Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #1
frtmatt83
ANOTHER FORD DRIVER

Default subs

Is there any way to see if the subs are still working i heard that a battery works to find out what speaker what could this way work with subs

any please

matt

frtmatt83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
EBIIBurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by frtmatt83
Is there any way to see if the subs are still working i heard that a battery works to find out what speaker what could this way work with subs

any please

matt
\

i heard something like that but im not sure apparrently you hook the + terminal of the battery up to the + termainal on the speaker and - on the battery up to - on speaker and it will sort of make the speaker move in or out depending on which way you connect it, u think its actually to check if you have a melted voice coil though
EBIIBurner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:23 AM   #3
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBIIBurner
\

i heard something like that but im not sure apparrently you hook the + terminal of the battery up to the + termainal on the speaker and - on the battery up to - on speaker and it will sort of make the speaker move in or out depending on which way you connect it, u think its actually to check if you have a melted voice coil though
What in the what now... Im lost more then those people on LOST

You can "pop" a speaker to find out if it works by creating a "popper"

Get a C size battery and soilder on a wire on each side of the battery, a Popper. This will make the speakers "crack" for a second so you can hear the speaker working or find the speaker when trying to locate the wiring. This isnt enough voltage to come even close to damaging the speaker. Not sure if it works on subwoofers as I normally just hook them to a amp to see if they work.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:50 AM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

Oh and when you have to solder the wires onto each side of the battery PLEASE be quick. if your not experienced with soildering DO NOT attempt this. Get someone who can do to this

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:15 AM   #5
frtmatt83
ANOTHER FORD DRIVER

Is there anyway to see if my subs are blowen

matt
Old 02-02-2006, 05:10 PM   #6
frtmatt83
ANOTHER FORD DRIVER

I had another look at the subs today still not working. I though that the amp might be stuff but it check out fine as the power light was on. I plug a speaker into the amp i had nothing. I have had the cd player out for a while and it look like some tape i put around some wire has melt abit could this have any thing to do with? I'm also thing audio cable the red and white cables that plug into the amp and back of the cd player. Can anyone help that has the same type of problem .

any help would be great as i'm going insane.
matt