Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
leathal_weapon8
TUF-ENUF

Default Mod Help

Hi, I live in Adelaide and I wish to modify my EB series 2 S pack..... it is a mean machine stock bcoz i was lucky to obtain it with ABS, Smart Lock and stock speakers.... Anyway, my mod wish comes to these following parts

- EF T-bar shifter
- Thermostatic Fans
- Power Window Conversion
- EB GT 17 inch rims
- Full EF Xr6 interior
- XH longreach ute steering wheel ( due to them not having airbags) or EB GT steering wheel
- Aftermarket cruise control

If nebody knows where I can source most of these parts in Adelaide or SA could i plz be PM with locations or tips

leathal_weapon8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
XRated
Shoot.

Inferno may want to sell you some genuine EB GT rims.

Most of the other stuff can be sourced from wreckers.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
5L
[ 5L ]

all the stuff needed for the conversion bar the gt rims could be sourced from any decnt wreckers, better off checking out ford wreckers as they have a better clue on stuff most of the time than the other dero wrecking yards, or try all parts and panel at lonsdale they got some decent stuff going from there website
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

I have an EF XR6 interior (well seats atm anyway) if you are interested, I am in Adelaide's Northern Suburbs, PM me if you wanna discuss it further

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
primo

i rang a richmond motor salvage a few days ago about thermo fan kits, $150 for fans, wiring, frame etc. off an ef/el
primo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 05:08 PM   #6
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Sounds reasonable!! Ask rmyers about interior pretty sure he can help you with that!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #7
leathal_weapon8
TUF-ENUF

thnks so much for all the replies it is really helping me out as we all knew the EB was an unfortunate model that suffered some bleak dullness of the early 90's plus the engine was new and the interior of the S pack wasn't exactely too sporty... 1 thing that opened my curiosity could i fit a centre console from an EF in2 an EB even though the power button r in 2 diff places????
leathal_weapon8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 04:35 PM   #8
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathal_weapon8
thnks so much for all the replies it is really helping me out as we all knew the EB was an unfortunate model that suffered some bleak dullness of the early 90's plus the engine was new and the interior of the S pack wasn't exactely too sporty... 1 thing that opened my curiosity could i fit a centre console from an EF in2 an EB even though the power button r in 2 diff places????
Bleak dullness? :jab:

Yes, centre console will fit as it's been done many times before. Not sure how it'll integrate with the EA-D dash, or whether mounting points need to be modified (or brackets put in to match up mounting points, etc)

Power button is easy, it's part of a loom. I'm assuming the button itself could fit the EA-D plug shape. If not, just cut the loom & crimp/solder/tape (lol) the EF/L power button to the existing EA-D loom.

My power button, albeit an EA-D one, is discreetly tucked under the console, near the front of the driver's seat. It's there because I've got a manual console & manual gearboot for my auto. Power button still works fine, but can be a little difficult to find sometimes. All I need to do is attach it to the hidden side with double-sided tape when I can be arsed.

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post