Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
AU Mont
Banned

Default Too many models

Other brands that i dont give two hoots about, i still know most of their range as you usually have 3 levels of appointments and the names are catchy enough to remember

Then you have your falcon which comes as a XT, or then you have a G6, or maybe even a G6E, but hold on what about the XR6, forget them lets go the G6ET. Then we have multiple engine choices between them and thats where the salesman has to give a brief lecture on what the difference is and why you have to choose between them

As someone said in another thread, the "G" abbreviation is crap and doesnt ring as well as the fairmont/ghia's as everyone knew what they were and is what they worked hard for and aspired to.

For a company who says the falcon maybe gone in a few years and that it isnt selling well, why not dumb down the falcon range and make it a quick clean choice on what people want, and how to advertise it

Lets have a XT, a Fairmont oops G6 and a G6ET. Low,mid,high spec........ easy. And make ecoBoost standard for XT/G6 and I6 turbo standard for G6ET (obviously)

Old 18-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Re: Too many models

Not sure what you are truing to say, Falcon buying is as simple as it gets...

-------G6, G6E, G6ET
XT <
-------XR6, XR6T

Better than

Falcon
Futura
Fairmont
Fairmont Ghia

The choice is easy, XR or G6.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 18-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Wait I'm sorry, how many engine choices? Hmmm let's see? You have a 4lt or a 4lt turbo? Well now you have a 4cyl turbo also. That's still just 3? And you do want entry level (XT), abit of kit (G6), a but more kit (G6E). Or do you want sports? Well we have the XR6 or XR6T. Hell if you want sports and kit, we have the G6ET! What more could you want?

How much dumber do you want the range to get?

Let's dumb it down further and just say its a falcon and falcon Turbo from there you can spec up in your options as you choose. Much the same way it was in the 60s.

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.

Last edited by GhiaEB; 18-07-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 18-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Not sure what you are truing to say, Falcon buying is as simple as it gets...

-------G6, G6E, G6ET
XT <
-------XR6, XR6T
lol i forgot about the XR6T

too many i tells ya !!! And you have the ecoboost, lpi, i6, i6T engine variants

Have a look at the Subaru liberty or Mazda 6, how many different variants and engine combos are there? Having that many different things happening at the same time is something a thriving model would have, and the falcon is not.
Old 18-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
lol i forgot about the XR6T

too many i tells ya !!! And you have the ecoboost, lpi, i6, i6T engine variants

Have a look at the Subaru liberty or Mazda 6, how many different variants and engine combos are there?

Wagon:
-Diesel
-Touring

Sedan:
-Touring

Hatch:
-Touring
-Diesel
-Luxury sports

Then the Highest selling car, the Mazda 3, has 11 different variations.

If you think that sales are going to increse, with reduced options...well.../facepalm

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 18-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Quote:
Have a look at the Subaru liberty or Mazda 6, how many different variants and engine combos are there? Having that many different things happening at the same time is something a thriving model would have, and the falcon is not.
The Mazda 6 has 6 different versions, you have Touring wagon, hatch and sedan, then you have diesel wagon and sports hatch, and the finally luxury sports hatch? I fail to see your point?

Website here
http://www.mazda.com.au/vehicles/maz...feiupgodfgzlcg

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
Old 18-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaEB
The Mazda 6 has 6 different versions, you have Touring wagon, hatch and sedan, then you have diesel wagon and sports hatch, and the finally luxury sports hatch? I fail to see your point?

Website here
http://www.mazda.com.au/vehicles/maz...feiupgodfgzlcg
they probably can afford to do that as its a universal model, ........ its not a surefire way of increasing sales as such, but for a model that doesnt sell well anymore, why have so many different spec and new engine variations, dumbing it down must have more positives then negatives surely?
Old 18-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
they probably can afford to do that as its a universal model, ........ im not talking about increasing sales as such, but for a model that doesnt sell well anymore, why have so many different spec and new engine variations, dumbing it down must have more positives then negatives surely?

The falcon is a universal model...

Available in base, sports or luxury versions...

you suggest removing the XR6...it sells a high %

And the "G" nomenclature has shifted the buyer market from the XT, to higher spec cars...

What ford have been doing is great...just people's warped perceptions of what they want is harming the falcon...SUV and smaller cars.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 18-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Wagon:
-Diesel
-Touring

Sedan:
-Touring

Hatch:
-Touring
-Diesel
-Luxury sports
yes so basically you have a

*Wagon with choice of two engines
*Sedan
*Basic hatch with 2 engine choices or Luxury Hatch.

How is that comparing to the extensive choices in the falcon range?

Its easy for ford enthusiasts or forum buffs to say how spoilt everyone is with the choices, but its just not needed!!

Quote:
The falcon is a universal model...
i meant

Quote:
you suggest removing the XR6...it sells a high %
ok then, maybe a XT, a XR6 with leather, and the G6ET

And have two engine config (ecoboost, lpi) with the first two.......

Last edited by AU Mont; 18-07-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 18-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
KIWI-1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Have a look at the Subaru liberty or Mazda 6, how many different variants and engine combos are there?
Can't speak for the Mazda6, but I can tell you that HQ's Mazda3 diesel came in sedan or hatch with zero options. SIMPLE.

How many variants to a Transit? 25? 30?
Old 18-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:

ok then, maybe a XT, a XR6 with leather, and the G6ET

And have two engine config (ecoboost, lpi) with the first two.......

I want to buy a XR6T

"ah, don't sell them"

*shoves 50K back in pocket and goes else where....

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 18-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #12
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:

i know im starting to get the point......., why not have 30 different falcon variations, with 10 levels of luxury in each badge, and make sure theres 4 engine combos with each of them, just so they can give 99% of the population EXACTLY what they want. The road to success !!!

If they want a XR6T, why cant they have a G6ET? How many car manufacturers sell a hi perfomance engine in a bodykitted povo pack car?
Old 18-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Poverty pack hi-po cars are all the go. Look at all the
Manufactors around the world, some of their best sports car have stuff all gear fitted. This means less weight, Better track performance.

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Old 18-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
KIWI-1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i know im starting to get the point......., why not have 30 different falcon variations, with 10 levels of luxury in each badge, and make sure theres 4 engine combos with each of them, just so they can give 99% of the population EXACTLY what they want. The road to success !!!
Sounds like Transit to me. Could be why http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/k...818-1iyp4.html?
Old 18-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #15
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Whinge Fest Troll Alert.
Old 18-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
Whinge Fest Troll Alert.
is it too hard to post something constructive?
Old 18-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #17
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

There is nothing constuctive about this thread...

Just more about what a crap job Ford is doing, and how Anon can do better...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 18-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #18
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

The only vehicle in the falcon range that is unused IMO is the XT but since it's there,
what about using as the ultimate hook to Ecoboost Falcon buyers .....$30,990 drive away.
Old 18-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #19
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Starting to agree.

1 model ....... not everyone happy ...... lots of models .... not everyone happy ...... cannot please everyone ...... that is the problem.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 18-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #20
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
The only vehicle in the falcon range that is unused IMO is the XT but since it's there,
what about using as the ultimate hook to Ecoboost Falcon buyers .....$30,990 drive away.
..... and also very much agree with this. Drop the word XT, call it a Falcon and get it below that 30k. $29,990 and take on the Camry that's being flogged on TV.

But that is another topic.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread