Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-01-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
BABOSS

Default Battery light??/LPGvsPetrol on the 1/4

Gidday,

This morning when i started up my car the dash red battery light came on for 1 min, then faded and came back on again whilst i was driving. It sometimes dissapears and goes faint. I checked the battery and it's fine, full charge and it's only 3 months old rated at 550 CCA. Is there a sensor somewhere that may be screwed?

Secondly i was just wondering if anyone has a dual fuel vehicle that they have taken down the 1/4 mile and compared their Petrol and LPG times (on the same vehicle of course).

Cheers guys.

BABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

in relationt to the LPG thing
when i got mine, there was .5 seconds difference in performance.
completely different now though.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

id say the voltage regulator on the alternator is nackered. if it is going faint, put the foot down in neutral and rev it a lot, if the light gets brighter, that will confirm this

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
BABOSS

For those that care, it ended up being the alternator and was replaced today, battery light has gone now. As to what's next to go, who ИИИИing knows.
BABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
gozza

yup the alternator...somtimes if i don't give my car a little rev when i start it up the battery light stays on...needs a little kick to get going lo
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
EBIIBurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
yup the alternator...somtimes if i don't give my car a little rev when i start it up the battery light stays on...needs a little kick to get going lo
i had my batt light come on on my eb after ripping it up on a u turn and the temp gauge went up quickly to H i guess you figured out what happened there lol
EBIIBurner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 02:32 AM   #7
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBIIBurner
i had my batt light come on on my eb after ripping it up on a u turn and the temp gauge went up quickly to H i guess you figured out what happened there lol
Happened in my EF too... the dash started yelling at me. Still to this day do not know why they designed a plastic water pump pulley.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post