Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
ZXTC
Starter Motor

Default rough idle on startup --

Hi all

I have a series one au wagon on gas.
When I have a cold start the car idles rough and the
Whole car shakes for around 10 seconds then idles fine.
Any ideas ?

Cheers Mick

ZXTC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

Default Re: rough idle on startup --

having same problem on a eb 4 litre on gas

anyone keen to help us outtttttttt ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
NCII40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
zorba289

hi,

Me three, I had exactly the same issues as mentioned above, idled rough for the first 10 seconds or so ,then ran fine, even if I started it up straight away the issue would not be there
So I decided to pull the fist solenoid off (the one right near the stepper motor) and unscrewed the brass fitting (don't know what its called) and all the parts , then notice the solenoid appeared to have corrosion through the centre of it , so I changed it with a spare one
Everything works fine know ,so not sure if it was the solenoid or the cleaning of the brass parts or a combination of both

cheers
john
zorba289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorba289 View Post
hi,

Me three, I had exactly the same issues as mentioned above, idled rough for the first 10 seconds or so ,then ran fine, even if I started it up straight away the issue would not be there
So I decided to pull the fist solenoid off (the one right near the stepper motor) and unscrewed the brass fitting (don't know what its called) and all the parts , then notice the solenoid appeared to have corrosion through the centre of it , so I changed it with a spare one
Everything works fine know ,so not sure if it was the solenoid or the cleaning of the brass parts or a combination of both

cheers
john

thanks john for the reply
but um what solenoid am i looking for
cheers
NCII40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: