Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Gazzzaa

Default Centre rear stop light

Hi All

Centre rear stop light on a WQ Fiesta - any clues how to change the globe(s)?

Old 16-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Centre rear stop light

Without seeing it at a guess I would say unless there are screws visible on either the face or underside of the light then it must just clip in and will need to be gently pried out to get to the bulb.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzzaa
Hi All

Centre rear stop light on a WQ Fiesta - any clues how to change the globe(s)?
Open the tailgate, and there are two rubber grommets directly behind where the centre brake light is.

You need to remove those, and release the two catches accessible through the holes to release the light unit from the tailgate.
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
Gazzzaa

Thank Guys - appreciate the assistance
Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
Superjt
Starter Motor

Howdy. Forum noob, so please forgive the bump.

I have the same issue on the 2007 model. I've taken out the rubber grommets and I can see and release the clips, but the light still stays in place. It's almost as if there is some adhesive in the centre and it won't undo. I'm also wary of the fact that the hose for the rear wiper water jet goes through that plastic light housing so I don't want to force it too hard.

Any other hints for this particular model ? Any advice really appreciated. Thanks.
Superjt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post