Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default So who is up for hosting a family ?

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...s-into-our-ho/

Old 04-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: So who is up for hosting a family ?

It would be very challenging. A massive culture shock for both the refugees and hosts. I doubt many people would have the personality to succeed.

If it comes off I imagine it would be a great way of helping refugees on their first steps integrating into our country.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Ill pass.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 04-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
68xt

Shouldn't we be helping Australians, especially children that have been abused sexaully, physically mentally, along with struggling families especially single parents. not to mention adults (young and old) with all sorts of issues, addictions and bondage.

I am not against immigration, without it a lot of us wouldn't be here. But come on, we need to focus on the real issues that Australian Citizens face everyday. before we take on other countries issues.

Just an example. In SA a lot of immigrants went to an ex army barracks in Inverbrackie against the local communities wishes. They were given fully furnished homettes and given brand new clothes, cigarettes and a local community centre was shut down for them to use. The each hold a disability card (discounted bus fare etc) as their disability was not being able to speak the Australian language.

Furthermore I heard from a reliable source, there was a group that asked for more money as they needed to buy new clothes, the agency (not saying) replied what have you done with your clothes that were just bought. their response was we threw them out, as they did not know how to use a washing machine.

I work with children everyday and I see first hand that there are so many issues that the government sweep under the rug. It is just not fair to the real Aussie battlers.

JMO
Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68xt
Shouldn't we be helping Australians, especially children that have been abused sexaully, physically mentally, along with struggling families especially single parents. not to mention adults (young and old) with all sorts of issues, addictions and bondage.

I am not against immigration, without it a lot of us wouldn't be here. But come on, we need to focus on the real issues that Australian Citizens face everyday. before we take on other countries issues.

Just an example. In SA a lot of immigrants went to an ex army barracks in Inverbrackie against the local communities wishes. They were given fully furnished homettes and given brand new clothes, cigarettes and a local community centre was shut down for them to use. The each hold a disability card (discounted bus fare etc) as their disability was not being able to speak the Australian language.

Furthermore I heard from a reliable source, there was a group that asked for more money as they needed to buy new clothes, the agency (not saying) replied what have you done with your clothes that were just bought. their response was we threw them out, as they did not know how to use a washing machine.

I work with children everyday and I see first hand that there are so many issues that the government sweep under the rug. It is just not fair to the real Aussie battlers.

JMO
Remember, everyone is equal in Australia, except Illegal immigrants are more equal than everyone else.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I am too far outside of the city to be eligible I would imagine but it could prove to be a good experience in some ways I am sure. Especially for small families with children that could be partnered with similar sized small families. The kids would benefit greatly I imagine from having their eyes widened to different cultures etc. and help them to grow greatly in a way that would likely help them in the rest of their lives.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
Pis-ton broke
Banned

what about all those poor people living on the streets? do they get free accomidation too?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

more ranga suck up to the greens shenanigans..
Old 04-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
nstg8a

Good idea in theory IMO.

These immigrants need help to integrate properly otherwise they all settle in one area and you end up with whole neighborhoods of entirely different cultures.

As for the homeless Australians, maybe they should get of their backsides and get a job...
IMO if your fit for work there's no excuse for most of the homeless.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
Good idea in theory IMO.

These immigrants need help to integrate properly otherwise they all settle in one area and you end up with whole neighborhoods of entirely different cultures.

As for the homeless Australians, maybe they should get of their backsides and get a job...
a lot of homeless dudes have underlying mental health issues.. another big fail and not looking after our own first......

i know someone that works directly with these refugees.. theyre dodgy as hell.. straight out lie and work the system bigstyle...

fine citizens they are....
Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

If the money was tax free and I could still do a little work on the side I would be up for it!

Lived in a similar situation myself for over a year (shared a house with 18 others - and loved it)... and did it myself as well on a smaller scale to add a little to my income ;)

Could be interesting.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and im not a rascist i will happily fill my house up tomorrow with 18yo blonde swedish females...
Old 04-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #13
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Grouse, this gives them more reason to come here illegally. Obviously those who get the warm and fuzzies over this haven't been to Europe to see what havoc forced multiculturalism has on the host nation,
Old 04-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
68xt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
a lot of homeless dudes have underlying mental health issues.. another big fail and not looking after our own first

exactly. it was a very narrow minded response.

how many of these immigrants will actually contribute to the better of AUSTRALIAN culture and beliefs, and in particuar the workforce.

how long will they need to aclimatise to Australia.

if immigrants are fit for work, shouldnt they be? They were fit enough to sit on a boat for 2 weeks against raging torrents, seas and wild animals. but all of a sudden they not fit for work?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #15
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
Good idea in theory IMO.

Man sometimes there's more to it than laziness. Sometimes life just deals up a **** hand or some wrong decisions have irreversible consequences.
Have a look at this video, the guys 23, well spoken, has a degree but is homeless. Dressed like that he wouldn't even get a job at maccas, he can't even get a start like these immigrants are getting; 4 walls food and a shower.
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...D_ZU1tjDbYueMg

BA XR8 Manual
Old 04-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
nstg8a

Quote:
a lot of homeless dudes have underlying mental health issues.. another big fail and not looking after our own first......

i know someone that works directly with these refugees.. theyre dodgy as hell.. straight out lie and work the system bigstyle...

That's why I said 'those fit for work'. There will always be those that genuinely need help but unfortunately there is a far greater number that take the system for granted.

And I'm sure there's many refugees that do rort the system but do you penalise the honest ones or crack down on the ones doing it wrong?

Trouble is theses days its easy to be branded a racist if you say what you think.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #17
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo
Man sometimes there's more to it than laziness. Sometimes life just deals up a **** hand or some wrong decisions have irreversible consequences.
Have a look at this video, the guys 23, well spoken, has a degree but is homeless. Dressed like that he wouldn't even get a job at maccas, he can't even get a start like these immigrants are getting; 4 walls food and a shower.
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...D_ZU1tjDbYueMg
Is that an American clip?

Australia has a very large very capable social welfare system.

Certainly from what I've seen in my short time here centrelink can and do help out a lot
Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #18
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68xt
exactly. it was a very narrow minded response.

how many of these immigrants will actually contribute to the better of AUSTRALIAN culture and beliefs, and in particuar the workforce.

how long will they need to aclimatise to Australia.

if immigrants are fit for work, shouldnt they be? They were fit enough to sit on a boat for 2 weeks against raging torrents, seas and wild animals. but all of a sudden they not fit for work?
Think about where some of these immigrants have come from...wartorn countries that make a month long trip in a leaky overcrowded boat where's there's every chance they're gonna die before they see a 'friendly' face a better option than staying in their own home country.

Get used to immigrants, Australian living standards are envied the world over.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
v gate

Quote:
and im not a rascist i will happily fill my house up tomorrow with 18yo blonde swedish females...
id bet if we sent every boatie to you they would all be home in a week
Old 04-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #20
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is a good idea in that you help these people learn the way of life here rather than locking them up and then when they finally get cleared they have no clue.

I'm sure it is good for the taxpayer too since they are going to continue to come regardless unless we turn them all back and it will cost more and more.

But like I have said many of time, we never have enough money to solve our own problems here to help our own citizens yet pledge billions in overseas aid. I'm not saying we should not help the 3rd world at all but it boggles the mind.

As for homeless people well I can say I that at times I complain about this and that but there are often plenty around where I work and it really puts things in perspective. I just can't imagine how **** things must be.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #21
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The idea is an admission by the Government that it's got no idea on how to handle the boat people.
It'll probably end up being another a colossal rort like the school buildings and pink batts.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #22
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
The idea is an admission by the Government that it's got no idea on how to handle the boat people.
It'll probably end up being another a colossal rort like the school buildings and pink batts.
...And i was going to suggest that the people who come up with this idea to put their hands up and host these families lol!

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #23
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

yes, all homeless are homeless through no fault of their own, and all refugees are liars......

you get good and bad in all walks of life.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #24
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
that's such a nice thing to say.
shirley you have not taken me seriously...
Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #25
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is that $300 a pop or per family??? If per family how big is the family???

I was thinking it was $300 per refugee

Damn, I spend whole the day decking the garage out with bunk beds from St Vinnies, I figured I could fit 10-15 in there, then feed them 2 minute Noodles from Aldi and of course drink tap water.

I figure they should be able to work 12-15 hours per day making fake Nike and Everlast hoodies and man bags that I can sell at Bankstown Markets on the week end.....I will be rich, I tell you, RICH!!!

But unfortunately in reality our Country and Government is a laughing stock of other countries, this is embarrassing on an international level.

And it raises so many questions, what if they steal from you?? What if they take your **** and disappear while you are at work?? Are they going to roaming round your house sitting on the lounge watching TV while you go out and work to pay tax and then you get back $300?? Will they have criminal history checks just to ask a few.

A genuine refugee is someone who flee's their country of origin into the NEAREST nation that provides sanctuary - not someone who flies to Indonesia on a commercial flight, and then upon arrival destroys their documentation prior to embarking on a short boat trip to Australia. However it is policies like these that encourage asylum seekers (not genuine refugees as per definition), which is resulting in these problems we are having now.

This government needs a complete shake up and re vamp with brand new guidelines and policies, this is a very bad and unfunny joke

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 04-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #26
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 min noodles and telly.. watch the boats roll in..
Old 05-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #27
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sure some lonely people will do this just to have someone there with them.

I hate sharing my house with people I know. So no chance ill being sharing with strangers from other countries.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #28

I saw the article and signed up for it, no better way to help people in need than give them a Place to stay to get a start off in life, thats aussie spirit in my view
Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #29
xr6t_ute

but on another note...the people in the detention centres cost the goverment (or us really) $85,000 per person... you can see why there trying to outsource people to take them on for 220- 300 per week.

Gtx3582
Stage 2 Nizpro kit.

HEADSEX TUNED
Old 05-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #30
xr6t_ute

not to mention detention centres are heavily overcrowded beyond what they were built for.

Gtx3582
Stage 2 Nizpro kit.

HEADSEX TUNED
Closed Thread