Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
CarLover2
Starter Motor

Default Selling a car without RWC but with plates

I’m looking to sell my car with the plates but without RWC. Today I phoned the Vicroads (im in Victoria btw) and they said this was possible, but there was a form on the internet to download, I’m looking for the form and was wondering if anybody could provide any assistance?

The car is to be sold without RWC and without rego but with plates, any assistance would be great.

CarLover2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is really surprising because they normally will only let you sell with plates AND RWC or without plates (not registered - no RWC)
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
Ford_V8

Depending on whether the car is registered or not there will be various forms you need to complete,

Scenario 1 - Selling car with rego and no rwc
All that is needed here is for you to complete the registration transfer form HERE and this transfers current reg plates along with rights to the vehicle. RWC should be provided by seller as indicated but as long as this form is taken to vicroads with an RWC then it's ok. Rego transfer will not go through unless an RWC is provided.

Scenario 2 - Selling car with no rego + plates and no rwc

You will need to complete a transfer of rights form HERE for the number plates and issue the buyer with a receipt of some sort to prove proof of purchase of the motor vehicle. So this way, what you are doing is selling an unregistered car, and then transferring plates separately. An RWC is not needing in this scenario for transfer to complete, however the buyer will need one if he/she intends to ever register the car.

Hope this helps
Ford_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLover2
I’m looking to sell my car with the plates but without RWC. Today I phoned the Vicroads (im in Victoria btw) and they said this was possible, but there was a form on the internet to download, I’m looking for the form and was wondering if anybody could provide any assistance?

The car is to be sold without RWC and without rego but with plates, any assistance would be great.
If they are regular plates, go hand em in. If they are personalised plates, sell them separately.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
CarLover2
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_V8
Depending on whether the car is registered or not there will be various forms you need to complete,

Scenario 1 - Selling car with rego and no rwc
All that is needed here is for you to complete the registration transfer form HERE and this transfers current reg plates along with rights to the vehicle. RWC should be provided by seller as indicated but as long as this form is taken to vicroads with an RWC then it's ok. Rego transfer will not go through unless an RWC is provided.

Hope this helps
Thanks man i did this, buyer is gettnig the RWC tomorrow, he has 14 days so should be fine

Thanks
CarLover2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post