Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-02-2015, 01:30 AM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Ford to Offer Free Loan Car with Every Scheduled Service

In an Australian-first initiative, Ford to begin offering free loan cars with every scheduled service to continue the rapid customer satisfaction improvements

Ford’s free loan car program to expand comprehensive after-sales package, including the recently expanded capped price service program for the life of the vehicle, as the company continues to transform dealerships

Dealer transformation efforts are leading to rapid improvements. According to the latest internal customer satisfaction metrics, Ford’s sales satisfaction has increased 8% year- on-year and 12% year-on-year for service satisfaction

Melbourne, 12 Feb., 2015 – In an Australian-first initiative, Ford will offer its customers free loan cars* with every scheduled service beginning this month, as the company continues to make major investments to transform its dealership experience and make it easier for customers to buy and service vehicles.

Ford already offers one of the most comprehensive after-sales packages in the industry, which includes capped price servicing that recently was expanded to the life of vehicles. The offerings also include free auto club** membership including roadside assistance for up to 7 years. The addition of the free loan car offered to customers who’ve brought their Ford in for scheduled service goes further to ensure Ford owners are never without a vehicle.

“As we roll out even more stylish, innovative vehicles, we are investing heavily to transform our customer experience so people who fall in love with our vehicles stay in love with them for many years,” said Graeme Whickman, vice president of Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Australia.

The loan car program will form an integral part of the Ford Ownership experience. More than 80 per cent of dealers, including all in Melbourne and Sydney, already have enrolled in the program. Under the program, customers will be able to book a loan car when they book their vehicle in for a service, subject to availability. Many dealers already offer a shuttle service, pick up and drop off, for customers.

The foundation of Ford’s rapidly improving customer experience are “dealerships of the future”, including Peter Warren Ford and Thomson Ford in Sydney and Chadstone and Binks Ford Melbourne, which are transforming how Australians experience a dealership from the very moment they walk into a showroom.

More than 20 dealerships across Melbourne and Sydney have already undergone the transformation as the company plans to launch an unprecedented wave of new vehicles in 2015 and beyond. By the end of the year it is expected that 80 dealerships will have completed the transformation.

Comprehensive service
Building on customer-focused features, Ford will begin to roll out:
On-line service scheduling (ability to book an appointment on-line, whenever it suits the customer).

Automated reminders via email or SMS to let the customer know when their appointment is coming up and keep them informed of the status of their vehicle on the day of repair.

An interactive service reception where the customer is greeted by a Service Advisor equipped with an iPad, and together they review the work to be carried out, the condition of the vehicle, and capture any other concerns or work the customer would like carried out. The advisor can use the iPad to log any customer requirements or concerns, take photos or record noises, and then the customer signs the iPad to authorise the work. The iPad then generates an email which goes straight to the customer and includes the signed estimate and any photos of the vehicle.

A vehicle report card, provided free with each service, keeps the customer up to date with the condition of key maintenance items like brakes, tyres and the vehicle’s battery, and provides transparency on cost and required repairs.

The company’s Ford Capped Price Servicing program^ is one of the industry’s leading programs and has only improved in 2015 with the program expanded to cover the life of the vehicle. A Capped Price Brake program has already been introduced which provides a maximum rate for brake pad replacement.

Ford customers also can take advantage of Ford’s Auto Club Program at participating dealers. Ford has partnered with each State’s auto club, the RACV, RACT, RACQ, AANT, RAA, NRMA and RAC, to provide this service. As part of the Auto Club Program, customers receiving an eligible Capped Price Service will receive 12-months’ free State Auto Club Membership in their State. The Auto Club Program is for any retail or Blue Business Fleet customer with any capped price service up to 7 years/105,000 km’s.[

These efforts are being reflected in customer satisfaction results. According to the latest internal customer satisfaction metrics Ford’s sales satisfaction has increased 8% year-on-year and 12% year-on-year for service satisfaction.

Available at participating dealers on scheduled services or overnight warranty repairs. Private and Blue, Silver and Gold Business Fleet customers only. Advanced booking may be required to ensure availability. Fuel costs, tolls, fines and late return fees may be payable by the Customer. Excess may be payable in the event of damage. See ford.com.au/myfordCPS for full terms

**Private and Blue Business Fleet customers only. State Auto Club Roadside Assistance & Membership is provided at no cost with the first seven Capped Price Services for 12 months or until your next eligible Capped Price Service (whichever occurs first). Capped Price Servicing available for all A and B logbook services at participating dealers on vehicles built from 2007. Customers must comply with scheduled servicing intervals to maintain continuity of membership.See www.ford.com.au/myfordcps for full terms.

^Available at participating Ford Dealers on vehicles built from 2007. Customers will pay equal to or less than the maximum price as published by Ford and as amended from time to time for standard items in the A and B logbook services. See www.ford.com.au/myfordcps for full terms.

Last edited by russellw; 25-03-2015 at 02:27 AM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-02-2015, 01:33 AM   #2
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford to Offer Free Loan Car with Every Scheduled Service

And the transformation begins..........

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 13-02-2015, 02:26 AM   #3
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great to see. It's things like this that'll make me keep going back to Ford for servicing. My car's been serviced at Ford for as long as I've owned it.

Even when loan cars weren't free, I think it's a great way to test drive a whole range of new Ford vehicles to see what they're like. I've driven the Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Kuga, Falcon and Territory when my car had been in for a service. Now that it's free, maybe more people will do it.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. When all this happens they could get the local dealer to stop charging an extra % on credit card purchases. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dealers will have to have a few cars available when will other Capital cities be available? Ford paying for the cars ??
Old 13-02-2015, 09:36 AM   #6
DK30RB

I just has my 3000km service on the XR8 at one of the dealers mentioned.... It was anything but impressive!!!

Waited over an hour just for them do the paperwork and sort out my enquiry from drop off. (I arrived at the arranged time - after they extended it twice). Person who served me also has absolutely no idea about the product they service either. I get more information from here, that I do from the service department!!
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #7
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

This is a really good idea from Ford but like most of ideas from Head Office, the dealers have to follow through on it. Whenever I have been back for warranty work on the car I always insist on a loan car but there is usually a 2-3 week wait so the logistics of this will be a nightmare.
Now is a great opportunity for Ford to really step up their game but they need to start really clamping down on the Dealerships to follow the new image through.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #8
penske61

I was picking up the Ranger from its 15,000km service yesterday and was talking to my local dealer about this.
My dealer has 40 vehicles available and is really committed to making it work.
P.S Great service, on time and no hidden extras, I guess like everything some dealerships are better than others.
penske61 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #9
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently its for a six month trial ?? http://www.pressreader.com/australia...30430/TextView
Old 01-03-2015, 05:08 PM   #10
Tokyo Geoff
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when I picked up my FGX they said the first service only takes about three hours so I can wait for it (he said this smiling!) As if I'm going to wait for it. Seemed like they are already trying to find ways out of it, Not very impressed.

1974 XB Sedan, 1974 XB Hardtop, 1991 EA Ghia (New to 430,000km), 2004 BA Fairmont, 2009 FG XR8, 2014 FGX G6ET, 2016 FGX Sprint XR6 and now...
Tokyo Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #11
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Not sure where they will source all the cars required for this
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #12
Mowdit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by penske61 View Post
I was picking up the Ranger from its 15,000km service yesterday and was talking to my local dealer about this.
My dealer has 40 vehicles available and is really committed to making it work.
P.S Great service, on time and no hidden extras, I guess like everything some dealerships are better than others.
May be good for some of us, but I had our XR5 serviced last week, all arranged via email and I even mentioned that we would like to drive a focus as the loan car for the day, at drop off "no loan car" PEEVED to say the least
Not all dealers are getting a good satisfaction report, those that are will only be because the customer is being polite (even though I want to scream)
Old 01-03-2015, 05:26 PM   #13
cram_it_frog
wombat

one thing I like about our local dealer in Broken Hill is you get one of the staff will take you home or work and when the job is done they come and pick you up

but every thing is a max of 15 minute drive in Broken Hill so it is easy for them not sure how they go in a bigger city

my car is 2004 and not covered by this new program

one thing is it might bring up some nice 2nd had cars for sale later

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2015, 05:29 PM   #14
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK30RB View Post
I just has my 3000km service on the XR8 at one of the dealers mentioned.... It was anything but impressive!!!

Waited over an hour just for them do the paperwork and sort out my enquiry from drop off. (I arrived at the arranged time - after they extended it twice). Person who served me also has absolutely no idea about the product they service either. I get more information from here, that I do from the service department!!

Well I'll take my new FGX XR8 back to the dealer for its first service then its off to my old school mates workshop across the road after that. Not that my dealer is that bad but I trust my mate better (loan car or no loan car).
pwr4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #15
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Awesome. Now I won't have to walk to work anymore.

My local dealer has given me a loan car heaps of times already. I booked my car in for next week so they can sort my dash out and getting a loan car was no issue. In the past if I needed a loan car I had to book at least a few weeks in advance but this time no worries.
Old 20-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #16
MickSV
Starter Motor

Just watched the ad on TV " Drive in for any scheduled service drive out with a free loan car "

Took my Territory in for a 45k service

Six week wait for a loan car at Penrith

What a bull**** campaign
MickSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2015, 09:43 PM   #17
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I recently had the Territory in for the separator plate to be replaced in the transmission and had the 15000km service done at the same time.

I had to wait 2 weeks for a slot for them to do the work and a loan car was arranged. Only thing that happened was the service rep asked me to come in on the Wednesday rather than the Tuesday (as per the booking) because they could let me keep the loan car overnight on the Wednesday. They said the warranty work could take more than 1 day.

As it turned out I got the car back the same day.

This was with Sinclair Ford.
Old 20-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #18
MickSV
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
I recently had the Territory in for the separator plate to be replaced in the transmission and had the 15000km service done at the same time.

I had to wait 2 weeks for a slot for them to do the work and a loan car was arranged. Only thing that happened was the service rep asked me to come in on the Wednesday rather than the Tuesday (as per the booking) because they could let me keep the loan car overnight on the Wednesday. They said the warranty work could take more than 1 day.

As it turned out I got the car back the same day.

This was with Sinclair Ford.
That doesn't sound too bad, I don't really have any beef with the dealer, I do have a problem with that TV ad and Ford Aust. Its a total crock if the dealers can't deliver
MickSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2015, 09:55 PM   #19
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I had the same. I booked the Ranger in for a service 1 week in advance but couldn't get a loan car as there is a 3 week waiting list for it.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #20
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
Not sure where they will source all the cars required for this
Used car off the lot. Thats how Toyota does it
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #21
fps_grandma

I was offered a loan car when I got my complimentary 3000km inspection at the dealer.

It was a manual Mk3 Focus Trend.
Apparently it was a demo as it had just done over 9000 kms but the interior felt and smelled like it's done more than 20 times that and their coolant levels were below minimum.

I don't think I'll take up the offer again and I couldn't wait to get back into my own machine afterwards.
Old 20-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #22
paulb351

I've had both cars serviced, week to book in and loan car no problem. GT had a problem requiring a three day stay and loan car was all sorted. Ecosport with loan car labels for one day and a focus titanium diesel unlabelled for the other two service visits. I'm happy Q Ford in Brisbane for me
paulb351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #23
paulb351

Quote:
Originally Posted by fps_grandma View Post
I was offered a loan car when I got my complimentary 3000km inspection at the dealer.

It was a manual Mk3 Focus Trend.

Apparently it was a demo as it had just done over 9000 kms but the interior felt and smelled like it's done more than 20 times that and their coolant levels were below minimum.

I don't think I'll take up the offer again and I couldn't wait to get back into my own machine afterwards.

All my loaners were clean and tidy. One had only 237km on it, the other had 5k ...
paulb351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2015, 10:36 PM   #24
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickSV View Post
That doesn't sound too bad, I don't really have any beef with the dealer, I do have a problem with that TV ad and Ford Aust. Its a total crock if the dealers can't deliver
I agree with what you've said here.

If Ford advertise it, they and the dealers need to make sure they have enough cars available to meet the demand otherwise people will be very p'd off and leave with a bad taste in their mouths.

Most times I get a courtesy car from Sinclair Ford; on the odd times there isn't one I just use their shuttle and it drops me home then picks me up to collect the car. The guys that drive the shuttle have always been great to talk to!
Old 20-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #25
staity

Renault have a similar campaign and i took advantage of it for the first service on my Megane. Only thing they said was to book in advance to ensure the loan car was available. I booked six weeks out and got a brand new (900kms) Captur to drive around in for the day. Nice car to look at but power wise it was downright scary. So far underpowered it couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding. But if you give enough lead time its the best way to ensure you get the loaner.

2013 Ford Kuga Titanium Gunmetal Grey
staity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 08:50 AM   #26
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I had my car BA first serviced by Ford they offered me a loan car. They gave me an 97 Au Fairmont with 250000ks on the clock. It drove ok, nothing special.

But one thing they made a point of was if I had an accident the excess was $3000. Lucky for me I was only driving it to and from home.

Do they still have this for the loan cars?
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #27
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Had my Focus in for its 30,000km service on Monday. Asked if I could have a loan car. No probs was the answer. Got there to find out it was an EL Dual-fuel Falcon with something like 280,000kms on the clock.

Oh well, at least it got me back to Sale from Maffra allowing me to zoom around town in the Territory until I picked the Focus up again.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 10:58 AM   #28
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

I had a Ford Ecosport as my loan car when I had the ST serviced, the car was clean and fine for my short drive to and from work. Much better than getting a colleague or family member to pick you up and drop you off. As for the Ecosport, the 1.5 auto is absolutely gutless, but for free, who cares. Plus I was told I didn't even have to put any fuel in as my round trip was under 20km. I think it is a good initiative by Ford, one that will help to slowly turn around the current anti-Ford sentiments that most of the public hold.
Old 21-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #29
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Had my Focus in for its 30,000km service on Monday. Asked if I could have a loan car. No probs was the answer. Got there to find out it was an EL Dual-fuel Falcon with something like 280,000kms on the clock.

Oh well, at least it got me back to Sale from Maffra allowing me to zoom around town in the Territory until I picked the Focus up again.

Craig H
I wouldn't have accepted this. This is not the idea, dealers shouldnt be handing cars like this out.

Ive had my cars in 3 times in the last few months, first time I got a brand new Territory Titanium AWD with 300 kms on it, Second time i got a brand new FGII XR6 with 50 kms on it and today I got a new Kuga with 2200 kms. No complaints here but my dealer has put on alot of loan cars, probably 70+ between their 6 sites.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 01:04 PM   #30
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

It seems that No matter what Ford do there are always some that will complain 'it's not good enough'.

It's a 'loan' car, they are only providing you with transport until yours is ready.
In doing so they save you the hassle of Taxis, public transport or calling on someone to interrupt their day just to take your car in and pick it up again.

Some crash repair shops also have loan cars. Would the whingers also complain that the car they lent you is not up to the standard you feel you deserve?