Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 28-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
V8Owner
Starter Motor

Default V8owners/WSID Day | FF members invited for March 19

V8Owners would like to invite FF members to a private track hire at WSID, Sunday March 19. As many laps as your beast can handle! We have tried to put together a good value all-inclusive package with some additional features this time... We have put in place procedures to streamline the process as well (no need for crew or spectator details, simply hand out your tickets as required). Please support the day, you will have a blast! Also, try and encourage drag racing newbies to sign up as well, these days are a great introduction to the sport.

All inclusive price of $250 includes the following:-
  • Driver entry
  • 2 x crew tickets
  • 3 x spectator tickets
  • Breakfast, lunch and drinks for driver, crew and spectators
  • 1 x Media disc with photos and video from day
  • Driver entry for reaction time competition (there is a prize!)
  • Spectator areas PLUS Corporate box "Chillout Room"
No additional administration or spectator entry fees apply.

Chillout room

In addition to the track-side spectator area, we have arranged an air-conditioned "chillout" room (corporate box by the track). The intention is to provide an area where people can get out of the sun for a while, and sit in comfort. Pertinent for families, but all welcome.

Schedule for Day
  • 8am gates open
  • Breakfast and Scrutineering between 8am ~ 10am
  • 10am driver briefing, racing commences
  • 1pm stop for Lunch (30 mins)
  • 1:30pm ~ 4pm afternoon session, including reaction time comp
  • WSID Gates close 5:30pm
Driver and Car requirements
  • Usual WSID street meeting rules apply, please read up on them
  • Cars faster than 11.0 seconds no longer permitted for WSID private hires (new track rule)
  • ANDRA license holders must race under their ANDRA number
  • Drivers require ASA approved helmet, enclosed shoes, long sleeve shirt and long pants
  • Your most recent drivers license
Media

Grant Stevens will be attending on the day. All photography will be made available on disc and provided to each driver as part of the package. I am trying to arrange some video to be included on the disc as well. You are free to take your own photos on the day. Drivers should be aware that images will be posted on the internet, if this concerns you please remove or cover your registration plates. Grant will be able to print images as required, see him during or after the event.

Further details here, and questions can be posted in this thread or here. We hope to see some AFF members attending on the day.

Old 28-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Sounds like a blast to me, would love to run on that unreal racetrack next to lowride260 and listen to him drop that clutch at 5000RPM...LOL LOL.....
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
XRQTOR
Banned

It'd be nice to be able to come.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
Sounds like a blast to me, would love to run on that unreal racetrack next to lowride260 and listen to him drop that clutch at 5000RPM...LOL LOL.....
What you have to watch me do it what you a bit scared to do it yourself, not what Ive heared. lol :
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

I just wish i had a clutch that was good enough to handle it dude. Getting my new ones tomorrow i think... : :
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:46 AM   #6
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Guys the v8 owners club consists of an awesome bunch of friendly people. It ill be a barrell of fun down there. I highly recommend anyone who has not done this to give it a go.

Peter the last drag day was awesome and you guys are so welcoming...thanks .

Unfortunately I cannot attend without my docs permission...still I am tempted.. :evilking:

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post