Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-02-2005, 01:13 AM   #1
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Default What rights do I have?

hello all

I took the EL to the panel beaters the other day to get the absurd amount of hail damage on it fixed. I noticed the bloke who looked at it was one of those paintless dent removal blokes, who reckons I'll need a new bonnet but the dints on the roof and boot he can just tap out

I know this sounds cheesy, but the bonnet, roof and bootlid are cactus paint wise. Do I have any right to ask that these sections be painted? I figure I have paid the insurance mob the amount the cars worth over the last couple of years and want the job to look mickey mouse in case I decide to sell it soon. I was thinking the best i can do is go over it when it gets fixed and if i notice anything that may have been caused by the repairs i can then hit them up

any info would be appreciated. If you think im scum for getting half my car resprayed on behalf of the insurance company, dont worry cos normally i'd agree haha.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 01:23 AM   #2
EDXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would get a second opinion from another repairer and see what they say. It is always hard with insurance because the insurance companies screw every last cent out of the repairers so they often have no choice.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
Walkinshaw
Two > One

i know with my policy i can choose who does the repairs. Wouldnt touch the paintless repairers with a barge pole. We had our old land cruisers dents "poped out". looked great for a while, but over time you could see that the clear coat had been cracked. Just got worse as time went on, requiring the pannels to be resprayed at a later date, at our expence none the less!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #4
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunatley you will find that the Insurance company will only pay to have your car bought back to the condition before the accident/damage ..........

It will be very very hard to get it thru insurance as they will have an assessor inspect the car & he wont allow anything more ........

10 points for effort & thoughts ..... but I think fail this time matey ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

What MN has said is exactly right, theyll pay for the bare minimum and nothing more (they are after all a business).

You're well within your rights to ask for it to be resprayed, but you will have to pay the difference.
Old 21-02-2005, 07:36 PM   #6
Sundeep
Banned

Put little scratches in the hail dents and take it to another panel beater ;)

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 09:06 PM   #7
LUXO_8
windsor user

sunny, that normally doesnt work because the assessor for his insurance co will assess it again and notivce the new damage, then they wont repair the car at all......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 09:24 PM   #8
Sundeep
Banned

The wink meant I wasn't serious.

Sunde
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 10:02 PM   #9
LUXO_8
windsor user

tired.. didnt see it.....

would never know with you mate ..... jk
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2005, 09:09 AM   #10
old_mate
Smash the Boost

well, the boys suggested i put some round ice cubes into a sock and swing away at it lol

walki, i suppose if it gets to that I'll make them pay. My repairs are guaranteed for life (haha I know what they say dont mean much)

We'll see what happens. met another dude at work tonight who's mate is a final year apprentice spray painter, he may be interested in a cashie

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #11
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Get a second opinion, dont go doing anything stupid, that will only land you in trouble. Good luck with it.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post