Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down Last Chance Learners

Caught a bit of this show last night. All I can say is OMG.
Let's face it, these people just have no idea, just because you keep going for your license until you actually fluke it, should they be allowed on the roads.

These people are dangerous, some have had 500 lessons or been on their learners for 17 years, 17 bloody years.

Imagine some of these people in an emergency, they'll shut their eyes, take their hands of the wheel, scream and hope for the best.

Licensing section should just have a note against their name "NOT TO BE ISSUED WITH A DRIVERS LICENSE,EVER".

: :eclipsee_ : :MrT_anim: :MrT_anim:

Old 19-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Scary to think these clowns could be coming head on at you :

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Extremely bad show, but like a train wreck you cant help but watch.

Personally i think that the girl thats allowed to take the test (yeah channel 7 is the RTA now), is one of the worst there, because she actually thinks she good. The test chasing the car on the track was a lesson in stupidity, what is that supposed to teach you?

Plus on top of all that the show is one big 30min Hyundai ad. Stupid channel 7

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I saw the ad, and just thought that these people should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be allowed on public roads.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

i saw the ad for this show, i can't belive they're making a show of it
:
Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:26 PM   #6
Kenster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Scary to think these clowns could be coming head on at you :
you should be safe whoosha since the show is film in sydney as long it doesnt comes to melbourne roads all of us should be safe at least i hope so
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What time what channal??

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #8
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Heh this show just reinforces the stereotype that 9 out of 10 idiots who can't drive prefer Hyundai.
Old 20-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

At least it's Hyundai's that are getting smashed up.

Scarey to think what they are letting onto our roads ... but then again ... Sydney has the worst taxi drivers in the world that drive the same way these Learners do and I am used to it.

Just like this young P-plate girl this morning in some Korean crap car ... decided to straight line the dual-lane bend up Delhi Rd near Chatswood ... while I was on the inside lane next to her. Boy did she get an earful .... she was oblivious to what she had done as well.

Thank god I don't live in a built up area anymore ... I'd go Postal with the amount of stupid idiots on the road that have no clue.

I'd rather run the gauntlet of early morning wildlife on the country roads near home .... at least they are semi-predictable.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #10
EFDream
XRR83D

I found it a good laugh....but I don't think I"ll be tuning in next week.....lol

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #11
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

I almost turned it off when I started shouting at the TV.

Has to be one of the most annoying shows to watch. These people should NEVER be allowed to drive EVER again!
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 08:35 AM   #12
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDaaron
What time what channal??
Channel 7. Wednesday Night. 7.30pm IIRC.
Old 20-04-2007, 09:05 AM   #13
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

There was a similar show on a few years back, and I am of the opinion, these are the very people that WILL kill some innocent motorist thru their inability the performe the simplest of tasks, operater a motor vehicle safly !The other show had Dick Johnson as one of the panel members, and he was laghing at some of the antics , and I lost alot of respect for him as he should know better !

Apauling show , I hate reality tv !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #14
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just when I think that Mike Whitney can't stoop any lower, he comes with this that gem!

When watching it, the first thing that came to mind was, as others have already pointed out, the potential for such people to cause accidents if they ever get on the road, and the way they'd react if they were presented with a dangerous situation whilst out driving. Hands off the wheel and over the eyes just about sums it up.

However, I also got a bit annoyed too. I could just picture me parking my pride & joy in some given carpark, only to have one of those clowns run their sh*tbox down my side panels whilst attempting to park. And they'd just giggle and say "Oops" in that stupid girlish giggling manner and just drive off, leaving me with a $3k damage bill.

Driving isn't a right, its a privilege, and some people simply should NOT have it bestowed upon them. They should be told that you can't drive a nail straight let alone a car. Life's tough. Live with it. Walk or catch public transport. Just don't endanger me.

Brent.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #15
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

It was almost like some of them had a phobia of sitting behind the wheel. How that happens escapes me. It seems a bit petty to be absolutely **** scared of driving.

Some of them though are just plain dangerous. I don't know why they insist on getting their drivers licence. They can't drive FFS...
Old 20-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #16
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You would think their 'last chance' would have been used up years ago... hehe
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 09:32 AM   #17
HOON69
Banned

you know what.

they are still here with us,and you got other ppl on their P's and open licence dying on our roads
so before mocking em just remember whilst they are bad they aint the worst of the worst some ppl on their opens shouldnt of even made it to the reception desk of the MTA/RTA

they are bad but if you watch the show its more the nerves and their self esteem then their driving ability.

but yeah its def fun to watch the show :
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #18
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I heard on the news a few weeks back that the head of my dads local RTA (Botany) was in trouble for taking bribes to issue licenses, then no follow up story. He reckons the asians were putting guns to the examiners heads.

My grandfather drove like a maniac for nearly 70 years. He was made to go for a driving test on his 85th birthday. During the test he sped, disobeyed a stop sign and pulled out in front of a truck. According to my dad he was just driving like all the other people on the central coast that day. Anyway needless to say he lost his license but they gave him L plates, on his 85th birthdya. He is mightily ****ed off that none of us will go in the car with him. I have not ridden with him since I got my Ls, I would catch the train up there and pu the Ls on at the station and take them off when I got back to the station. I had to ride with him once when I lost my license for a while. He tried to follow a car through a shopping centre boom gate. He says to me once: "I got booked on Pennant Hills road, Where's the speed camera on Pennant Hils Road?" Me: "If you can't see the speed camera signs you shouldn't be driving" They should make a show about him and call it last chance livers.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #19
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
I heard on the news a few weeks back that the head of my dads local RTA (Botany) was in trouble for taking bribes to issue licenses, then no follow up story. He reckons the asians were putting guns to the examiners heads.
That would explain how most of the population of Sunnybank in Brisbane were able to get their license :eclipsee_
Old 20-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #20
The Monty
Just slidin'

I loved the chick with the first, second, first (nearly headbutt windscreen), and the little asian lady, who when told they had to drive manuals, cried out "Ha, I cant even make them move!!". Classic.
Old 20-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #21
LTDHO
The one and only

It sicken's me to know know they are making a show about dangerous people and then give the best worst person a car.

Next they will do it with guns!!

It's so wrong and very dangerous, yet people watch it.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #22
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

that probably would be interesting, give a whole heap of absolutly useless people guns and wait and see how many people have negligent discharges and shoot each other or you could make the russian version of last chance learners where the course you drive along is lined with anti tank mines. PPL will learn really quick that way LOL :togo:

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #23
blackahcdx

These people should be removed from the gene pool NOW! :
blackahcdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #24
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

A scene from "Gone in 60 Seconds" comes to mind here. Its the black guy (Donny) who is a driving instructor and the Asian chick in the car.

DONNY: Don't touch nothing! You can't negotiate turns. You can't signal properly. You can't maintain speed. You can't parallel park. Hell, you can't drive, honey. ****, I can't swim, I know I can't. So you know what I do? I stay my black *** out the pool!

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #25
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

^^^ bwahahahahahahahahaha
tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #26
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More crap on TV.
I think that a show like this only promotes my belief that TV sucks.
I only watch anything football related.

That probably promotes my removal from the gene pool. At least that's legitimate history in the making!
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #27
Miller
It's Millertime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
A scene from "Gone in 60 Seconds" comes to mind here. Its the black guy (Donny) who is a driving instructor and the Asian chick in the car.

DONNY: Don't touch nothing! You can't negotiate turns. You can't signal properly. You can't maintain speed. You can't parallel park. Hell, you can't drive, honey. ****, I can't swim, I know I can't. So you know what I do? I stay my black *** out the pool!

That quote goes down as one of the best movie quotes..ever.

And it is so true in this situation
Old 20-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #28
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

This show us all why we need public transport.
Old 20-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #29
Falchoon

Thumbs down

But it's the dangerous people like ourselves that do 5 or 10km/h over the speed limit that are responsible for the road toll. /sarcasm off
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #30
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

My immediate thought after seeing the ad was why encourage them i honestly don't want these people on the road and i know i'm not the only one. But hey i'm sure that nice shiny new car they win will look a treat wrapped around another road users car. :