Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
FoxMulder

Default EL fairmont brake light problem

G'day all,
I've got a bot of a problem. My brake lights don't want to light up! The rear parkers work fine, i've changed the globes, i've changed the fuse, but the lights still don't come on. (none of the brake lights work, including the small one in the rear window).

Does anybody know what's going on?

I've checked what I think is the brake switch, (it's the only thing I can see with wires coming off of it) and it gives off a voltage that changes as the pedal goes down).

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

FoxMulder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
hmc 'mont
ELMONTY

hey. itsa common problem with the ef and els. its a simple fix aswell. there is a smallish switch which sits behind the brake pedal n when you press the brake it activates the lights. This switch can burn out which sounds like you problem.
they are pretty simple to change well thats what i have heard as i havent had to do it myself.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/STOP-LIGHT-SW...QQcmdZViewItem

thats what they look like but they arent rare any auto parts shop should have em.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #3
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmc'mont is correct. Thats ya problem
Ford will fit it for around $50, or u can go and buy them yourself for around 20 i think
Old 14-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #4
FoxMulder

Thanks guys, I just picked a new one up from Ford, fitted it, and now the brakes work.

Again thanks guys,
FoxMulder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post