Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Default Stay away from The Tyre Factory, Mitcham

About 6 months ago, I decided to get wheels and tyres for my AU. Anyway, I had this friend of a friend who works at TTF in Mitcham. So I go down there, expecting mates rates, get hassled by everyone who works there to buy rims and tyres I don't want and get royally screwed around.

Anyway, they finally get the right rims in and put them on but only put on 4 wheel nuts and tell me its good to go. Obviously its not and when asked about the fifth wheel nut they say, sorry we don't have any lock nuts around so drive your car home and come back on monday.

When they finally relent and put a normal nut on there, I drive her home only to find out they put the wrong tyres on the car. Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, instead of Kumho Ecsta SPT's. After I made it very clear, and had to insist 5 or 6 times for them to put these tyres on. So I ring them back up and they tell me, sorry we didn't realise, we can put the right tyres on the car but it will cost you an extra $200 a tyre. So stupidly I didn't bother investigating any further.

So finally yesterday, I had a nail in my tyre and not wanting to go to TTF, my dad puts me on to this bloke he has worked with for years through various businesses and has never let dad down, and came through for us in some tough spots, he owns Ringwood Tyre Service. So I go down there and get talking and not only did I find that the Kumho Ecsta SPT's aren't $400 a tyre but I paid the SPT price and The Tyre Factory put on a cheaper tyre.

Very Very Angry, rant finished.

sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Every time i've been down there to get quotes for some new tyres or rims they were always extremely rude and only wanted to sell you what the had in stock.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 02:39 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Same sort of thing happened to me with TTF in Cheltenham. Asked for and paid for Bridgestone Potenza GIII's and they put Grid II's on. Say oh sorry we didn't realise and we don't have any GIII's in, drive around on them until we get them in. I call the next day only to be told that I should just wait until they are ready and what am I complaining about anyway I'm driving around on "their" tyres to which I responded no they are mine you are just trying to screw me over. they finally organized for me to get some GIII's in Sunshine and I get there and I meet the manager, who was a dick head. Says no we don't have GIII's and tries to give me Grid II's again, bloody idiot then tells me I'm wasting his time and that I'm just being difficult. How dare I ask for what I paid for! Finally (a week later) get it organized to be done in Geelong, along with another wheel alignment as Cheltenham had stuffed that up too, rock up and all is fine tyres are there and they'll have it ready in 1 1/2 hours. Get back tyres are on but the wheel alignment wasn't done as they said their wheel aligner was not working : . I gave up and took some satifaction that I had near killed a pair of Grid II's in the space of a week, got to get something back for the amount of fuel I wasted. :
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Yeah no offence to anyone working at any of The Tyre Factories, but I also had real crap service at the one in Bayswater now I think about it, didn't want to sell my girlfriend what she wanted, only what they wanted to give her. So general rule, go somewhere else.
Old 19-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
Yeah no offence to anyone working at any of The Tyre Factories, but I also had real crap service at the one in Bayswater now I think about it, didn't want to sell my girlfriend what she wanted, only what they wanted to give her. So general rule, go somewhere else.
I had crap service at Dandenong too when I was chasing tyres for the in-laws Magna. Looks like that's the way they all do business, pretty poor really.
Old 19-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
cool65
carefactor zero

they aim at bling or very lowbuck customers
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Another vote for crap service here.

After booking in a week ahead, and driving up from bendigo to get wheels/tyres/lowered/wheel alignment i arrived at 8 am in sunshine,got stuffed around till 1pm,at which time they put me in their ute to highpoint, with a kamakazie sales guy,who asked me if I'd like to stop and "get smashed" at his house on the way.

Arrive back at 4.30 to the ute nose down,lowered front but not rear,at which point I proceeded to lose it.I was told there were no lowering blocks in melbourne,and good luck getting any.I carried on a bit more and ended up having the labour knocked of for fitting the front springs.

I called into sunbury autobarn on the way home,bought blocks and drove straight into the garage when I got home and fitted them.

Yeah TTF are great!
Old 19-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

The TTF up here in Maroochydore closed down last year sometime.

After reading this it makes me wonder why... [/sarcasm]
Old 19-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #9
FPVTurboTaxi

TTF at mdore were great .. lee that worked there did a really good job really looked after me
then the buisiness was sold ...the manager went to the oposition and it was all down hill from there

For Sale QLD Number Plates 06-XRF $550 PM me
FPVTurboTaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #10
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Must say ive had similar service at Dandenong, not to mention some of the things they tried to sell would have meant the car was illegal (and dangerous), and some of the wheels & tyres simply would not have fitted!

Also, the tyres they fitted on my cousins car were far too narrow for the rims, and within a week the two front ones had spun them selves around on the rims causing an instant flat - downright dangerous.

Thumbs up to the service I have received at Fountain Gate Bob Jane though, they were extremely helpful there on so many levels, even with after sale service
Old 19-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #11
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford2001
Must say ive had similar service at Dandenong, not to mention some of the things they tried to sell would have meant the car was illegal (and dangerous), and some of the wheels & tyres simply would not have fitted!

Also, the tyres they fitted on my cousins car were far too narrow for the rims, and within a week the two front ones had spun them selves around on the rims causing an instant flat - downright dangerous.

Thumbs up to the service I have received at Fountain Gate Bob Jane though, they were extremely helpful there on so many levels, even with after sale service
Same here, very very good when we needed to replace a rim and tyre on my brother in-laws BA. TTF really should think about how they treat their customers as they never know who they are dealing with. Just look at us here, I'm sure after reading this thread that no one in Melbourne would go to any of these stores as you can get the same prices and better service elsewhere.
Old 19-04-2007, 08:20 PM   #12
LTDHO
The one and only

Do inteligent people go to TTF??
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 08:28 PM   #13
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

these are the reasons why ttf are going out of business. i work for one of their opponents ( kmart auto, bag me if you want but if you want tyres at a decent price drop me a pm) and i get at least 5 customers a week complaining about everything from customer service to quality of workmanship from ttf. customers want to come in get their job done and not come back until their cars are due for a service/tyre rotation etc again.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #14
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Add TTF Sunshine to the list of crap service and rip off merchants. I will never take any car to any TTF again, thats how bad it was.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #15
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
About 6 months ago, I decided to get wheels and tyres for my AU. Anyway, I had this friend of a friend who works at TTF in Mitcham. So I go down there, expecting mates rates, get hassled by everyone who works there to buy rims and tyres I don't want and get royally screwed around.

Anyway, they finally get the right rims in and put them on but only put on 4 wheel nuts and tell me its good to go. Obviously its not and when asked about the fifth wheel nut they say, sorry we don't have any lock nuts around so drive your car home and come back on monday.

When they finally relent and put a normal nut on there, I drive her home only to find out they put the wrong tyres on the car. Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, instead of Kumho Ecsta SPT's. After I made it very clear, and had to insist 5 or 6 times for them to put these tyres on. So I ring them back up and they tell me, sorry we didn't realise, we can put the right tyres on the car but it will cost you an extra $200 a tyre. So stupidly I didn't bother investigating any further.

So finally yesterday, I had a nail in my tyre and not wanting to go to TTF, my dad puts me on to this bloke he has worked with for years through various businesses and has never let dad down, and came through for us in some tough spots, he owns Ringwood Tyre Service. So I go down there and get talking and not only did I find that the Kumho Ecsta SPT's aren't $400 a tyre but I paid the SPT price and The Tyre Factory put on a cheaper tyre.

Very Very Angry, rant finished.
I got a feeling your message will get through.

I'm friends with the Owners Son, and he also bought Mums old BA XR6 off us... He's on the forums as well.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #16
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try TTF in Thomastown, speak to Simmo.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #17
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

well feel free to pass it on, you shouldn't be allowed to treat your customers like that

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 19-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #18
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like the tyre swapping bizzo is something they do ALL the time.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #19
FLYXR6
Silvester

ok two things here, TTF sunshine have the same customer service as mitcham, they promised my mate a set of rims in 3 days it ended up taking 3 weeks, plus they couldn't get the paint job on the rim right, it had to keep going back, However TTF Thomastown are the complete opposite, i damaged a rim last month, they got a rim in specially for me, within 2 days, i dropped it in on saturday morning the car was ready 45 mins later
had 4 new tyres fitted too.... They were great. the price was good too and even if it wasn't id pay more for good customer service anyway. If you want to be helped and not given the run around TTF thomastown is the place to go.

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #20
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYXR6
ok two things here, TTF sunshine have the same customer service as mitcham, However TTF Thomastown are the complete opposite, They were great. If you want to be helped and not given the run around TTF thomastown is the place to go.
Phil say the same thing about TTF Thomastown, and at the end of the day they are franchises so the way one place operates can be different to the next due to different owners. That being said, it sounds like its the only one and any tyre plaec I go to these days I stand there and watch them complete the work personally. I don't want some 16 year old kid that couldn't care less, breaking stuff on my car.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 19-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #21
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chalk up another vote for how shite ttf in mitcham are, my brother bought rims on 12 months intererest free conveniently they "forgot" to tick the interest free componnent on the finance application, ended up costing my brother extra money to pay out the thing early. They are a bunch of fools.
Old 19-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #22
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Gee I wonder why people go to The Tyre Factory

BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP A$$'s

Pay for what you get..................

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 11:32 PM   #23
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be going to Fair Trading (or whatever your equivalent is there). Print this thread and take it along as well as a quote from Ringwood showing the price of the tyre you paid for and didn't get. Even just submitting a complaint like this might get you results adn stop others from beign ripped off this way.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 11:41 PM   #24
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Yeah, i might give that a go next week

Old 19-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #25
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once upon a time the fools at TTF Thomastown tried to convince me that their cheap **** Nankang tyres were better than my Bridgestone S02s. I didn't even say goodbye.. i just turned around and walked out in histerics.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 11:56 PM   #26
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

I had a bad experience with TTF Dande (a few years ago now) got jerked around and treated like a time wasting d**khead (even tho i was being polite to a fault) if theyd been alright about it they wouldve gotten my business. They didnt get my business.

Its true, you get what you pay for.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 07:23 AM   #27
LTDHO
The one and only

I'm not going to mention the VL that was stripped of it performance parts aver night whilst sitting in Dandenong TTF.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #28
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I Had a bad service experience at Mitcham too, they wouldnt listen to my requests, kept on offering tyres i didnt want... so i just walked out on them.

Old 20-04-2007, 08:42 AM   #29
BJ
Banned

Now you see i had the same trouble with them at Mitcham. A good old fashion smack in the mouth does wonders for service. After that they couldn't do enough for me.

Mind you they had already stuff a mate magnesium Halibrand salt lake wheel before it turned pear shaped. See i live by the old rule you fa@rk me over i"ll do it to you.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #30
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford2001
I agree, i work around the corner and they are a no BS company. Always look after me there.

And he drives an XR8

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post