Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
Spurious

Default How often does Macca's screw up your order?

For this reason I havn't bought Mc'donalds in a long time. It seems almost every time I used to go, either in store or drive thru, some nonse would somehow manage to get a simple order wrong. No drink, wrong sized fries, wrong burger or simply something not put in the bag.

From NSW to WA, NT to Tasmania, they get my order wrong. Living in WA for 2 years I got to be on a first name basis with the 2 local store managers.
Got to the point where I wouldn't have to say anything, I'd just take my messed up order back to the counter & eyeball the manager....they knew what had happened.... "oh' not again" they'd say!

'Cause of my son I used to get macca's regularly but even as a 9 year old he started saying
"dad, are you sure you want macca's, you know what'll happen"!

So speak up people, how many of you regularly get macca's & what do they mess up???

Old 30-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How often does Macca's screw up your order?

I had Maccas for breakfast usually each Saturday and it would be a miracle if I got two Saturdays in a row without a mistake in the order. I order a sausage & egg Mcmuffin without cheese, I get cheese. I order a white coffee, get black. I ask for vegemite, I get jam or, nothing at all. The intellect of some of the staff never ceases to amaze me.
Needless to say I now go elsewhere.
Old 30-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a definite common occurrence at my local Micky D's, 4 times of of 5 something would be wrong. We got to the point of driving a little further to go to a different store but then we found the only time we were really having it was when we got home too late from a special event or if there was some form of huge rush before a special event, so closer was better.
Now everytime we go I will check the whole order and sit there until it's rectified
Old 30-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you mumble your order or something?lol

Only rarely do they stuff up mine but I have caught a few mistakes prior to the whole transaction being completed.
I normally use drive thru and always check the order on the screen before driving forward. I also ask for a reciept at the first window. These are the places I catch any mistakes. Usually if the order is right at the first window they rarely stuff up at the next window in my experience.

While were on the subject of annoying things about maccas though, I hate ordering a frozen coke and receiving a regular straw rather than one of those spoon straws. I also hate having a drink that has overflowed handed to me through the drive thru window. I also hate not getting a napkin in my bag. I'm consuming grease laden food type products in my car. Give me a napkin or three FFS! Lol

Last edited by XR6TCraig; 30-10-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 30-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
Spurious

Oh yeh...ALWAYS LOOK IN THE BAG!

Let me make you Ford fans cringe....
I got breaky one morning & with a bag full of hash browns on the passenger seat off I went. Noticed something sticky on my hands initially, thought better of it & stopped a couple clicks down the road & checked the bag.
The bottom of the bag was soaked in maple syrup!
I reckon I looked like a bright red ear steaming bull when I walked back in there.

I should have made them pay for upholstery cleaning, but could I be bovered!

Last edited by Spurious; 30-10-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 30-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TCraig View Post

Only rarely do they stuff up mine but I have caught a few mistakes prior to the whole transaction being completed.
I normally use drive thru and always check the order on the screen before driving forward. I also ask for a reciept at the first window. These are the places I catch any mistakes. Usually if the order is right at the first window they rarely stuff up at the next window in my experience.

While were on the subject of annoying things about maccas though, I hate ordering a frozen coke and receiving a regular straw rather than one of those spoon straws. I also hate having a drink that has overflowed handed to me through the drive thru window. I also hate not getting a napkin in my bag. I'm consuming grease laden food type products in my car. Give me a napkin or three FFS! Lol
Maybe I should mumble, they might get it right. LOL

Keep mentioning the word Mc'donalds. Might get in some search engine results, I could only hope.
Old 30-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
staity

Last 3 times they have messed up the order, and its not like its a busy store, most of the time there is lucky to be 3 people in the store/drive-thru at the same time. But as always I'm home before i check it and I'm too lazy/hungry to drive all the way back to rectify it.

2013 Ford Kuga Titanium Gunmetal Grey
Old 30-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I reckon maccas has stuffed up my order twice in 10 years, and they are usually pretty quick to rectify it. I don't eat it too regularly though as its total rubbish and I can eat better for free at work.
Then again I also only order one specific item and its really hard to stuff that up.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 31-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by staity View Post
Last 3 times they have messed up the order, and its not like its a busy store, most of the time there is lucky to be 3 people in the store/drive-thru at the same time. But as always I'm home before i check it and I'm too lazy/hungry to drive all the way back to rectify it.
Next time ring them up when you get home. You should be entitled to a freebie on your next visit. REMIND THEM
Old 31-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #10
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin' View Post
I reckon maccas has stuffed up my order twice in 10 years, and they are usually pretty quick to rectify it. I don't eat it too regularly though as its total rubbish and I can eat better for free at work.
Then again I also only order one specific item and its really hard to stuff that up.
Done & tried. I could order a simple large fries & I'll only get half a tub full!
That's another thing they short change me on.
Old 31-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
GULL
TuRbO

People just check your order before you leave simple
Old 31-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #12
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No matter how bad maccas are they are ten times more consistent then KFC lol.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

6 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #13
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TCraig View Post

Where is this bizarro McDonalds you speak of?

I'm one person who orders one meal but even that seems pretty overwhelming for them.

Large McChicken meal, extra chicken pattie with a slice of cheese and with thickshake instead of a drink. "Made fresh" (because they never actually do).

Almost every time I go they charge me for the cheese for some reason despite not actually put it in my burger. The last time I went at 2am hoping they'd be quiet enough to get it right. but they didn't think the extra pattie mattered either this time. I was the only customer there lol, the only order on their little sophisticated burger screen, which looked like this...

mchicken
-xtra chicken
-xtra cheese
L-fries
L-thickshake

But I somehow end up with

mchicken
L-fries
L-thickshake

I've lost that many bits of money to them they could reimburse me with the lsd they give their workers at the start of every shift and we still wouldn't be even.

And every time I ask for fresh it seems to take almost 10 minutes as well... which is ok but they always give me the shake first for some reason and by the time the meal is ready the shake isn't exactly fresh or thick anymore.

Their mission statement is obviously never to put out a fresh coherent meal.
Old 31-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #14
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't even realize you could custom make burgers at maccas? That would explain why drive throughs seemed to be getting held up longer and longer.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Old 31-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #15
MattSAU2XR8

Special ordering a a good way to get a fresh burger - i.e. ask for no pickles and be sure not to get a burger that's been sitting there for 15 mins.

I can relate to the half a punnet of fries - sort of defeats the purpose of buying a large fries if its half full. A mate of mine used to make a point of ditching all is wrappers in an adjacent street if this happened since he figured this would cause the residents to complain and punish the manager indirectly :-)

I've pretty much gone off the whole buying food prepared by children and endorsed by a clown thing now. I can prepare a decent steak dinner for similar money :-(
This user likes this post:
Old 31-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #16
rab

Treat them like 5yr olds, keep it simple and recite it to them.
Get he girl to check the order as she's about to give you it.
If not picked up then, you're as guilty as they are !

Ps, they **** up my order a lot...at least 50% of the time....
Old 31-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #17
Spudz27
Call me Spud

The macca's here is a 40% store. 40% of the time they get it right and not to start any flame wars but the quality decline begun when they began to hire less english speaking workers.

KFC here is awesome as is HJ's never a stuffed order yet and again I know it seems racist but the kfc and HJ's here are not run by migrants. I mean I know it is rude, but when 60% of the staff at macca's don't even understand english, how do you expect the order to be correct.

I went for a management job at said macca's and was specifically asked if I could handle a workforce that didn't necessarily understand english. He tried to act like he was a saint offering them employment but the sad truth is they do as they are told when they are told without complaint. But this is for another topic.

Last edited by Spudz27; 31-10-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 31-10-2013, 01:00 AM   #18
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's the universe trying to tell you to stop eating the garbage. The last time I ate McDonalds was in 2003. I had a Big Mac and all the fat from the burger dripped onto the tray and set hard like candle wax. No thanks.
Old 31-10-2013, 01:44 AM   #19
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I have been short changed plenty of times in those drive-throughs. There has also been a few occasions when I've been given excess change, which makes up for it.
Old 31-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #20
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love first world problems....
6 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2013, 01:48 AM   #21
79FordEsky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only time I had my meal screw up my meal was in melbourne twice, I told them off and gave me another burger that was more expensive than the one I ordered it was double patty bacon grand angus before they basically cut the burger in half and at the same price.

My Survivor 1 owner XC Wagon
Check it Out
Old 31-10-2013, 01:48 AM   #22
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But seriously, I blame record low unemployment.

Back in the old days staff were so grateful to have even that rubbish job they made very burger and every order like their life depended on it.

How bout subway? Sandwich artist?

Try sandwich slob....
Old 31-10-2013, 03:36 AM   #23
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have 3 local McD... one of them is consistently good, one is average, and the other consistently poor.

KFC I just find too harrowing as its all just rearrangements of the same stuff, so I never know what the hell I'm ordering.

HJ is pathetic. Burgers, other than the pattie, feel microwaved, and the coke is always like soda water, and they either don't put the lid on properly or they don't bother to clean up spills.
Old 31-10-2013, 04:43 AM   #24
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted a HJ's burger after work. Midnight on a Monday, one car in front of me, I order my burger (spicy chicken with cheese extra spicy sauce thankyou) and pull up at pay window. Pay. 27 minutes later and I am handed my burger. I proceeded to blast the guy who handed it to me, who was conveniently the manager, about how ridiculous it was that I had waited 27 minutes for a burger. I didn't once have a staff member come and inform me of any reasons why my food was so slow in arriving. The manager had nothing to say, he just said "I'm very sorry sir, I will refund you your money and issue you with $20 of store vouchers to use here whenever you like". He didn't know why the food took 27 minutes and I'm guessing he just wanted me gone. I still haven't used that voucher yet, might have to go back and see how long it takes them to throw together a burger.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 31-10-2013, 04:49 AM   #25
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HJ is far and away the worst. it's like they place the bun on one side of the room and then take turns throwing the cold ingredients at it from the other side.

never had one that was assembled right
Old 31-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #26
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And Den
Old 31-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #27
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

no and den

nah they dont stuff it up, but...cold fries are pretty popular at maccas
This user likes this post:
Old 31-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #28
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

The other day they asked if I mind waiting in the waiting bay. Told them that I do mind but still moved. Get food shortly after and all the chips were put in the bag upside down. Jerks.
Old 31-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #29
Kil4Collingwood

I find kfc to be the worst, rarely do they get it right.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Old 31-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #30
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they hate you

that's why they stuff your order up
Closed Thread