Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-02-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
EX Ford DP
Starter Motor

Default ranger transmission

Always wondered about forums, is anything ever achieved or is it just a group of people circulating their problems with no real outcome because nobody who cares or has the authority to do anything really does any thing . Will anyone of any importance read this that can solve my situation. Probably not. !!
Old 22-02-2019, 09:02 PM   #2
minheim

Default Re: ranger transmission

There's lots of information and a helpful attitude within the forum. In the past I have obtained some useful tips and even solutions to issues. I've also shared what info I can but I am in no way as knowledgeable as some of the other members and many of them go the extra mile to share and help.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2019, 09:03 PM   #3
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Only a guess, but would probably help knowing what the issue is, or logging into the ranger threads and asking there....just saying
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2019, 07:02 AM   #4
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EX Ford DP View Post
Always wondered about forums, is anything ever achieved or is it just a group of people circulating their problems with no real outcome because nobody who cares or has the authority to do anything really does any thing . Will anyone of any importance read this that can solve my situation. Probably not. !!
Way to get help,

1/ don’t tell us what the problem
2/ basically call us a bunch of tossers

I suspect your nothing more than a troll who’s an EX DP because you failed and now your just a bitter **** wreck

Post edit:

Quote OP from another thread

Quote:
“Default Ranger auto trans
I am having an intermittent problem with my ranger auto trans ,it has been in and out of the dealership for over 2 months now and the dealer has only been able to get the problem to occur once . I started videoing starting the car every time I got in it to start it had the problem occured on two occasions .
After the car is left standing for a few days there is no reverse or forward gear selection for a substantial time then the vehicle bangs into gear. If the problem doesn't occur the vehicle has to be left sitting for another few days.
At first I was told this is normal but when the dealer last had it and the problem occurred even they agreed it was way to excessive .
I have since found out that a number of rangers at the 80k to 100k range are having this issue . Ford has asked the dealer to perform another test which means the vehicle will have to stay at the dealership until it occurs again if it does. Why do ford have well trained mechanics at the dealership if they wont take those mechanics diagnosis . So far this time the dealer has had the vehicle for 3 weeks.
Being an EX ford DP I understand the dealerships problem but cannot understand Ford not taking the dealership diagnosis as truth.”
!

As an ex ford DP you now get to experience the frustrations the general punter has with the for circus departments at dealers and the circle jerk that is Fords support to the dealers

I used to buy ford fleets exclusively, after I got messed around with my Fairmont ghia and my territory Ghia to the point my kids joked I drove a Power Ford sign written focus and only had a territory when the focus was in for service

I went elsewhere the focuses in my fleet became Mazda 3’s the Rangers just changed to BT50’s

Mazda looks after us like drunk aunts

For me now fords are weekend toy cars and my grocery getters are ANYTHING but

Perhaps if you had addressed dealer issues when you were a DP you wouldn’t be getting the circle jerk now

So why not back off those who are just enthusiasts and who supported the brand you used to work for rather than treat us with the same disrespect you did when you were DP?

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)

Last edited by The Yeti; 23-02-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Old 23-02-2019, 07:58 AM   #5
EX Ford DP
Starter Motor

Well , The Yeti , after 25 years as a successful For Dealer and owner of many fords of which I still have 5 ,the whole landscape of the dealer network has changed . The dealer used to have full control over his warranty situation and his diagnosis and recommendations were taken as Gospel . Since Fords purchase dealer program was adopted in 1998 " which is when I sold my Dealership to ford' they have full control over any warranty issues bought up by the dealer. If those specific protocols are not followed the dealer is unable to perform the work. As for the rest of your abuse well!! Like I said I am trying to gather a group of people to solve a situation with Ford "doesn't look like your one of them.
Old 23-02-2019, 09:45 AM   #6
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Being an EX DP, you clearly know how the system works. Yet coming onto a free forum and expecting someone to fix your problem instantly, which hasn't happened,(we don't all read every post in every thread) and now you're insulting people, champion effort.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
3 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2019, 10:02 AM   #7
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well , The Yeti , after 25 years as a successful For Dealer and owner of many fords of which I still have 5 ,the whole landscape of the dealer network has changed . The dealer used to have full control over his warranty situation and his diagnosis and recommendations were taken as Gospel . Since Fords purchase dealer program was adopted in 1998 " which is when I sold my Dealership to ford' they have full control over any warranty issues bought up by the dealer. If those specific protocols are not followed the dealer is unable to perform the work. As for the rest of your abuse well!! Like I said I am trying to gather a group of people to solve a situation with Ford "doesn't look like your one of them.
No I’m not, my first fisting by a ford DP was when Goff Polities was DP at City Ford,

I purchased his NC Fairlane drive car as my first late model ford after I’d finished my apprenticeship

The thing was a POS with issues in HVAC and suspension

I’ll tell you what mr polities told me,

Put your hand in your pocket if you want it fixed son I’m not helping you.

It was a time when dealers had full control and my car was still under NCW, you know when you said it was done right

Looks like your getting a taste of your own medicine and your not linking it,

Got to love the karma go round

Old 23-02-2019, 10:04 AM   #8
EX Ford DP
Starter Motor

I've always found if you cant help a situation don't get involved . Like I said I am looking for owners who have a similar problem to mine . REF to EX ford DP thread . I do appreciate this could take time but I know that the only way to solve these issues are with a strong community voice. Posting either abuse or nonsensical threads are of no use , so unless you have a similar issue to mine , I thank you for your opinion but its of no help . I am sure there are members that can assist and I would love to hear from them . I do not require technical data as that has already been diagnosed . I believe this is a wide range problem with the Ranger gearbox that will become more prevalent as the vehicles do more Ks . and this issue is already a rising problem for Ford but they are keeping it low key .
Old 23-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #9
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've always found if you cant help a situation don't get involved . Like I said I am looking for owners who have a similar problem to mine . REF to EX ford DP thread . I do appreciate this could take time but I know that the only way to solve these issues are with a strong community voice. Posting either abuse or nonsensical threads are of no use , so unless you have a similar issue to mine , I thank you for your opinion but its of no help . I am sure there are members that can assist and I would love to hear from them . I do not require technical data as that has already been diagnosed . I believe this is a wide range problem with the Ranger gearbox that will become more prevalent as the vehicles do more Ks . and this issue is already a rising problem for Ford but they are keeping it low key .
Have they said, they have never seen this issue before?
Have they said, it must be due to miss treatment?

Mate I’m absolutely loving this, and I think I’m not alone, most people here will have a story of being messed around by a dealer, your just experiencing the other side, have a coffee and calm down your in for a long un eventful ride

You’d be better off staring a Facebook page than hanging crap on people here and hoping they back you.

We’re not your award wage service department, you don’t get results by pushing us around

This user likes this post:
Old 23-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #10
EX Ford DP
Starter Motor

Reply to Yeti . The easy way out of this is for me to trade the vehicle and leave this problem to someone else . I do have the resources to do that but I believe that if an issue that can effect a lot of faithful Ford ranger purchasers many of whom are grey nomads then it should be addressed and not run away from . Karma has treated me well and taught me that if you pass on a problem to someone else it will come back to bite you . I will solve the issue with the Ranger and when it reaches the stage that I will upgrade to a new one I will pass this one on to its new owner knowing that it has no hidden issues and maybe along the way I can help some other people along the way with theirs .
Old 23-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #11
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Reply to Yeti . The easy way out of this is for me to trade the vehicle and leave this problem to someone else . I do have the resources to do that but I believe that if an issue that can effect a lot of faithful Ford ranger purchasers many of whom are grey nomads then it should be addressed and not run away from . Karma has treated me well and taught me that if you pass on a problem to someone else it will come back to bite you . I will solve the issue with the Ranger and when it reaches the stage that I will upgrade to a new one I will pass this one on to its new owner knowing that it has no hidden issues and maybe along the way I can help some other people along the way with theirs .
Yes but many others don't have the "resources" to do that. Many people only have one car and or can't afford time off to constantly take the car to the dealer. So many people, many who can't afford to, take the hit and sell the car on at considerable loss and then move on to another brand. Other brands who look after their customers, other brands who will actually help and of course that being the case those people won't come back. Ford wonder why their market share has dropped over the years this is a very major reason. Want some instances? How about Focus transmissions. How about FG Falcon transmission milkshakes?
Old 23-02-2019, 10:51 AM   #12
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Enough of the personnel sniping. The main thread is in the Ranger section.

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11477141

Closed.
Closed Thread