one!

Had a mate who worked at ford tell me it was a blocked evaporator hose, something to do with the heater or air con. It only happens when it rains heavily so it's got to be a leak coming through the air vents or something.

watching this space....
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Do you own a manual ?

If it is read thru here

If its not a manual it's likely the evaporator/air con hose prob. There can also be a grommet in the firewall or something that can come loose and let water in too from what I hear.

Get it up on a hoist and get someone to check out where the water drips.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 08:11 PM   #4
Jez
Starter Motor

Mine's a manual yes. Had a read of that thread, got a couple of possible scenarios now. The water leak is worst when accelerating away from a standstill. It comes in a fast trickle then slows right down again as your speed builds up.

Whats the crux of the evap/air con hose prob? how is that related to rain leaking through the cabin?
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 08:25 PM   #5
stiddy
Banned

yeah Jez, sounds like a cracked firewall/peddal box, mine was the worst when acclerating from a stand still and sometimes turning..

not sure about the hose, and leaking in from aircon vents though...
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

yep- pedal box is muffed mate. mine is too.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #7
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
It comes in a fast trickle then slows right down again as your speed builds up.
Man, it is unbelievably frustrating that it keeps choosing to rain by the time I get home when I need to drive. On the weekend I picked up some weathershields and I'll be damned if it will stay dry enough for me to get them on without the adhesive washing away under this rain. Dammit I need undercover parking.

Oh and then there's the drama it is to change gears with the clutch not engaging properly....

Old 02-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #8
Nik

mine leaks to and its a manual ,my pedal box let go after fitting a hd clutch kit .but i have had it reinforced and welded up a while back ,but it still leaks.
how do you fix the leak ? is it from a crack in there fire wall or somthing ?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #9
stiddy
Banned

it either cracks along the firewall.. or cracks on the pedal box itself.. welding it up is a bandaid fix.. the metal is simply just too thin, and it will continue to flex and eventually crack again..
only way to do it is a special spider web looking weld (only seen one person do this), or to actually weld in a metal plate and totally strenghten it..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2005, 09:57 AM   #10
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
my pedal box let go after fitting a hd clutch kit .
Exactly the same deal as me. I don't recall this being a prob before I put the HD clutch in.

Stiddy: I emailed Mark so hopefully I can get the car in soon to sort this drama out.