Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #1
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Tickford Turbo Fairlanes????

In the 9 years that i've been on AFF and the 12 years that i've been working with AU Falcons, i've never, ever, once heard this following tale:

Quote:
It has been standard practice for both ford and holden to supply high HP prototype engines in cars to police departments around Australia for over 50 years, Eg 200 AU fairlanes supplied to the AFP and the federal government with 4L turbo tickford, no other 4L tickfords were ever made, but the BF falcon came out with the XR6 turbo, this how holden and ford do on road testing. The AU fairlanes were marked "police interceptor" on the rear 1/4 window, most of the turbos were removed for sale to the public
Been working for FPV for 16 years
Taken from here

What do you guys think? Anyone ever seen any shred of evidence to support this possibly tall tale? I've not even heard of it as folklore let alone heard of someone claiming to have an example. I've certainly heard and seen substatiated the '5-speed 5.4L BA XT's for the AFP' story, but I've never even heard this one before. What do you think?
Nugget of gold or nugget of poo?
Old 25-06-2015, 09:40 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Tickford Turbo Fairlanes????

Complete rubbish.

But all AU Fairlanes did get the Tickford 6, but it was never a turbo.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: