Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
buickman
buickman

Default EA Brock Cars

The AFD had a about 4 EA brock modified cars. I a Turbo and the other 3 N/A. The thing I noticed was the N/A ones were fitted with a header system with 2 Cat converters. Was this standed and is there any advantage of this exhaust system over a JMM or Pacemaker with the single cats.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 07:21 AM   #2
brockfordsrule

that exhaust system was standard on the brock as for its advantages over other exhaust systems im not sure how it compares. finding somewhere to make you one if your interested in them is the next hurdle
brockfordsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 11:45 AM   #3
Damo
Banned

did the brocks run a V6 . :hihi:
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 12:29 PM   #4
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

There was a mechanic who owns a dyno tuning place in Dandenong trying to convice me that "the only way to get power out of a falcon OHC 6 is to run two cats!" Then i told him i had 169rwkw at the moment, what sort of gain would he expect for me? He replied saying "Faaaaarrrrkkk, i've never seen one with that sort of power before, the highest I've ever seen is 142".

So they can't have THAT many advantages :P
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
brockfordsrule

dave anytime you feel like proving or disproving that mechanics thoughts let me know ill gladly bolt my system on to your car for testing purposes.
Old 21-02-2005, 01:08 PM   #6
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockfordsrule
dave anytime you feel like proving or disproving that mechanics thoughts let me know ill gladly bolt my system on to your car for testing purposes.
That sounds like a bloody good idea, actually, mate...

Wait until i've got some $$$ saved up, and when i rip my extractors off to have them hpc coated, we can bolt yours on in their place and head down for a dyno run ;)
Old 21-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #7
brockfordsrule

if by chance we prove his theory ur car would be pulling seriously scary numbers
Old 21-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #8
Walkinshaw
Two > One

only benifit of twin cats would be simulating extreemly long secondarys, which would bulk out midrange more than anything else ala JMM Race extractors.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #9
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
only benifit of twin cats would be simulating extreemly long secondarys, which would bulk out midrange more than anything else ala JMM Race extractors.
That would be true if the cats were still under the car, but they are actually closer to the head than the standard location! :O
Old 21-02-2005, 02:09 PM   #10
Walkinshaw
Two > One

well thats just wierd!!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #11
brockfordsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
That would be true if the cats were still under the car, but they are actually closer to the head than the standard location! :O
yeah they are pretty much in the engine bay just about where the trans tunnel starts....heaps further forward than usual
Old 21-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #12
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
well thats just wierd!!
That was my thinking as I looked over the engine bays. I have never seen that extractor system before on a falcon and eyed a couple of them then spotted the Brock ID tag.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post