Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Media anti-Falcon

Anyone listen to 3aw when the host said that there's really no point of buying a Falcon because it will be gone by '16?
WTF is that supposed to mean?

Old 02-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Re: Media anti-Falcon

Who listens to AM radio anyway. Feature that should be deleted from all new cars, just like the tape deck. Guess there's no point listening to AM radio as it will be gone by '16 anyway.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #3
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who was the host, what time of the day was it?

The Commodore won't be in production for eternity either, guess we should boycott that wasted tax dollar project too.

3AW's sister station in Brisbane has interviewed one angry outspoken "expert" in 2012 saying the Falcon should not exist today because tax payers are keeping it alive and he repeatedly ranted that car companies should not be subsidised because they won't survive even with subsidies.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Who listens to AM radio anyway. Feature that should be deleted from all new cars, just like the tape deck. Guess there's no point listening to AM radio as it will be gone by '16 anyway.
My Dad gave me a lift home so i had no choice.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #5
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was about 12am when the grannies on their medication call.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The way some of you hate Gm, a company from the same country who makes basically the same sort of car it deserves to go...

Youll just get imported fords. Or Golfs like everyone else.

Last edited by MethodX; 02-03-2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: error
Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
Raysie

I never understand when people/media say there's no point in buying a Falcon because it will be finishing up soon.

1. It isn't.

2. If you buy an FG today, it's not going to miraculously stop working if Ford stops building Falcons in a couple of years.

Anyway, the more hate the Falcon gets... the more I like it.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Quote:
Off topic but you do realize a fair chunk of this country only has abc on am ...don't you ?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don’t blame the media, blame the bad management at Ford for the continued "no comment" line. Even if Ford knows it is doing major damage to brand Falcon. My angry on this topic is fairly squared at Ford!!
2 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #10
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
Don’t blame the media, blame the bad management at Ford for the continued "no comment" line. Even if Ford knows it is doing major damage to brand Falcon. My angry on this topic is fairly squared at Ford!!
Ford have announced a major 2014 update...that can last out past 2016...only on the past few months have holden came out with their post-vf plans...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
2 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Ford have announced a major 2014 update...that can last out past 2016...only on the past few months have holden came out with their post-vf plans...
We aren’t discussing or questioning the 2014 update, we are talking about post 2016 'all new' update!! The 2014 update may be able to go 12-18 months more unchanged from 2014, but then what? The 'then what’ part is why we have anti Ford reports, & the longer the ‘no comment’ line continues from Ford the louder the anti ford media get. The ball is in Fords court here!!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
We aren’t discussing or questioning the 2014 update, we are talking about post 2016 'all new' update!! The 2014 update may be able to go 12-18 months more unchanged from 2014, but then what? The 'then what’ part is why we have anti Ford reports, & the longer the ‘no comment’ line continues from Ford the louder the anti ford media get. The ball is in Fords court here!!
The point is, Ford are concentrating on the 2014 update, when they release that, then they will be in a position to tell the world there future plans.

\≡≡T≡≡/
3 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
The way some of you hate Gm, a company from the same country who makes basically the same sort of car it deserves to go...

Youll just get imported fords. Or Golfs like everyone else.
Must have missed that post? Will have another look ..... Nope not there! All I see in this thread is some being critical of Ford? Is that better?

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

I may be wrong, my hunch is if theres a concerted effort from certain media outlets owned by certain people - cough, cough hello R...rt (track record noted..), well that would say it all.... anyone get my drift? If its coming from all the media left, right, centre, then that would be a different story again- thats when Ford should shoot down all the b's if they are serious about the Falcons longevity in the near future.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 02-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #15
prydey
Rob

Quote:
name me another company that releases info regarding future products 4 years in advance!!

holden doesn't count because the amount of promises they don't deliver on makes a mockery of it. funnily enough, even though they rarely follow through, members still soak up all the dribble.

ford are currently working on a plan for their large car in their global line up.

ford don't consider you important enough to contact you for your advice. some people, esp media, need to deal with it.

ford are not obliged to release info just because someone asks. they are clearly working on something. there will be a large car, possibly called falcon, post 2016. will it be made here? that is the question but at present, there is not enough evidence to suggest otherwise.
6 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #16
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman_75 View Post
Off topic but you do realize a fair chunk of this country only has abc on am ...don't you ?
I wouldn't think many people would live out of range of FM. I use a lot of back roads interstate and I have never been out of range of an FM station of some description
Old 02-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
name me another company that releases info regarding future products 4 years in advance!!

holden doesn't count because the amount of promises they don't deliver on makes a mockery of it. funnily enough, even though they rarely follow through, members still soak up all the dribble.

ford are currently working on a plan for their large car in their global line up.

ford don't consider you important enough to contact you for your advice. some people, esp media, need to deal with it.

ford are not obliged to release info just because someone asks. they are clearly working on something. there will be a large car, possibly called falcon, post 2016. will it be made here? that is the question but at present, there is not enough evidence to suggest otherwise.
1) Toyota Australia
2) Holden Australia (And yes they count. Ford is no better at not delivery on promises)
3) So basically ALL of Ford's competitors have done so.
4) I'm not the only one asking & doing the damage, the media are. The media can be your friend or enemy. We have people on radio saying “not buy a falcon”, just because the dumb **** has no idea at all. I have friends asking me “am I disappointed Falcon is dead”.
5) Of course Ford has no obligation to release anything, but they do have an obligation to protect brand Falcon. Current actions are failing in this area IMO
Old 02-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #18
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
1) Toyota Australia
2) Holden Australia (And yes they count. Ford is no better at not delivery on promises)
3) So basically ALL of Ford's competitors have done so.
4) I'm not the only one asking & doing the damage, the media are. The media can be your friend or enemy. We have people on radio saying “not buy a falcon”, just because the dumb **** has no idea at all. I have friends asking me “am I disappointed Falcon is dead”.
5) Of course Ford has no obligation to release anything, but they do have an obligation to protect brand Falcon. Current actions are failing in this area IMO
Well as you have all the info, tell us about the 2017 Toyota and Holden product ranges.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #19
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

haha so the whole world is against the Falcon and it isn't Ford's fault?
God you guys need help.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #20
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Well as you have all the info, tell us about the 2017 Toyota and Holden product ranges.
The media & public don’t need to know all the details this far out, that would just be dumb. But Toyota & Holden have both committed to Manufacturing in Australia out to & past 2020. All Ford needs to do it is the same.
This user likes this post:
Old 02-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #21
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The media & public don’t need to know all the details this far out, that would just be dumb. But Toyota & Holden have both committed to Manufacturing in Australia out to & past 2020. All Ford needs to do it is the same.
What you mean like there will be no Carbon Tax or GST.........

If Ford said they were going to manufacture you would want to know if they would be making falcons.
If they said they would be making falcons you would want to know if they were RWD.
If they said they were RWD you would want to know if they were V8s
If they said they were V8s you would want to know something else.....
Why do you need to know any of this?

In 2017, Ford will be making Falcons in Australia or they will not. Until that time anyone who wishes to buy a new Falcon can wander off to they friendly local dealer and press hard, three copies.

Ford's plans for Australia are available on a "need to know" basis, and YOU don't need to know........
Old 02-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #22
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysie View Post
I never understand when people/media say there's no point in buying a Falcon because it will be finishing up soon.

1. It isn't.

2. If you buy an FG today, it's not going to miraculously stop working if Ford stops building Falcons in a couple of years.

Anyway, the more hate the Falcon gets... the more I like it.
Although car manufacturers are required to offer spares for 10 years (I think) after a car goes out of production, you can guarantee that the lower the sales of a particular car before it ceases production, the higher price one will pay for replacement parts.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What you mean like there will be no Carbon Tax or GST.........

If Ford said they were going to manufacture you would want to know if they would be making falcons.
If they said they would be making falcons you would want to know if they were RWD.
If they said they were RWD you would want to know if they were V8s
If they said they were V8s you would want to know something else.....
Why do you need to know any of this?

In 2017, Ford will be making Falcons in Australia or they will not. Until that time anyone who wishes to buy a new Falcon can wander off to they friendly local dealer and press hard, three copies.

Ford's plans for Australia are available on a "need to know" basis, and YOU don't need to know........
As I said, I'm NOT the one that needs to knows.

You just dont get it, so I'll stop trying!!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #24
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
As I said, I'm NOT the one that needs to knows
Who does then, the general public who don't care any way?

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #25
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Repeated for emphasis.

Hands up all those here who think that the government will give Ford a pizzly $20 million
for 2016 emission upgrades in return for Falcon and Territory continuing until at least 2018....

Hands up all those who think that continued subsidised evolution of Falcon and Territory
is far cheaper than the cost of closing down operations and spending a small fortune
converting global LHD vehicles as Falcon and Territory replacements.

It's simply a case of the cost of change to global products far exceeds
the return on investment compared to maintaining the status quo

Last edited by jpd80; 02-03-2013 at 06:13 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #26
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Unfortunately you can't win there either. The Fairfax talkback stations like 3AW all simulcast on digital radio, which are becoming increasingly available on more and more cars.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #27
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

I just find it ludicrous that people can believe their own speculation on the matter, when Ford hasn't said one word about not manufacturing in oz after 2016. It's like an uncontrollable Chinese whisper. Why would Ford interject in the matter when it is just a ridiculous story, made up by a media circus with no facts.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #28
Sprint XR8

Guess who hosts the motoring program on 3AW thursday afternoons?

Quote:
2PM THURSDAY: Ask a question about any car in Australian showrooms and 3AW Afternoons expert Paul Gover will probably know the answer. He is Australia's leading motoring journalist and has been driving, testing - occasionally racing - and writing about cars and the car industry for more than 30 years.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #29
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As I said, I'm NOT the one that needs to knows.
Neither do the media have a need to know. Nor, for that matter, the government.

Whatever Ford's plans post 2016 are, it'll become apparent in due course. The media should shut their mouths until Ford makes an official announcement.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
Old 03-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #30
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Its being being discussed on a national radio program, so shoot the radio station not the messenger.
The media thinks there is a discussion point here thats worthy of continued public air time, reporting something thats being discussed on a national radio isn't being a Ford hater either.
Question was asked about Holden info for 2016/17, it has been announced this has also had plenty of air time, On this Forum there doesn't seem to be a problem discussing the Commodore product 4 years in advance, but if you discuss the Falcon beyond 2016 you are seen as negative.
Until an official announcement is made the speculation will be on going, I suspect the wait will be very long.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 04-03-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Closed Thread