Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Funniest things in a car yard.

Following from car salemen thread.

Many years ago had a 4 cyl flat nose Transit van, it had done equivilent to 3 Aussie round trips and showing it. It was interstate when som $$ became available and wanted a ^cyl model.
Into Stillwell Ford arranged a price including tradein unseen. Week later we roll into their front yard area, go and see sales guys and manager (lookin all puffed up) says let me drive it around the back. He hops in turns on ignition and motor disintigrated literally. It was like someone had loosened sump, covers etc

Old 02-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
290v
290v

Default Re: Funniest things in a car yard.

Many years ago i seen an EL Fairmont advertised at Stillwell Ford /Hyundia on Bridge Rd and written on the window it said 4.0Lt V6 engine
Old 02-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A number of years ago at a small car yard in Melbourne I was looking around at a few cars then wandered down the back where they keep the cheap trade in's and I saw a rusty old delapidated beige column auto XF wagon with vomit all over the back seat, Cigarette butts on the floor both front and back, The tailgate had a dent the size of a full grown watermelon in it and the salesman see's me looking at it and laughing and says "Quite your sniggering, It's a nice wagon and will be a stunner once it's cleaned up".
No amount of cleaning could have turned it into anything even remotely classified as a stunner.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw a bunch of new models in the forecourt, I think they were Kia’s, and the signs written on the windscreens were meant to say “blah blah ‘now here’” but it was squashed up and so read as “nowhere.”
Then there’s the old classic where they spell out some huge message across several cars, and then MOVE one of them.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290v View Post
Many years ago i seen an EL Fairmont advertised at Stillwell Ford /Hyundia on Bridge Rd and written on the window it said 4.0Lt V6 engine
BA in Sydney from last year....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Any Sydney siders remember the 4x4 place in Milperra roughly opposite the trotting club?

They had a bunch of military looking vehicles with mock up missles / rockets on them... local paper said that when they first opened the local cop shop got a flood of worried phone calls...

Wonder if I can find a piccy???

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The push button on the drivers door of my XY was broken so for awhile I used to carry a small screwdriver with me to open the door.
While visiting a bunch of caryards for a new daily, I was surprised at one salesman who practically sprinted out to see me and ask me some questions.
One of his first questions was what's the purpose of the screwdriver in my back pocket.
He thought I was about to walk through his yard and scratch up all his vehicles.

Funny how much nicer he was once I showed him the doorhandle of the car I drove up in.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290v View Post
Yeah I've seen that as well. Together with "BT1 pack" plastered on the windscreen of V8 models.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There were some threads in this forum with pics of car yards with "Fully S I C" banners across the windscreens of used SS Holden utes.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember years ago wandering around a car yard , i had a mate with me who was a panel beater, and i was also working in the motor trade back then , this salesman comes out spinning a yarn that could would have made a good jumper, he was trying flog an Lh torana to us, he was going on and on, telling us all these features that where obviously from a mercedes, we let him go on for a while and left for another yard, but we had a good old laugh about later, some of these blokes must think we are all born yesterday.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

Without doubt Gordon Farkas from the movie 'The big Steal' (1989)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzFmeNEiEPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb0Mgx277g0
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post