Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
AU3 HERROD XR8
XR8 M8

Default XR8 vs everyday VL Turbo

Hey guys, as the title says..
a mate of my brothers just keeps braggin on about his auto straight 6 VL Turbo (your everyday vl turbo basically) whenever i see him he tells me how he dyno tuned it and that apparently (havn't seen proof, only talk) it pulls something like 12.9 seconds on slicks. Now I really didn't care much of what he said until he told me that he 'could' take my XR out. Considering that I'm only 20 I know a fair bit of what goes on under the hood and I'm thinking that I probably would take his vl turbo out no worries. But then again I don't want to try and prove to him something that might not be true. I want to prove him wrong with some facts not a race... yet. The guy is p plater and I know for a fact that half of what comes out of his mouth is all talk.

Anyway what I want to ask is would an everyday VL Turbo take out my 260 XR8 (auto) or ANY XR for that matter.
If you think what I'm saying sounds like a joke, then can you please write me some hard facts proving the capabilities of an 'everyday' vl isn't enough to beat an XR8

thanks guys.