Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-11-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
fix8edxr6

Unhappy can someone help me

hay pepole's i have a 00 AU2 xr6 ute, now i tried to lower it on the weekend we put the front springs in to lower it 1 1/2inch then we put the lowering blocks in the back to lower it 2inch and then we couldn't get the wheel back on the bottom of the shock was in the way, i have a set of 17" wheels but we also tryed a set of 18' on it and they only just fit. does anyone no how i can fix this or have you ran into this prob your self.
cheers...

fix8edxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
hambo_12

Yeah you cant put lowering blocks in, you have to get the leaf springs reset or new leaf springs. Much more expensive than the blocks, but thats the way it goes...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #3
fix8edxr6

cheers any idea how much it cost to get leafs resprung
Old 28-11-2005, 02:26 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Around $450 or so. Or you can get a new set for around the same price.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
hambo_12

Might as well get a new set if they are around the same price, because I know I wouldnt be able to be without the ute while the leaf springs were sent away to be reset...
Old 28-11-2005, 10:55 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I got a new set for about the $400 mark from Pedders ... with a stronger 2nd stage to stiffen up more under load.

Mine was 1.5" lower than standard though.

Has taken ages to settle though ... but is still settling with the more load I keep putting on it.

Driver's side is different in height to the passenger side as well (they are marked PS and DS on the spring though to make it easier.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambo_12
Might as well get a new set if they are around the same price, because I know I wouldnt be able to be without the ute while the leaf springs were sent away to be reset...
That's the reason why i got new ones as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 10:36 AM   #8
fix8edxr6

sweet thanks guys i just got a price from a place at kotara for $360 for new ones stoked my bro can put em in for me. cheers id prefer this way to blocks anyway blocks seem so bodgey.
Old 29-11-2005, 01:35 PM   #9
Angelcoupe
Big Block

Hi guys, bugger, we were going to do the block thing on our wagon but we have 17''s as well.So we will have the same problem wont we??
Reset leafs sound the way to go.
Angelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 01:38 PM   #10
hambo_12

Yeah, i dont think it matters what size they are...
Old 29-11-2005, 04:14 PM   #11
fix8edxr6

yer if you were goin to run 19's or 20's ya could you's blocks but other wise its the new leafs.
i got quoted $300 to get the leafs reset with them doin labour or it $200 if you take the leaf out and in from a place near tuggerah.
or i got a new set for $340 with me doin labour from Repco.
I say might as well get the new ones there already made to be lower.
Thanks heaps for your help everyone