Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-12-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
NZ
~~~

Default The GOR thread.

Ok to clear up some confusion from the other thread here is all you need to know.

We are meeting at Waurn Ponds Bunnings, Melway ref 464 K7 at 9am for a leave time of 10am. Please dont be any later than 9:30 if possible. We will be trial running a recording system talked about a while back. John and I will be going around and recording car and owner details and putting a sticker on your windscreen. Please stay around your car as we are doing this so we can get through it as quickly as possible. The map and details sheet will be handed out once the owner / car details have been recorded. The maps are gold coin, its not compulsery to have one but its recomended. The money from the map sheet and the money previously collected from other cruises will be used to offset the cost of the bbq. After that is done we will address the crowd and go over a few things and clear up any questions people might have. A UHF channel will be picked at this time.

The cruise is taking a different route this year. I did a pre run of the cruise late last night to sus out a few things. In the other thread it says we will be stopping at Deans Marsh. This won't be happening as there's nowhere to park 40 cars safely. Its also only about 25 minutes into the cruise anyway so theres no real point of stopping. The road through the Cape Otway forest is very twisty and theres many low speed corners. I found that when signs say 40km or 25km/hr thats what they mean. Theres basically no where to pass on this road either so some caution is required. Please watch your following distance.

At Lorne we will stop at the same carpark we had the BBQ at last year. There is a toilet there. The cruise will probably be a bit broken up by then so there will be clear instructions where the carpark is for those who havent been before. We should arrive there at 11am. After 20 - 30 mins we will depart again and make our way to Apollo Bay. Most of us know what the GOR is like from here. There is two sections where bridges are being upgraded and are single lane controlled by traffic lights. Apart from that theres no other roadworks or anything.

At Apollo the BBQ area's are directly across from the town on the foreshore. There is plenty of Angle parking, and if need be there is a carpark further up the road and around the corner.

BBQ lunch is free but as always feel free to make a donation. Also feel free to bring your own food to cook. I am after a voulunteer to run the BBQ. The last thing I want to do is cook a BBQ and give you all food poisioning so please somebody cook for us.

Several pre meet points have been organised. To keep things simple it is up to everyone to make sure they get to geelong on time. Check the other thread for those details.

NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

I love cooking the bbqs ........ I will voulunteer a stint of Cooking To help out ..
Some other ppl do a stint as well and it would be good all round then
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Sounds good Karl, everything is crystal.
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #4
NZ
~~~

Thanks neil.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post