Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-09-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Default Cant find compliance plate ?

Can anyone tell me where to find the compliance plate.
i have a super pursuit and cant see it anywhere. :sm_drool:

superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
BAUTE
formerly known as AUUTE

I might be wrong (it happens a lot), but I *think* its the sticker on the inside of the A pillar when you open the drivers door

YMMV HTH
BAUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAUTE
I might be wrong (it happens a lot), but I *think* its the sticker on the inside of the A pillar when you open the drivers door

YMMV HTH
correct its just a plastic sticker there . nothing in the engine bay these days.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 12:11 PM   #4
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I know on BA's it is the 2 stickers on the right hand guard but I am not sure about FPV (don't own one, wish I did though)
Old 13-09-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
howey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
correct its just a plastic sticker there . nothing in the engine bay these days.
I think the vin is still stamped in the engine bay, on the left, just inside where the guard bolts up. Use the stamp to cross check the numbers on the above mentioned sticker
howey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Early build BA's had their compliance stickers in the engine bay, later ones had them on the drivers side a pillar, FPV's the same
Old 14-09-2005, 02:48 PM   #7
General Lee

Early on in the days of BA1 the stickers were placed on the inner RHS guard in the engine bay. However, with issues like brake bleeding during production etc and chemical contamination the stickers proved unreliable. The issue of crash damage also came up.

If I remember my dates correctly from May 2004 build the BA series moved the compliance stickers to the driver side A pillar inside the door.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post