Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Done for speeding in city

82K in a 50K zone last Tuesday = $360 fine plus demerit points ( but not sure how many as i does not say ).

All i can say is what a FN Joke Adelaide's speed limits are in the city, 40/50/60 ? in a recent survey some 70% of people here have no idea of the speed limits in the city ( for those that don't live here they seem to change daily )

Secondly i was not driving in the city at the time ( or anywhere ) as i was home working and have a fine collection of emails sent at that time ( for work ) to validate this. ( But their camara has snapped me in the city in an area i don't drive in and at the same time my car was in the shed )

So let the fun and games begin as i plan to tackle the system over yet another so called but bad, attempt at the Gov claim they are saving lives and not raising money.

end rant.

DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know they say that everyone has an exact double somewhere but sheesh, one that has the same plates, same car, same State.. that is just freakish..

Good luck Pete, I am sure you will win this bungle rather easily, but the aggravation you are about to go through will be enough to rattle the cage of a saint..

Next time you will have to remember to flick the auto pilot button off when you park your car..,.That way it can't take itself for a nice little drive and get you done for speeding :

Thoughts of Kit (sp?) came flooding in just then e
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

instant loss of licence i would have thought.
Old 20-09-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN81
instant loss of licence i would have thought.

Why.......have to be 45k's over to loose license.

Good luck Doc......get the photo !!

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
XR8putts

I say go postal.

I love having a good reason to swear at people.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #6
BAWagonWheels

If the speed camera photo that came with your infringement looks like your car in the photo then you could always dispute you weren't driving it at the time. Otherwise in some cases the infringement processing department have misread the rego plates and this fine is really meant for somebody else bearing similar plates. It does happen.
BAWagonWheels is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
82K in a 50K zone last Tuesday = $360 fine plus demerit points ( but not sure how many as i does not say ).

All i can say is what a FN Joke Adelaide's speed limits are in the city, 40/50/60 ? in a recent survey some 70% of people here have no idea of the speed limits in the city ( for those that don't live here they seem to change daily )

Secondly i was not driving in the city at the time ( or anywhere ) as i was home working and have a fine collection of emails sent at that time ( for work ) to validate this. ( But their camara has snapped me in the city in an area i don't drive in and at the same time my car was in the shed )

So let the fun and games begin as i plan to tackle the system over yet another so called but bad, attempt at the Gov claim they are saving lives and not raising money.

end rant.
Pete

Have you had them send the photo to as yet? It would be interesting to see. Got luck with it mate im shore your innocence will prevail. :eclipsee_

Scott

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #8
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Good luck in getting this all sort out.
Old 20-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #9
Falchoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWagonWheels
If the speed camera photo that came with your infringement looks like your car in the photo then you could always dispute you weren't driving it at the time.

Yes but you have to tell them who was driving. You could try a Justice Einfeld excuse and nominate that a dead yank academic was driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWagonWheels
Otherwise in some cases the infringement processing department have misread the rego plates and this fine is really meant for somebody else bearing similar plates. It does happen.
This is most likely what has happened.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #10
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have heard of one incident where a guy was done for 20k over, only problem was he had a GPS track logging as he was driving, after he received the fine in the mail he went back thro his GPS log and at the time the photo was taken he was 42K’s away from the location they say he was "apparently" speeding in.

Another one is a guy got a infringement for running a red light Or his trailer did.

2 problems> he sold the trailer 3 years before the date of the fine and his car and himself were not even in the state when it happened.

The Cop’s say tuff luck computer shows it’s your trailer> it took 2 months of phone calls and letter writing and almost a court appearance before they admitted they were wrong and he did not own the trailer and dropped the fine.

So I think you have a battle ahead of you.
This is some system we have hear in this country isn’t it.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #11
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL well no just got the notice today, but no pic so thats my first port of call tomorrow, don't need any luck , it's just annoying taking my time time to sort some one else's mistake and the crap involved with that.

AS for the battle ahead, been there and done it before, a year ago roughly was fined for old speeding / running lights fines, that were never mine and it took months and a big fight that did nearly put me in for a holiday until they finaly got it right and all charges dropped

I am a person who if done would cop it, on the flip side if i did'nt i'l fight or go to jail in the process ( extreeme but you get the drift )

Fiery the odds are slim but i know but never seen another Devil in town with very similar plates, but i am guessing no quad pipes and even rarer is my blackout between the pipes so this is going to be fun.

Also like most i will admit to having a squirt on the throtle and am no angel, but i do keep it where i can harm no one and am in my own space, but that speed in a city centre with heaps of cars / people is not for me.

will keep you posted.

Last edited by DOC; 20-09-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 20-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #12
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 8888
Why.......have to be 45k's over to loose license.
Good luck Doc......get the photo !!
Brad you of all people know i'd never attempt that fate, cheers but no luck needed, didn't do it simple.
Old 20-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #13
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Fight it Pete!!!! Good luck with it mate

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 10:52 PM   #14
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In Queensland a photo is part of the infringement notice. What's the go in SA?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 10:54 PM   #15
rodderz

Which emails were you looking at the time Pete? lol

Lucky the stuff up wasnt done in Vic, it's a lot less than 45 over here to do your brief in and lose the license
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #16
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Victoria you want the photo you must request it and pay $8.50 for the privilege, who knows cost may have gone up..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 10:57 PM   #17
NA XR6
!!

Fight Fight Fight i say!!!
NA XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #18
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
In Queensland a photo is part of the infringement notice. What's the go in SA?
A fine in the mail when your cars in the shed ?

Rodderz i was checking some emails re bicycle racks that I'm interested in.

but yes i deal in around 200 plus emails a day so i have a about forty / fifty emails all going out from me at the said time.

Spoolman , yes it wont surprise me if they want $ ( to help kurb the road toll they tell me ) but i would be looking to get that back for being wrongly accused if so.
Old 20-09-2006, 11:07 PM   #19
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Victoria you want the photo you must request it and pay $8.50 for the privilege, who knows cost may have gone up..
You can go into the Civic Complience Centre in the city and view your pic for free if you desire.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #20
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Oh and as for fighting it, my mother recieved a fine from the ACT in 2003, and simply rang them and advised that it couldnt have been her due to a prior appointment in Melbourne. They removed her fine and demerit points with no fuss at all.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 11:12 PM   #21
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Pic is Free & included with the ticket now Mark (for a trial period)
Was on the news the other day.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 11:22 PM   #22
XRDRIFT
More Power, Bigger turbo

Mate, fight those bastards to the end , I for one have no respect for the law what so ever. I got done for negligent driving the Saturday that just past.

Words from the cop' "what was that bit of driving like a d1ckhead for"...little did the dumbsyt see was the car infront of me changing lanes without indicating or looking while was overtaking him. $300 and 3 points wtf!!!!! I did him a favour by not just hittng the car and then requesting police assistance with more paperwork :

I wont be fighting it as I have a bad record, 5 years loss of license and have had it back for 1 year 3 months with no fines and I own a XR6 turbo and a 1984 corolla with a 100kw 4AGE in it(driftpig). Hint hint, I learnt my lesson..Cops dont

So dude dont let the bastards win, and sue them in the process, they get things wrong all the time and 8/10 times never own up to it..TEACH THEM A LESSON!!!!!
Old 20-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #23
XRQTR
TBA Customs

It was me I tell you, I hypnotized you and then took your car on a speed camera spree, it's only the first part of my plan towards total world domination :evilsasmo

Dude don't just fight 'em, this is definitely one for the 6:30 rags, get one of them involved seeing as how they are always on the lookout for stories to embarass government with. Keep in mind that you might not be the only person this happened to so you might actually be doing a public service, most people wouldn't have a chance on their own but if enough people put their hand up, well who knows.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 11:38 PM   #24
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get the photo,fight them and when you win send them an invoice for your labour costs for the inconvenience.I did it when I had my own truck and was sent a fine for going through a red light in Parramatta. No a bad effort seeing as I was in Melbourne at the time.I must add that I never got paid for the invoice,but I wasted a lot of their time with them wanting to know why I had invoiced them.Stick it to them and dont give up.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #25
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
It was me I tell you, I hypnotized you and then took your car on a speed camera spree, it's only the first part of my plan towards total world domination :evilsasmo
LOL dude, your secrets out, and yep i suppose the fights on, love to see how some desk jockey came up with my car being in the city and parked in my shed at the same time.

Rapidxr8: might give your trick a go and send them the bill for fun if anything
Old 21-09-2006, 12:30 AM   #26
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

maybe not just an invoice for your time, but enclose a photo showing you spending that time on paperwork. as posted previously...difficult to argue with a photo!
I guess that even if you lose you will have a pic for the album.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 12:39 AM   #27
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo
maybe not just an invoice for your time, but enclose a photo showing you spending that time on paperwork. as posted previously...difficult to argue with a photo!
I guess that even if you lose you will have a pic for the album.
Agree dificult to argue with the pic, and can't wait to so what pic this desk jockey has, and i don't take on a fight i know i will loose, facts are the car was here in the shed,

I do know there is another DevilR in town with similar Plates ( but has the letter I in it ), and i am guessing the desk jock ran his little pc app and found my name first and didn't bother checking it properly, second to this it was the frome rd / north trce blinger that supposedly snapped the pic ( the one that nabs about 30 people an hour every day ) and is an erea i never travel in.

I won't loose this fight and you can put your best money on it ( or i will go to jail for unpaid fines if i need to ).

Hows that beast of your going, nearly summer and good cruising weather is upon us again.
Old 21-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #28
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Maybe your car has an evil identical twin causing chaos amongst speed cameras....

Good luck with it all, stick it too them good it's one thing to setup camera's in the interests of "public safety" but its another to go around snapping cars that are nowhere in sight.
Old 21-09-2006, 01:12 AM   #29
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

send the ticket back saying you wish to defend yourself in court, and let them do the digging - not you. Then IF they summons you to court (they probably wont), contact a lawyer etc.... You have a case

About a yr ago, i was issued with an infringement notice i shouldnt have received for driving on the wrong side of the road (after the car slid on oil to get there and going head on in to a 4x4) i was fined for driving on the wrong side, i mailed the notice back without payment, and marked "I INTEND TO DEFEND..." etc I still havent heard back from them - i spose if u say you do not want to defend, they will feel they are going to win against you
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 02:27 AM   #30
XRchic
Hello

I hope it all goes well Pete! If there is another DevilR around the place, with similar plates, then that will explain it. I mean, the car would be a Shockwave XR8 with red decals etc, and if it has similar plates to yours then the mistake would be, not understandable, but at least predictable if people arent careful enough.

And I really wouldnt think it would have been in your nature to speed at those kinds of speeds over the limit in the city either. Even Im not that dumb.

45kmh over the limit is loss of licence here, while it is 25kmh over in Vic Im pretty sure. I would have thought that 30 something over would be a 6 point job, but Im not sure.

Get the pic, that will tell the story as you will easily be able to prove that it was not you.

Well Pete, I hope it all gets sorted out as easily and painlessly as possible!

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post