Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
cheeza5

Default Need help lowering my car!

Hi, what springs spings should get?
i have gas so when its full it will be a bit heavy(but not much)

can someone suggest type/price/and place?
i live in hawthorn.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

heres a pic of my car atm.

Old 24-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

King spring superlows will make it sit nicely all round. Price is only about $240 for all 4 off ebay but you can get them alot cheaper if you know someone that works at repco or some other automotive parts shop.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

go super super lows, make it sit on its balls, probly around 400 max fitted
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
Nashy86

I'd go the kingspring Superlows
You can get 'em fairly cheap if you wanna go 2nd hand & fit yourself
Written off whilst parked!

FG Mk II XR6T
Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto,, Dark Tint
Awesome toy for Grown Ups!
Nashy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #5
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I would normally recommend SSL in the rear and SL at the front, but since you live inner city I would just stick in a set of SLs all round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
cheeza5

sounds like a good plan russ. keep your eyes open and see if we can pick a set up.

cheers everyone
Old 24-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
-jjM-
Banned

get ultra lows, super lows just arnt low enought
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #8
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Don't forget the chamber kit, or premature tyre wear may occur at the front. I've had King Spring Super Lows fitted and they are just fine, just don't think your a 4WD anymore and remember to slow down for speed humps.

I found Pedders to be nice, I brought the springs to them and they found wasted bushes and other problems underneath and sorted it all out. They gave me two wheel alignments for the price of one. They also had the right gear at the place to do the chamber kit. Fitting was $220, the camber kit was $176 and all up it was $440.

I'm not too mechnically knowledgable so I gave it to the pro's.

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #9
cheeza5

thanks Ozfords, will be sure to buy camber kit. will try to fit them myself with the help of RUSTYEB1. is there much chance of stuffing it up? will i need to get a wheel balance after anyway?
Old 24-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #10
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

best thing to do is get the parts yourself (if you can get them cheap) and take it to someone that knows wat they are doing....or you may just learn the hard way
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #11
HELLTD 08
Starter Motor

go ultra lows,i've got ultra lows and i got them reset so they were an inch lower on my 95 ltd,looks perfect now.
HELLTD 08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 08:11 PM   #12
EFDream
XRR83D

Under 200bucks for a set of used king superlows and a day to fit them and your laughing! I did that but didn't need a camber kit.

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #13
EF_Frmnt
Banned

get pedders springs.. better ride and they sit even all round. a few people including myself have found kings dont sit even.
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #14
EFDream
XRR83D

I think I must be the only one in OZ to have a falcon sit even all round on super lows....lol

Povo Pack

Old 24-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #15
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How bout compressing the springs you already got in your car to the legal limit?. it wont cost as much as buying a full kit, but i would only recommend it if you want a cheap way out as you will be in for a very bumpy ride if you do compress your current springs........
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 10:54 PM   #16
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
How bout compressing the springs you already got in your car to the legal limit?. it wont cost as much as buying a full kit, but i would only recommend it if you want a cheap way out as you will be in for a very bumpy ride if you do compress your current springs........
hey man you should know by now how stupid this is! i dont want to get into all the gritty stuff but its dangerous and illegal (not that i give a rats **** bout stuff being legal!!!!!) but i wouldnt do it to my car for the chance of it spinning of the road at a 100 kays!!

well anyway can anyone tell me how to get past insurance with lowering my car??!! i have an exhaust system so thats my 1 mod im allowed. my insurance is full comp. and im paying bout $670 a year.

is there anywhere else i can get insurance from thats still cheap that will allow me to get more mods??

thanks guys, i know this isn't my thread but its still related!!

cheers
Braden
Old 25-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #17
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFDream
I think I must be the only one in OZ to have a falcon sit even all round on super lows....lol

Mine sits even all round on super lows... Wat shocks do you have EFDream?
I have monro gas shockies...
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #18
harpsta
I6 LICKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
hey man you should know by now how stupid this is! i dont want to get into all the gritty stuff but its dangerous and illegal (not that i give a rats **** bout stuff being legal!!!!!) but i wouldnt do it to my car for the chance of it spinning of the road at a 100 kays!!

well anyway can anyone tell me how to get past insurance with lowering my car??!! i have an exhaust system so thats my 1 mod im allowed. my insurance is full comp. and im paying bout $670 a year.

is there anywhere else i can get insurance from thats still cheap that will allow me to get more mods??

cheers
Braden
Mate go with Just Car, they are a branch of AAMI so they are well backed and you can go online get a quote, pay and be insured instantly without speaking to anybody, no questions asked. Just make sure you declare everything and your laughing.
harpsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #19
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

look this is a stab in the dark

i have a set of BF XR6 height springs, but i'm not sure if they'd fit correctly, i'm guessing not.. anyone clarify this ?

if they do fit i'm selling them cheap.
Old 25-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #20
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpsta
Mate go with Just Car, they are a branch of AAMI so they are well backed and you can go online get a quote, pay and be insured instantly without speaking to anybody, no questions asked. Just make sure you declare everything and your laughing.
hey man yeh when i first got my car i tried there but they were gonna charge me $1900 for my xr6 with an exhaust system. i dont want to pay that much!! plus the excess fee if i crash was another $1900!!!

well i guess if i want to have my dream ride its just gonna cost me an arm and a leg!!

cheers
Braden
Old 25-07-2006, 03:16 PM   #21
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6

cheers
Braden
Im pretty sure its not illegal?? (correct me if im wrong) i know a couple of ppl who have done this proffesionally. When i mean compressed, its the springs being heated and shrunk down in size. Im a bit rough on the details but im pretty sure its safe and legal.
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #22
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
Im pretty sure its not illegal?? (correct me if im wrong) i know a couple of ppl who have done this proffesionally. When i mean compressed, its the springs being heated and shrunk down in size. Im a bit rough on the details but im pretty sure its safe and legal.
AAMI hasn't cared that i've lowered the car and put 19's on, tint etc etc.. not many mods but still there's no penalty.

but then again, they're not very cheap.
Old 25-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #23
EFDream
XRR83D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cylEA
Mine sits even all round on super lows... Wat shocks do you have EFDream?
I have monro gas shockies...
Yeah same

Povo Pack