Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default I caused a little stir in the comments section at the ABC in this piece

I caused a little stir in the comments section at the ABC in this piece (Trev)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-1...-video/3770306

Old 13-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
sk8xr8
sliding by you...

Default Re: I caused a little stir in the comments section at the ABC in this piece

Mate, you cant explain to the ignorant do gooders out there about the stresses that our guys face over there, the sort of enemy that will send a child out wrapped in high explosives just to kill you, I have much respect for these guys and I can understand the mindset they must have to do this, if only people stopped pulling this moral high road crap and recognised the ***** that soldier put up with when captured and killed...
Old 13-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I caused a little stir in the comments section at the ABC in this piece

Whatever your opinion goes on this particular article the fact is it is extremely embarrassing for the US when they are in talks with Taliban to reach a peace agreement.

That being said, I'm almost certain that they (Taliban) would do just as bad if not worst to their enemies so it is kind of hard for them to hold the moral/humane high ground.
Old 13-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
MAD
Petro-sexual

I agree with you Trev.
These soldiers are are subjected to conditions I wouldn't even begin to try and empathize with.
The results of stress and mental trauma are as varied as our fingerprints. Couple that with the desensitization that is required to kill a fellow human being and it's a recipe for all sorts of things that would otherwise be classed and disgusting, inhumane and immoral.

But to be clear, it's ok to shoot and kill them, right?
Old 13-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
But to be clear, it's ok to shoot and kill them, right?
Just don't pee on them!
Old 13-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #6
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I don't see this going anywhere positive, already 3 reports of posts and/or thread.

Closed