Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
rodderz

Default New Calder Park Raceway Guildelines

Found these new guidelines which have come into effect at Calder park, for safety reasons. Apparently there will be some leeway over the next few weeks to changing over to the new rules and drivers/owners will be warned about things that need attention when they next race

Calder Park Legal Off Street and Open Drag Racing
Safety Requirements

Calder Park Racing Promotions Pty Ltd have recently updated the scruiteneering regulations.
These rules and regulations have been put in place to make Calder Park as safe and pleasant as possible for all competitors and officials. At all times whilst on the premises please abide by the rules and regulations. Keep safe and enjoy your racing.

All vehicles and motorcycles must meet the Calder Park scruiteneering standards.
In the event of any disagreement on whether your vehicle meets the standards the final decision will rest with the Chief Scruiteneer who will decide if your vehicle is safe to race. Remember at all times we are only looking after your safety.

General Rules and Regulations:
All vehicles require the following items:

• Radiator overflow bottles
• Accelerator return springs
• Batteries must be securely clamped
• Appropriate braking systems
• Appropriate steering systems
• Plugged holes in firewall
• Plugged rear parcel shelves, rear firewalls for any vehicles usingN2O
• All vehicles using Nitrous Oxide must display on the outside of the vehicle in the area where the bottle is located the approved marker. In addition the approved sticker is to be placed on the outside of the windscreen in the top left hand corner
• The approved yellow sticker with N20 printed in black
• No loose items inside the driver/passenger compartments. All other items must be secured inside the vehicles boot/trunk

All competitors must follow all speed signs and officials directions at all times. Speed/Burnouts are to be kept to their appropriate areas at all times. If you fail to obey the rules you will be asked to leave the premises.

Licence: A driver’s licence is required. Learner’s permits will not be accepted under any circumstances.

Drivers Seat: It is mandatory that all seats are firmly attached to the vehicle.

Seat Belts/ Harnesses:
Vehicles running 11.99 or slower require a minimum quick release 3 point lap sash complying with the current Australian Standard.

Vehicles running 11.98 sec or 110 mph or quicker require a minimum quick release 4 point harness complying with the current Australian Standard.

Any vehicle running between 130mph or quicker requires a 5 point harness incorporating a crutch strap.

Safety Helmets: All racers must wear Safety Helmets when entering, racing and leaving the race track. Please wait until you have stopped your vehicle before removing your helmet. Safety Helmets must comply with Australian Standard. Safety helmets are available for hire from the Calder Park administration office for those who do not possess one.

Roll Cage: All vehicles running 11.00 sec (1/4 mile) or slower are not required to have a roll cage fitted but may be fitted if you wish to do so.

All vehicles running between 10.99 sec & 10.00 sec and under 140mph (1/4 mile) must be fitted with a roll cage.

A roll cage must have a single roll over hoop covering the full width of the driver’s compartment with 2 bolted back stays and a bolted intrusion bar. Utilities may use a 4 point roll cage with intrusion bars/diagonals on both sides and single diagonals in main roof hoop.

All other vehicles running faster that 9.99 or 140 mph are required to be fitted with a full 6 point roll cage. Vehicles, where the body may be separated from the chassis/roll cage in an accident, mesh or net, are required to be fitted with a roll cage over the driver’s head in order to retain the driver’s limbs within the cage area in the event of a roll over.

Parachute: All vehicles reaching 140 mph must be fitted with single chute.

Open c ockpits: Convertibles, roadsters and any other open c ockpit vehicle running between 11.00 sec to 12.99 sec are required to be fitted with a single rollover hoop covering the full width of the driver’s compartment.

Tailshaft Loop: All vehicles running 11.99 sec or quicker are required to be fitted with a tailshaft loop,

Wheels and Studs: Hub caps and clip on wheel rims must be removed before competing at Calder Park Racing Promotions. Scruiteneers will check for loose wheel nuts and cracked or damaged wheels.

All vehicles are required to be fitted with the minimum of wheel studs as original manufactures specifications.

All vehicles are required to have wheel nuts on all wheel studs.

Vehicles running quicker than 10.98 sec are required to be fitted with open ended wheel nuts. Factory alloy wheels may use original nuts and studs.

Tyres: Tyres of the same construction are required front and rear, vehicles using rear slick tyres are required to be fitted with front conventional non radial tyres.

Protective clothing: All drivers and riders are required to wear full covering. I.e. long sleeves, long pants, socks and closed toe shoes. Motor cycle riders running 10.50 sec are required to wear full leathers or similar or greater durability. Leather boots must be worn.
Race suits are required for drivers of vehicles that have manufactured firewalls, front floors and non factory design windscreens.

rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Seat Belts/ Harnesses:
Vehicles running 11.98 sec or 110 mph or quicker require a minimum quick release 4 point harness complying with the current Australian Standard.
: How much effort is it to mount a 4 point harness on a regular everyday seat?

Bugger, I was planning on going out to calder soon.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
BJ
Banned

These rules and regulations have been put in place to make Calder Park as safe and pleasant as possible for all competitors and officials.

How about thay spend some of the money that they keep taking week after week and put it back in to the track and facilitys, now that would be a change wouldn't it.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Aye

I agree with safety rules, there are some Knobs out there, but for gods sake fix that return lane and get some staff that actually smile.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #5
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli

bloody easy Dan, easiest way is to mount shoulder straps to centre rear passenger belt mount point on parcel shelf.
than bolt side points to rear seat mounting bolts which go through the floor.

i know its not the best way but i have seen it done like that on andra tech passed cars.

i mounted mine through floor and 3mm 75x 75 plates under car to strengthen.

about time they got in line with andra safety regs, i get sick of seeing 10sec cars on fullboost.com with stuff all safety gear on car.
Atomic performance engine, powerglide, coan converter, gtx55 turbo, 2000hp plazmaman water to air, 100mm throttle body, twin 50mm gates, side exit exhausts, 18 x 2200cc injectors, ems 8860 and race dash.......
7.83 @ 177 MPH

1100+ rwhp @ 40psi

the first 7 second sohc ! eat it

1993 eb falcon 15.4 @ 90mph (tow car)
eb six on boost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #6
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats a Radiator overflow bottle?
Do standard cars have em?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #7
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

hose that runs off coolant expansion tank just under pressure cap, run that to overflow tank. must be 600ml capacity.
simple soft drink bottle is ok, held tight
Atomic performance engine, powerglide, coan converter, gtx55 turbo, 2000hp plazmaman water to air, 100mm throttle body, twin 50mm gates, side exit exhausts, 18 x 2200cc injectors, ems 8860 and race dash.......
7.83 @ 177 MPH

1100+ rwhp @ 40psi

Old 10-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #8
302donk

yes its about time they did something someone was going to get killed or injured soon and maybe the rumours are true that andra meetings are coming back. because Adelaide raceway are starting back up with andra racing in october. lets keep our fingers crossed
302donk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #9
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:

Fairly simple. Mount one V shaped belt which goes from the shoulders - across the back seat into the baby restraint or into the back seat bold down point.

The others come up seperately from the rear of the drivers seat bolt down points. They all meet at around your chest.

Something like that anyway.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:13 PM   #10
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

looks like group one is returning to melb and s.a. think i read it on andra web site
7.83 @ 177 MPH

1100+ rwhp @ 40psi

Old 10-08-2005, 11:14 PM   #11
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like I've have to fit a harness also. I can't run to the baby seat bolt. I aint got one or the mount. Well I do but I aint drilling out my custom shelf.

I've already got crossply front runners in the works. I've ran without them for many years now but hey I'll follow whatever they want unless it's going to cost me silly money on a street car.

Anyone got website or something on harness's? I'll need some idea on how to run the 4pt harness and the factory seat belt. As I'll need the factory seatbelt for the drive home.

Tuned by Hallam Performance

Last edited by brenx; 11-08-2005 at 01:23 AM.
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:18 AM   #12
XRQTOR
Banned

Jeez thats pretty stiff for street meets, even Wizard arn't that tight.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 08:58 AM   #13
Chris
AFF.com.au

ooooooooh, better pull the harness out of the XD
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #14
rodderz

There are a fair few cars running 110mph these days, there will be a lot of harnesses being sold!
Old 11-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #15
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
There are a fair few cars running 110mph these days, there will be a lot of harnesses being sold!
I bet they will. Maybe we should do a group FF.au group buy??

Old 11-08-2005, 06:26 PM   #16
rodderz

Maybe we can get Revolution racegear as a site sponsor!
Old 11-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #17
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got front runners and a 4pt harness on my shopping list so far before I can race again. I've also got a custom histall on order via TCE. I might pay someone to fit it. I really can't be stuffed climbing under the car. Depends on how I feel once I have it in my hot little hands

Old 11-08-2005, 07:05 PM   #18
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

oh well....time to start fitting harnesses etc.....what fun!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #19
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

Does this mean i have to buy a harness as well, where can i get my self one of those yellow NOS stickers.
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 07:17 PM   #20
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOKEB
Does this mean i have to buy a harness as well, where can i get my self one of those yellow NOS stickers.
Yup 1 3pt harness for you unless you run faster than 11.99. Then it's 4pt.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:20 PM   #21
STOKEB

If it has to be done ill do it, ill have to pay vpw a visit and see what these harnes are worth and where do i get my yellow sticker from. THE NOS one
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
Old 11-08-2005, 07:22 PM   #22
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sure VPW would have the stickers? Or the maybe out of stock as per usual

Old 11-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #23
STOKEB

I no these rules are placed for safety and i`m willing to follow but they need to fix the track, espically the exit run, i hate that exit its full of rocks, dirt and pot holes. Ill be getting my self a harness 2morrow ill just get my self a 4pt harness just incase i decide to spend more money on the engine. The standard braking, stering system i guess is fine 2 use, bluged shelf does that mean if you have any holes example port hole or speakers missing you gotta block them up. I just wanna make sure my car meets there standards b4 i take it back down there.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #24
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOKEB
I no these rules are placed for safety and i`m willing to follow but they need to fix the track, espically the exit run, i hate that exit its full of rocks, dirt and pot holes. Ill be getting my self a harness 2morrow ill just get my self a 4pt harness just incase i decide to spend more money on the engine. The standard braking, stering system i guess is fine 2 use, bluged shelf does that mean if you have any holes example port hole or speakers missing you gotta block them up. I just wanna make sure my car meets there standards b4 i take it back down there.
Only if you have a gas tank or n2o.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:38 PM   #25
STOKEB

yeah i have N2O, my port hole is already pluged just need the stiker and harness thats all.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #26
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it just me or is a 3 point harness just your everyday seatbelt? Sounds like it to me.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:49 PM   #27
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

If anyone is interested in a group buy of harnesses....PM ME.....i work at repco...lol.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:51 PM   #28
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Is it just me or is a 3 point harness just your everyday seatbelt? Sounds like it to me.
It's just you. j/k. Stock seatbelt is 3 point yes ;)

EASPRINT : You have a PM.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #29
STOKEB

the 3 point is a normal seat belt lol, i wanna get my self a 4 point harness just to look good hehe :p which repco you work at ill come past there.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #30
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Jeez thats pretty stiff for street meets, even Wizard arn't that tight.
they are the same at wsid buddy.
there is some leeway with regs like overflow bottles.
if ya rock up in a stock road car they wont say boo.
more for 10.99 or faster.
7.83 @ 177 MPH

1100+ rwhp @ 40psi