Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Angry Annoying Car Insurance Time

Hey guys, I just got my car insurance for the year and to my amazement it was massive to my liking $1k[list]
, only got reduced by $235 , I straight away rang aami up , they told me that the car I’m driving, other Mitz Magna 3rd Gen drivers make allot of claims for them which means it affect perfect Mitz Magna drivers like me

Perfect I mean
• No Suspensions
• No Claims
• No Accidents

So I will have to increase the excess to get it down, I don't have that amount of money to pay my insurance. I went on other insurance sites and they were pretty much the same as aami, my info are as follows

Car: Mitz Magna TJ 2000 3.0 Series 1 Auto
Brought Car: Yes
Brought Car :$7000
Car Entertainment : $300
Finance : Woolies Credit Union
Mods: Windows Tint, Leather Steering Wheel, Front Grill, Spoiler and Headlights

Suspensions: 0
Claims : 0
Accients: 0

so yeah I’m really annoyed at this I’ve gone to rating 1 and wanting my car insurance to go down , and it pretty much stays the same as a year ago, what a joke, I turn 26 in few weeks, but that probably wouldn’t impact the car insurance, I’ve got a whole month to sort this out, I so hate car insurance as everybody else does

/// end rat ////

ps - ammi dosn't know abouit front end damage and i will be fixing when i get my tax money and please keep all my past history off aff out of this thread please

Last edited by Laminge; 15-05-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 15-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I find the online insurance calculators differ from what an operator says on the phone, ring around a few, R.A.C.V would be a good place to start.
Old 15-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I find the online insurance calculators differ from what an operator says on the phone, ring around a few, R.A.C.V would be a good start.
i just rang them , they're saying i go down to rating 3 and like wtf i'm rating 1, just got my rating 1 latter with aami and try to switch to someone else i go down to rating 3 that b.s
Old 15-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #4
DaveGod
Your not Ron

You didnt list your mad padels on your mods!
Old 15-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

My GF just got a whole lot of online quotes for her corolla. They ranged from $360 with a very high excess to over 2 grand.

Would have did bout 10 quotes in 40 min.

Shop around and you will get a HEAPS better deal.
Old 15-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #6
You Yangs
Dunnydore Destroyer

No accidents?? What about the Toll bar accident!
Old 15-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #7
sikzk

i got a quote through budget direct and the insurance for me was only 983 insted of 1500-2300 through other companies
Old 15-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Yangs
No accidents?? What about the Toll bar accident!
what did i ******* say: ps - ammi dosn't know abouit front end damage and i will be fixing when i get my tax money and please keep all my past history off aff out of this thread please

:
Old 15-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #9
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

just found allianz had a really good deal they are the best so far.
Old 15-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #10
DaveGod
Your not Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
what did i ******* say: ps - ammi dosn't know abouit front end damage and i will be fixing when i get my tax money and please keep all my past history off aff out of this thread please

:
Whats it matter? You dont want them to see this thread? If they did theyd see that your've left a cookie trail right back to your stupid padels and up your premiems again.
Old 15-05-2007, 07:23 PM   #11
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

best piece of advice i can give is to call up. i have seen massive differences in quotes over the net. i was slugged $2500 full comp on my liberty turbo (1992), with SFA mods. yet others i know with the same car and heaps of mods payed between $1300-$1700. and i was the same. no accidents etc. when you ring up and find a price you like make sure you get their name. then ask to have the quote sent to your house.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 15-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #12
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGod
Whats it matter? You dont want them to see this thread? If they did theyd see that your've left a cookie trail right back to your stupid padels and up your premiems again.
i don't care if they saw this thread , would u guys drop it i know i was stupid puting them things on i had my front bumber dmagedon my car but that ******* 3 monthes ago, omgf get a life
Old 15-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #13
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i don't care if they saw this thread , would u guys drop it i know i was stupid puting them things on i had my front bumber dmagedon my car but that ******* 3 monthes ago, omgf get a life
get a spell checker. Those Magnas seem pretty popular with my Indian (Bangledeshi) neighbours and I don't think they have ever owned a car before so that is probably why they have a lot of claims on that model
Old 15-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #14
DaveGod
Your not Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
get a spell checker
He cant even get a 4 letter acronym right.
Old 15-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #15
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LOL, well I guess he wouldn't know that AAMI stands for Australian Associated Motor Insurers Limited either. The Limited would confuse him, why is not AAMIL? omfg!
Old 15-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #16
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
go jump off a clife : :
Old 15-05-2007, 07:36 PM   #17
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
go jump off a clife : :
do you mean go jump off a CLIFF?
Old 15-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #18
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Ralliart has a comical history on FF, but he was a good sport about it and deserves better than to have it dragged up on every thread.
Stay on topic please.
Old 15-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #19
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found that once I told a few of the insurance companies that I was shopping around that they managed to somehow make my quote better than they started with.

Shock for me was that RACQ was far better value than any others (insured my car for what I wanted, not really expensive and so easy to deal with).

Getting quotes for insurance can be so time consuming and also a little confusing sometimes but well worth taking the time to figure it all out..

Good luck with it all.
Old 15-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #20
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ralliart has a comical history on FF, but he was a good sport about it and deserves better than to have it dragged up on every thread.
Stay on topic please.
Bet you did'nt type that post with a straight face
Old 15-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #21
XRchic
Hello

Erik, I definitely recommend ringing around if you dont like what you see/hear the first time. And speak to them, online quotes do not mean much.

Often you will find that there are other factors that affect insurance premiums. Such as the suburb you live in (and there can be massive differences between one suburb and its neighbour), whether you car is locked up in a garage, sitting in an open carport, sitting in the driveway or the street overnight... it can also depend where you work and where it resides then...

I do not recall you saying exactly how much your premium was, but surely is was not that bad. And did you ask why you were given rating 3? Just for moving? Why not stay with the current one if it is reasonable?

Main thing though, ring around. Even ring back the same one a week later, and see if there is a difference! If you get a good quote, make sure you take the quote number and act on it before the quote expires too....

Oh and Erik, in all seriousness, you will get on a lot better on here if you at least make an effort to spell at a reasonable level... no one is expecting perfect... but you seem to anticipate that you are going to cop it, and you know what for, but you still keep giving them all the ammunition.... and it would be so easy to stop - just check your posts mate.

Good luck with your insurance though mate.

Jac

: Cobra :
Old 15-05-2007, 08:59 PM   #22
LUXO_8
windsor user

i hope you're not planning on getting the insurance then getting your damage repaired....... big no no and an assessor will see right through it

you sign a contract that your vehicle is in a perfect state of repair when you get your insurance........if your car is not, then thats fraudulant
Old 15-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #23
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
i hope you're not planning on getting the insurance then getting your damage repaired....... big no no and an assessor will see right through it

you sign a contract that your vehicle is in a perfect state of repair when you get your insurance........if your car is not, then thats fraudulant
To insure a damaged car and then claim the damage under the new policy is criminal. Not sure of the exact charge, but the dishonesty is there.

Best to get car fixed and then take out a policy, maybe take out third party in short term, whilst waiting for tax money to come through.
Old 15-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #24
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

I believe he is going to pay for the repairs with tax refund.

Quote:
ammi doesnt know about front end damage and i will be fixing when i get my tax money
Old 15-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #25
mrgo40rd

hey ralliart its not a god idea to hold back info to insurance companys they tend to investigate if for any reason in the future you claim and they investigate you may be denied a claim for not disclosing information beware you have be warned even if you think its trival matter

Member of 'Falcon Tickford FPV Club of NSW'
www.ftf.org.au
Nolathane, Whiteline and Whiteline PLUS enhanced
car care products 1300 006 007 (keep it looking clean)
Old 15-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #26
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
I believe he is going to pay for the repairs with tax refund.
my point was you MUST state that the car does have damage, regardless of when or how you're going to get it repaired
Old 15-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #27
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

I'm insured through CGU. They're the best value for me, as I get staff discounts.

Cheers
Old 15-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #28
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
my point was you MUST state that the car does have damage, regardless of when or how you're going to get it repaired
Yep this is true. Every company ask does the car have unrepaired damage.
Old 16-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #29
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Default fixing the front bar next monday

Ok Guys, I’m going too finally fix my magna, I will be getting it fixed next Monday/Tuesday, I accidently made it worse this morning because I reversed 2 quickly so I got a small paint damage from side of the bar now, so I have decided that it I’m fixing it, plus me having full com with my insurance, as you members have said, insurance companies will come rock hard on me if I lied to them,
Old 16-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #30
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Rego time is more annoying than insurance. At least with insurance you can pay monthly.