Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Default Jaycar Speedo Corrector S2

Hey all you AU guys just a heads up that the Series 2 of the Jaycar Speedo Corrector is now available and i have spoken to a electronic wizz and says it works as well if not better then the previous model. Its $49.95 and would be well worth it, i have the S1 unit in mine and it does everything it is supposed to i drove around for a while calculating speeds but i havent looked back since fitting this kit.

Shaun

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

what exactly does it do/how does it correct speeds etc.

does it adjust percentages?

and then if it does, does it throw everything else out? DTE/odo. etc?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
what exactly does it do/how does it correct speeds etc.

does it adjust percentages?

and then if it does, does it throw everything else out? DTE/odo. etc?
If your smart and dont have the edit you can use 2 of these units one to correct the speedo when you change the diff gears, you can adjust it from 1-99%, then you can use another one to send another signal and adjust it to correct your transmission shift points as they will slightly be changed from the diff gears.
As for the DTE and ODO it actually fixes them as once you put in diff gears say 3.9's its around a 14% increase so if you travel 100kms distance with the 3.9's and no speedo corrector you will have actually put 114kms on your car but you've actually only done 100kms.

Make sence?

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gees, i didn't realise that i was actually putting more k's onto my car than i am actually doing!! Makes sense though. SO what about those of us who have an it, can we still correct this? I only have 3.7's in mine, but would like to have the speedo and related items working properly. Can i still use the this Jaycar unit?
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

First step is to change the speedo gear to say the blackm one and see how close that corrects the speedo odometer. The ECU Auto change ups will be a lot higher though this may be good and bad depending on the engine mods. Thats where the two digital speedo adjusters come in. I have set up two of the old correctors and they work well. Its nice to be able to dial in shift changeup speeds and so on. Eventually though I just went back to the black gear and one corrector which is fine with a 3.45 diff anyway.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

If you look in my gallery (follow the link in the signature) there is some pics of the old adjuster and how to fit it.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post