Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-02-2007, 02:01 AM   #1
frd_crzer
:D:D

Default How Many People Have Had Their Cars Impounded

i just want to find out which towns around australia have had the most cars impounded

Old 04-02-2007, 02:12 AM   #2
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd_crzer
i just want to find out which towns around australia have had the most cars impounded
i know my town is top of list 22 cars, but i think its 3 -4 suburbs combined through

Dandenong - My Suburb
Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 02:19 AM   #3
frd_crzer
:D:D

well i live in werribee and i know a couple of people that have had their car impounded a couple of times
Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
snortycorty

Melbourne cops up here this weekend.
A middle aged man, taking off a little bit too hard, chiprped the wheels very slightly. Now he has his first hoon offence.(and by no way did he mean to do this) That BS.

Another guy here on his 2nd offence.
VN commondoor, with a Big P plate on his car (not having a go at P platers, I am one myself) Big exhaust blah blah
WHat disgusts me though is this car has window sox and a BABY SEAT in the back. Just hope he has the brains to withold his 'hooning' whilst bub is in the car...
Unlike the first guy i mentioned, this guy deserves to have his car put away, as I've seen him drive and yep, he drives like a hoon.

Not sure of anyone else... interesting to hear how many more after the weekend when the melb police go back.
snortycorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
woodsy109

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Goldcoast has the highest impound rate in Australia.

BTW I don't know anyone who has had their car impounded.
woodsy109 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Cosmo Kramer
Relaxn

This was in the paper a few days ago.

This story is from AAP

Gold Coast 'the hoon capital'

January 24, 2007

THE Gold Coast has been declared the hoon capital of Queensland with more than 20 per cent of the state's hooning offences.
Police Minister Judy Spence today said police had impounded 3221 vehicles across Queensland since anti-hooning laws were introduced in November 2002.

Of these, 714 cars have been impounded on the Gold Coast, Ms Spence said.

"This accounts for more than 22 per cent of all hooning offences in Queensland," she said.

Ms Spence said despite the high figures, there was solid evidence the laws were working with just 76 repeat offenders.

"This is because confiscations hit hoons where it hurts the most – by taking away their wheels," she said.

"Once a motorist goes through the embarrassment and inconvenience of having their car impounded, they are unlikely to do it again."

Ms Spence said the anti-hooning laws gave police the power to impound vehicles used for hooning for 48 hours.

Repeat offenders can have their car taken off the road for three months or even forfeited to the state after a third or subsequent offence.
Cosmo Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is some little tool in Bendigo that has had 3 driving offenses so stands to be the first person to lose his car altogether. And believe it or not, he's just got his P's, most of his offenses were on his L's!! (not supervised!)
The scary thing is they showed the car on TV, and i've lost count of the amount of times I have seen that little ricebox, his attitude on the road was pathetic. Definetely a worthy candidate for losing his car!
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
Kil4Collingwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
There is some little tool in Bendigo that has had 3 driving offenses so stands to be the first person to lose his car altogether. And believe it or not, he's just got his P's, most of his offenses were on his L's!! (not supervised!)
The scary thing is they showed the car on TV, and i've lost count of the amount of times I have seen that little ricebox, his attitude on the road was pathetic. Definetely a worthy candidate for losing his car!
yep seen him too hope they make an example out of him no place for attitudes like his on our roads.
Kil4Collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
Kryton

i live in Warrnambool, the town that trialled confiscation well over a year ago. they got 2 or 3 people that weekend, all of which deserved it too.
since then it hasnt been too bad here.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #10
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my cousin lost his vl turbo for a few months then they defected him. wind wipers were too shiney, 17 or 18 inch wheels too big for vl, one of the seat belts twists abit. crap like that. he has the car back now but doesn't get his licence back untill aprill.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #11
ba_5speed

i kinda got my BA impounded.

about midnight on a weeknight a went around a corner and spun the wheels slightly, there was a cop around the corner too. he already had someone pulled over so he just took down my rego.

about 5:00 am he came to my house and asked me heaps of questions and said do i have anything to say, i said no then he said to me that the car has to be taken for 48 hours. the cop drove it from my house to the station.

i picked it up 2 days later. i got my summons in the mail a few weeks ago and i got to court on the 27th Feb.

i have been told that i only pay a small fine and the storage of the vehicle fee, no loss of points either.
ba_5speed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #12
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_5speed
the cop drove it from my house to the station.
id be mentioning this in court if you are going. it should be taken by tow truck.
it wouldnt matter if it was the Cheif of Police, thered be no way they'd be driving my car anywhere.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #13
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

My neighbour was one of the first to get impounded on the weekend it came in.

Yellow GTO.
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #14
5L
[ 5L ]

is this the new cool thing or something. to know someone who has had their car impounded. i think that these people should be ingnored rather than highlighted.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #15
HOON69
Banned

QLD:
GC wins hands down
LOGAN
IPSWICH
TOOWOOMBA
would have to be up there on the list too..
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #16
ba_5speed

hey i would never wanted this to happen, it has so what can u do
Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #17
robs_ls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_KiWi
My neighbour was one of the first to get impounded on the weekend it came in.

Yellow GTO.
Ouch.

Out of interest, what is the procedure for getting a car back? Do the cops immediately auction them off? Or does the owner have some right of appeal?
robs_ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #18
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

it was his first strike, got it back after 48 hours. Got done the weekend it came in, his car was on the news too.

He has been a good boy since.
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #19
ba_5speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs_ls1
Ouch.

Out of interest, what is the procedure for getting a car back? Do the cops immediately auction them off? Or does the owner have some right of appeal?
first time offence its 48 hours, second 3 months i think. the third time you lose your car. they possibly auction it off. the government are trying to bring in the rule if a car is not roadworthy (piece of crap or highly modified) that they cant sell it, they want to crush the car...
Old 05-02-2007, 01:08 AM   #20
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Ba 5speed when my ute was impounded the (evil) female cop took my car out of the shed the next day, and when she reversed it back in she hit the shed door. I asked why it was moved, 1 reply was photos had to be taken the other was they had to get something out of the shed. When my dad put the ute in the shed there was only a dirt bike in there and that had a seperate door and it hadnt moved.They have said they will pay for it, but the thing is why was she in my car.
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 02:32 AM   #21
holmsy
Banned

i say if it ever happens to me im writing down exactly how many k's its got and taking photos of everything before it goes. just incase somone gets excited.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 04:39 AM   #22
goldfire

Perth seems to be pretty good for this, I've chirped the wheels of my AU a little bit and didn't get pulled over, and have also seen some pretty stupid s**t with cops in a reasonable vicinity to do something about it and they didn't.

I reckon tho from reading what i have here that the Qld and Vic cops seem to be the harshest, tho i suppose since perth could most likely fit into sydney say 3 times over doesn't help i guess.
goldfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #23
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In Victoria, places like Dandenong, Ballarat (or was it Bendigo?), Broadmeadows and Noble Park (next door to Dandy) are the common hoon areas.

50% of cars confiscated were Holden Commodores.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #24
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Never.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #25
FRDPWR
416w 10.5@127mph

i wonder if cops will impound a car that they hear screcth the tyres cos of the vechile being fit with a locker
Old 05-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #26
jagga
ef xr8,,, pacies

Default ouch

i have been done twice in 2 weeks once by the same cop that used to date my mum... man she musta really upset him... any ways it took loosing 3 of my closest mates in a accident to make me realise how stupid i was being...
im just glad i realised before i killed any one...

i only lost it for 48 hrs both times... had to go to court for 16 counts of improper use of a motor vehicle.. dnt know how but i got off with 1 hit of sustaind wheelspin. they had video footage of me drifting a nice set of s bends at bout 135ish... since then i havnt even reved my xr8 over 3grand...
jagga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #27
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=snortycorty]Melbourne cops up here this weekend.
A middle aged man, taking off a little bit too hard, chiprped the wheels very slightly. Now he has his first hoon offence.(and by no way did he mean to do this) That BS.

I think that vic can impound all the 'hoon' cars they want, but i dont think it will affect the road toll more than about 0.1% because the fact remains there are lots of bad drivers that dont hoon but casue accidents.
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #28
jagga
ef xr8,,, pacies

Default sry

oh yeah forgot to say... in clare alone i know of about 10 of my mates have had thier cars impounded... 4 of us at the same time. drag racing on what we thaught to be a secluded road... turns out a cop lived across the paddoc and called in the on duties...
jagga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 06:00 PM   #29
bjr22n_
XR5TBO

I know a few cars that have been impounded, at the place i used to live 4 years ago.
The reason I knew was because i used to park my car in the garage behind the Police station, when they confiscated cars, my car was the first to be kicked out. Arh, the joys of small country towns, when everyone knows what everyone drives.

DJR Team mate #14
bjr22n_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #30
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

watch for driving in ur own street, i was going for drive half an hr ago , 1st i spot one these speed counters things on thriller then i spot a yellow patrol car in my own street and i'm like wtf are you kidding me?, i was't doing anything wrong but can't believe they're doing in the streets now, so watch out, a magna driver got done with no rego full license driver, i drove up the hill and the same car was going to same way dam it : out: :
Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post