Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bought my old XR back

Hi all,

About 3years ago I sold my AU and ever since I have regretted it, and have said I would buy it back if I ever come across it,

anyways about 3weeks ago, while doing my usually browse through CarSales, I found here down in Mildura, a week later I flew down in the morning picked her up and drove back to Canberra.

Now my mods list is starting to grow again, but unfortunately cant pick up where I left off as the guy who had it, gave her a hard time for the 20K, all rims need to be replaced and they colour coded the top spoiler (I now know why Ford didn't release it, I get mad sun glare in my mirror now) any ways Im thinking of souring a Carbon fibre one from AWC.

Pre me selling:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...8&d=1201566372

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bought my old XR back

Well done! It's always painful wondering where your old cars end up, but good to see you have got it back... Hopefully in good condition still?
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

Another AU owner coming back to haunt the section, lol.
Old 22-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

They always come back.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
They always come back.
True that

How much did you pay i.e sold for and then rebought? If you don't mind sharing

Uk
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Nice work Mr Cube. 6 or 8?

I note in your signature that you are advertising FPV&XR owners Club of ACT. Are you a current member? I am currently Secretary of said Club! Hope that you can join us again, I need more AUs at the club to compete with the B series boys!

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

She came back in pretty good condition, with the exception of all the rims need to be replaced, gutter rash, bent lips and one the clear coat is peeling off.. Its a shame cause I think the rims look awesome on the car...

Still drives like I remember and still have that same fun feeling when driving it...

@Ken to get her back Im down about 4K - expensive lesson to learn

@Stu - Yeah Im a member of the club, was actually a member of the Tickford Owners ACT Sub-branch.. Going back some time now., and actually one of the sponsors 101 Web Technology.

She is a 6 and is now my toy/project, and will be going down the forced induction route at some stage. Always got to stick it to the B Series guys.... Hopefully I will be at the May meeting, I missed March due to plans and my daughters birthday on the April meeting date, so see you in a couple of months, maybe an event before hand...

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Old 23-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BTW Stu, that LTD of yours sounds like a beast... Will love to check it out for sure

AUI VCT:

Old 23-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #9
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube
BTW Stu, that LTD of yours sounds like a beast... Will love to check it out for sure
Thanks Mr Cube. Sure has been a fun 12 months getting it to this stage. Club sponsor! Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 23-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good luck to you Mr Cube, the Au`s are a very good daily no doubt about it.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
@Ken to get her back Im down about 4K - expensive lesson to learn

I have to say it... I pitty the fool (Quote Mr T)

Hope the good vibes come back,
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 23-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Very clever UK! I will pay that.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 24-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #13
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
I have to say it... I pitty the fool (Quote Mr T)

Hope the good vibes come back,
UK
LOL good call and dont I know it...

Best part is my wife and daughter also missed the XR so was an easy decision and everyone is really happy... Just something about the car, its part of the family.

Is also good buying a car I know, and I was looking at another one round same price and KMs and in black (plus closer to home), though mine had a engine re-co little while before I sold her, I put on the bigger brakes, konis and kings all round.

AUI VCT:

Old 24-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #14
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
LOL good call and dont I know it...

Best part is my wife and daughter also missed the XR so was an easy decision and everyone is really happy... Just something about the car, its part of the family.

Is also good buying a car I know, and I was looking at another one round same price and KMs and in black (plus closer to home), though mine had a engine re-co little while before I sold her, I put on the bigger brakes, konis and kings all round.
I can't help myself...Welcome back to ...The A Team
UK
Old 24-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #15
anto
Za Dom spremni

Well done Mr Cube,...!

Coincidentally I found my old girl today on the lot where I traded it in on a G6ET. Black AUXR8 220 minus my lowered springs and tint.
I felt sick when I saw it there, like finding yuor Mrs with another bloke I miss the car bad, wish I had a time machine, Id have it back in a heartbeat.

http://www.jarviscars.com.au/used-ca...ake=4294966463
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #16
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome back Cubie
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post