Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Police admits in court that radar CANNOT be used in INCELEMENT weather!!!!!FULLSTOP!!

Judge made the him admit that the Victorian Radar Operations Manuals state this!

In The Victorian Road Traffic Act (cant think of the exact name of this document) It says that the "radar or device, as long as it is sealed and in the calibration period is deemed to be accurate, as long as it was used correctly"

That means, if radar on oncoming police patrols, or static radar traps is used in any type of inclement weather the traffic act does not apply and the case MUST be thrown out! Doesnt matter if you were 10 over or 40 over.

Good news!!

Remember that, and take your camera with you at all times, so if you are pinged on country roads in the wet unfairly(rain certainly affects, and is proven to) by the radar.

I have been to court, and will tell you all about it soon when I have time.

HOW GOOD IS THIS!!

EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

I've never been in a position to dispute anything with the boys in blue. i actaully get along really well with them, as long as you (the driver) do the right thing then there is never a problem.

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats just it, you can get a very wrong reading saying you were speeding, when you were not. All the evidence is there, and that is why there is this cluase in the manuals. So you COULD have a problem. Anyone could.
Old 25-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just like Qld Speed camera's, if you are on a dual lane road, and you are changing lanes.... how much does the angle you are changing lanes at effect the reading on the speed camera? My wife got pinged @ 71 in a 60 zone, and was changing lanes, at i guess maybe 10 degrees... If the camera operates accurately at 30degrees does that mean that the angle of 40 degrees would represent a 10% incorrect % in the result...?

very very interesting... But i didnt study physics... so im not certain... mmmm!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I am not radar qualified but am laser qualified and in the fog the laser don't work to well!!
Old 25-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

This has been 'known' by the various police forces in this country since the introduction of spd cams and mobile radar. Its Joe public that has been slow to cotton on to this, and I'm guessing that with all the publicity about the inaccuracy of spd detection equipment, courts are going to become more and more clogged with the average mum and dad disputing infringements.

The fact is, very few people pinged ever take it to court to dispute. In the wet a camera will not give 100 % accuracy, and depending on the amount of rain, fog, etc will vary quite significantly. Most camera skurge pack up their cameras when it rains, but there's always that period when it starts to rain (and before they've packed up) that people still get "caught" and sent an infringement. Most pay.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #7
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I am not radar qualified but am laser qualified and in the fog the laser don't work to well!!
I'm not qualified any more but I can tell you that radar works fine in inclement weather but the range is shortened.
Getting a single copper to admit or state something in court isn't useful for anything except getting off that case. Another copper and magistrate on a different day may well have a different outcome. The Magistrate's court isn't a court of record and can't set precedent.

Where is the link to the article you are quoting ED ?
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
Falchoon

In ACT $peed Camera vans still operate in light rain.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 03:43 PM   #9
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
I'm not qualified any more but I can tell you that radar works fine in inclement weather but the range is shortened.
Getting a single copper to admit or state something in court isn't useful for anything except getting off that case. Another copper and magistrate on a different day may well have a different outcome. The Magistrate's court isn't a court of record and can't set precedent.

Where is the link to the article you are quoting ED ?
well actually it mighn't set a precedent as such,but even you know that cases use other cases as references,and that include magistrate court as well.

and i think *unsure* he was qouting himself but i cant make what he meant by this remark
Quote:
I have been to court, and will tell you all about it soon when I have time.
so maybe its his case whom knows.

but all radars can be disputed to the point you will be believed in a court of law,and just cause your a cop doesnt make you qualified with the radar gun and how it work as in science and technology wise,just qualified to use it.

i dont think there is such a thing as accuracy with these thngs is there?
i mean like you hear so many stories from state to state about them whom knows who's really committed a offence and whom has gotten away with a offence,i guess the more they make the better they become but whom knows.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #10
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey_XF
I've never been in a position to dispute anything with the boys in blue. i actaully get along really well with them, as long as you (the driver) do the right thing then there is never a problem.
Lukey what majical world do you live in?

Can anyone confirm if this applies to the oned fixed on the freeways, etc?
I know some use sensors in the ground, which I guess would work in all conditions. But the others (if any), would they still be 100%?

I can now see people driving at excessive speeds in the wet now :jab:
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 07:15 PM   #11
HOON69
Banned

which makes me worried especially after being on the m1 the other day watching it pour down whilst driving in the middle lane of a 4 lane hwy,cars slowing to 60 visibility about 10 metres max and cars passing us at 120 with cars infront doing 60 in a 110 zone.

is a worrying thought thats for sure.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #12
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Hoon69 - it does not rain on some people's planets so they are ok...
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #13
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
which makes me worried especially after being on the m1 the other day watching it pour down whilst driving in the middle lane of a 4 lane hwy,cars slowing to 60 visibility about 10 metres max and cars passing us at 120 with cars infront doing 60 in a 110 zone.

Some people have hair dryers on their vehicles drying out the road in front of them... usually seen on pretend R33 Skylines, and Sylvia's with their "expensive" cheap low progile rubber.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 12:12 AM   #14
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69

* The middle lane is not the left lane (in case).
* The M1 is to have fixed speed cameras installed. They will be signposted per NSW.

Q. Did the cars switch on their low beams or fogs AND rear fogs where so fitted, or did they just go in blind as usual??
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #15
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was my case, I will be making the details known as soon as I have time to all the press, media and as many internet sites as I can. Not a speed camera.

I am SICK of the lies. And XA, the radar does NOT work fine in inclement weather, even at lesser ranges, or else this would not be in the Victorian Radar Operations Manual (also the NSW manual, Tasmania manual...which I have copies of). Give me a break. It is in there because it is known to be the FACT that rain and spray from other cars etc takes the accuracy out by more than what can be said to be called "accurate".
And that my friends makes any reading in the rain or inclement weather (look that up in the dictionary, read it out in court) not comply with the Victorian Road traffic acts.

For speed cameras, as long as they are radar based, the same applies. Most fixed dont use radar but sensors in the road, or both. So are most likely to be right.
Old 26-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #16
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
That means, if radar on oncoming police patrols, or static radar traps is used in any type of inclement weather the traffic act does not apply and the case MUST be thrown out! Doesnt matter if you were 10 over or 40 over.

Good news!!
Why would you do 40 km/h over the speed limit in inclement weather?

Have a think about the statement you've made here. You're admiting you've been speeding, but got off because of a technical issue.

If you had been booked when you weren't speeding and this defence helped you get off, then I would see the merit in your posts. Otherwise, all you're doing is giving people a legal out to drive fast in the rain.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #17
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ill clafify that, doesnt matter if you were booked for 10 over or 40 over. That doesnt mean you were doing that speed.

And I sure wasnt booked for doing anything near that. Was even admited by the police officer that I looked slow....Still got a ticket though (didnt believe his eyes apparently).
Old 26-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #18
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Yeah but that is a matter of the laser not getting a return as apposed to a false reading. I use lasers in my profession and dust/fog all prevent returns, never a false reading.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 05:28 AM   #19
EF Henry
Starter Motor

Got nailed on the Bike(BMW R100RT) about 2 years ago. WA police car with oncomming radar.Incident started when oncoming truck flashed me and I backed off a bit sat dead on 110 KMS.Flipped the visor up and was chatting with the wife 5 minslater plod rocks up over the hill. Lights whistles, pulled me over and showed me reading of 139kmh. I had a truck behind me. Decateur oncoming radar is not accurate PERIOD.I told plod to NNNN off and was rather preturbed at my heavy fine for observing the speed limit. Really killed my love for the bike as these were the demerit points which broke the camels back.Saying that the WA plods have warned me on 3 or 4 occaisions which I have heeded. Coppers over here don't have the quotas set like other states not rich in Mining revenues.

Its all about the revenue. Bracks in Victoria told the top cops to back off on traffic infringements 2 weeks before a state election once.
EF Henry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post