Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Clem 7 Rip Off !!!

I hired a car in Briz, and took my E Toll tag, with me..the tag didn't beep. I rang to pay the pay toll this morning. and was charged an extra 96c because the car wasn't registered with FLOW. I wasn't happy. !!! The girl said " you must register your hire car with us before leaving the hire car depot" Nowhere is this advertised. No wonder Clem7 and the other tunnels have failed. This is just a ripoff...

Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Clem 7 Rip Off !!!

post your bank account details and I'll chip in 1c to lessen the load

we just need 95 others to do the same and then you're sweet
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

xxx000..my point was. why should someone be penalised for no fault of their own ??? you do the right thing and get screwed!!!!! its just an excuse to make money.....
Old 02-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

It's a dollar.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Phwoar 96 cents.....
No one made you drive in it did they I have a spare one if you need it.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

First World Problems

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kable72 and DJM83..you all miss the point..its not the 96c, its the blatant money making..
Have you seen the fees if you don't pay in 3 days!!!!! Everyone else gives you at least a fortnight to pay an account..Imagine if your bank gave you 3 days to pay your credit card account !!!!
I had an appointment in Buranda, Virgin left Rocky 15 mins late, as eagles on the runway. Then, Hertz computers had crashed and they had to manually do my Gold reservation, took half an hour. Instead of the usual, walk in an pick up keys. Plenty of time to avoid Clem 7 if these problems hadn't happened!!!!!! I avoid the tunnels like the plague, whenever I can.....
Old 02-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
nstg8a

Il make myself late these days rather than go through the tolls, too many times I've been over charged on the clem 7 and gateway bridges. No more.

Doesn't matter if its one dollar or 100 dollars, that's my money, not theirs.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Kable72 and DJM83..you all miss the point..its not the 96c, its the blatant money making..
Have you seen the fees if you don't pay in 3 days!!!!! Everyone else gives you at least a fortnight to pay an account..Imagine if your bank gave you 3 days to pay your credit card account !!!!
I had an appointment in Buranda, Virgin left Rocky 15 mins late, as eagles on the runway. Then, Hertz computers had crashed and they had to manually do my Gold reservation, took half an hour. Instead of the usual, walk in an pick up keys. Plenty of time to avoid Clem 7 if these problems hadn't happened!!!!!! I avoid the tunnels like the plague, whenever I can.....

So what you are saying is that it is everyone else's fault that you do not understand or more likely did not even bother to read the terms and conditions of your etag......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #10
superfly
Go the Hogster!

I agree, you shouldn't have to register the vehicle first. The tag should be good enough. When I was in Vic a few years ago, I took my tag and it worked just fine.

96 cents is an extra 25% on top of the toll.

If all here don't mind handing over an extra dollar, please send those dollars all my way.
6 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
AU Mont
Banned

my tags have only ever worked half the time, resulting in video matching fees added onto every toll.
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #12
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont View Post
my tags have only ever worked half the time, resulting in video matching fees added onto every toll.

I thought as long as the account was in credit, and the correct vehicle that's registered to the etag then they didn't charge the video matching fee?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #13
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
If the bank was like, Hey Kable, your pay went in a little late so we took a dollar from your account for admin fees I wouldn't miss it. I wouldn't have noticed if they wouldn't have told me. I can guarentee you that if someone didn't say that you were charged an additional 96 cents you wouldn't have noticed it. Crying for the sake of crying. If this is all you have to complain about then you got it pretty sweet, my friend.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Lol you know what's worse? Getting charged more because I drive a "commercial" vehicle....
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #15
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I can understand where csv8 is coming from ..... its all these additional charges, large or small that are just constant and easy to be accumulated by Tolls, banks, etc. Hidden or obscure charges that mean nothing individually but 100,000 people pay these without question because why bother with a dollar ..... these people who can make up their own fees can continue to do so. Wish I could do it in my business but I wouldn't have a business for too long!

I haven't read the terms of conditions to my Etag .... I expect it to be black and white and simple. I have had some great discussions with Eastlink about stupid small fees they decide is policy. They need to make it perfectly clear ..... not in some obscure booklet you received 5 years ago when the tag turned up or hidden on section 34.4.4 page 14 of the T&C's on a web site. Especially when getting a hire car!

Yep ...... it annoys the crappers out of me too

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #16
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
I thought as long as the account was in credit, and the correct vehicle that's registered to the etag then they didn't charge the video matching fee?
if the tag doesnt beep = video matching fee.
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #17
Itsme
Experienced Member

csv8 the onus is on you these days to inquire & know every thing that is required, a sad fact but true..... just like reading the fine print.

You will get over it, I did a long time ago.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #18
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happens to 100,000 people a year, thats 96k in their pockets. May only be a dollar but it adds up.
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what are toll roads.. sorry that was cruel..

living in backwater hick towns has its positives..
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #20
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Man, we got charged $58.13 for 2 hours and 1 minute at Wilsons Parking in the city.

They don't even have car park attendants anymore, its got this electronic thing you put your card/money into, can't even justify the price some how lol.

The crap thing about eTag is you can only have three cars on the one account, bit of a shortage here with us we've got 1 account, 6 cars, I might open another one to get my Sierra covered.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-05-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #21
renegadeous

When they built the gateway they said the $2 was to 'pay the bridge off.' then it was to 'upgrade the roads' now they've pulled all the price signs down and moved it into QIC which is the owned by the state government and is a major wholesale client to public servants superannuation. They were never meant to be economically viable. You can't reposess a bridge or tunnel. The plan was always to get dumb schmucks to invest in these ventures then when they go broke flick them into government owned entities. It is a con. Disclaimer : I am mentally retarded and have no idea what I am talking about and you should seek your own financial advice when entering tunnels or assessing how much the QLD government may or may not be ripping you off for on top of your rego and don't listen to people like me.
renegadeous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #22
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
what are toll roads.. sorry that was cruel..

living in backwater hick towns has its positives..
Year back a mate drove over from Melbourne and rocks up at 10pm asking what number to call to pay the SE Freeway toll - he couldn't see any signs with the name, number or fee, and the toll booth at the bottom of the freeway was shut by the time he came through.

Told him if he meant the old tollgate then it shut more than 160 years before he rolled into Adelaide. I should have quoted him a price and told him to give me the cash and his rego and I would sort it for him.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #23
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, "first world problems"...because we all know that because we live in a first world country, we shouldn't be allowed to have any problems... God I hate that saying...

I hate tolls altogether...and will go well out of my way to avoid them. I pay registration, I pay petrol taxes, I pay income taxes...that should be sufficient to be allowed to drive wherever I damn well want.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #24
No.6

I never understood the idea of tolls. Don't we pay taxes already that pays for all this sort of infastructure? And then they charge us claiming they are paying it off? Hasnt it essentially already been paid off via taxes?
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #25
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I don't mind paying tolls as long as it cuts time off my journey.

My family lives in Mulgrave so I just go down Citylink and get off at the police rd exit off the Monash.freeway.

Or today I'm doing citilink/eastlink to get to Carrum Downs to pick up the Falcon.

Its easier paying tolls to use a big freeway than go through Melbournes 500000000000000 intersections. I'm from the country, I don't know how roundabouts and traffic lights work ;)

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 04-05-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My favorite "anti toll story" is from my own personal experience many years ago...

It was way back when one of the first toll roads in Queensland opened up...on the Sunshine Coast (Nicklin Way? Sunshine Motorway? Can't recall the name). The public weren't happy at all about it. We were down there on holiday, and found ourselves on the motorway, and we didn't have any change...we were wondering how to pay the toll.
Then we remembered hearing about a protest campaign on the local radio station called "Follow the yellow ribbons", and we saw a light pole beside the motorway festooned with yellow ribbons, and a hand made sign saying "Follow the yellow ribbons". The next pole had a ribbon, as did the next, down an off-ramp, along a road, around a roundabout, then along a two lane bitumen road just beside the motorway near cane fields. We "followed the yellow ribbons" on every light pole and post, and drove right past the toll booths (which were practically empty of cars), and then came back up onto the motorway some distance further down the road. Brilliant!!
The state government caved in, and the next time we visited, the toll booths were empty with no gates, and the next time we went a few months later, the only sign they'd ever been there was a wider spot in the highway and a concrete section of road.
The world didn't end, the road system didn't collapse, and civilisation continued...governments have to realise they just have to suck it up and pay for facilities for the tax payer now and then.

People aren't stupid...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #27
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
My favorite "anti toll story" is from my own personal experience many years ago...

It was way back when one of the first toll roads in Queensland opened up...on the Sunshine Coast (Nicklin Way? Sunshine Motorway? Can't recall the name). The public weren't happy at all about it. We were down there on holiday, and found ourselves on the motorway, and we didn't have any change...we were wondering how to pay the toll.
Then we remembered hearing about a protest campaign on the local radio station called "Follow the yellow ribbons", and we saw a light pole beside the motorway festooned with yellow ribbons, and a hand made sign saying "Follow the yellow ribbons". The next pole had a ribbon, as did the next, down an off-ramp, along a road, around a roundabout, then along a two lane bitumen road just beside the motorway near cane fields. We "followed the yellow ribbons" on every light pole and post, and drove right past the toll booths (which were practically empty of cars), and then came back up onto the motorway some distance further down the road. Brilliant!!
The state government caved in, and the next time we visited, the toll booths were empty with no gates, and the next time we went a few months later, the only sign they'd ever been there was a wider spot in the highway and a concrete section of road.
The world didn't end, the road system didn't collapse, and civilisation continued...governments have to realise they just have to suck it up and pay for facilities for the tax payer now and then.

People aren't stupid...
Well people who do not live in capital cities anyway.....

It is amazing what a bit of civil disobedience and pressure on the government and in particular the local state members will do.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #28
renegadeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post

People aren't stupid...
I remember that! I was living there at the time. 20 years ago. I remember I used to stop off at the servo and get bags of 5cent coins to pay them with on the way back if I was short on time. haha. It was some hick out of nowhere that promised if everybody voted him in as council he'd get rid of the toll. that was his ONLY policy and he won! They all said the world was going to end and the council would go broke. But as you look back 20 year it actually was cutting off the northern part of the sunshine coast from the south and there was little development outside of Noosa. In hindsight it is probably the best thing that the council could have done to grow the sunshine coast. Once you cross the river there is actually 40 km's of civilisation there now. For those that live there I am only making that comment in the context of the doom and gloom economic stuff in the newspapers to demonstrate it was wrong economically. I'm not saying that it's good your sleepy towns are becoming suburbia, so please don't flame me down
renegadeous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post