Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
canuk7

Default transmission cooler installed

Hi guys,
I finally installed my transmission oil cooler. !! After listening to other forum members i by-passed the radiator completely and could'nt more pleased with it. I had some dramas installing the cooler to the a/c condenser( i used the plastic ties that came with the kit ) having first to strip out the fan shroud & the radiator to do so. I chose to have ENZED connect every thing up & they did a great job of it. They were'nt cheap ($158) but its worth it for peace of mind. Any one living Brisbane north side and thinking of installing one, I can recommend ENZED at Hendra. Anyway, thanks to all for the advice etc.

canuk7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: transmission cooler installed

good stuff mate. You should have some peace of mind if its all done right. Any pics?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
david256

Smart move bypassing, my previous owner didn't and it cost me a gearbox.
david256 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
canuk7

Thanks guys. Much to my shame I have'nt yet learnt to post pictures lol !! When they cut the iines they put on what i think is called a compression fittings. The two pieces of line ( the ones that went into the radiator) they fixed fittings onto them so if i wish to go back to the radiator cooler it is very simple to do. As i said they done a great job.
canuk7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I went to install mine, noticed that my Rad was weeping (was hiden behind the fan), so put in new rad (and cooling system flush) at the same time, so almost negated the reason for the change (risk on water leakage).
Being summer, may be an opportunity for people to do some cooling system maintenance at the same time...(Flush and new coolant..

Had a real hot spell in the days afterwards, changes do feel smoother (or I think they do).
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #6
graham_h
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Open an imageshack account. Once done post the link using the postcard icon
graham_h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR_AUII
When I went to install mine, noticed that my Rad was weeping (was hiden behind the fan), so put in new rad (and cooling system flush) at the same time, so almost negated the reason for the change (risk on water leakage).
Being summer, may be an opportunity for people to do some cooling system maintenance at the same time...(Flush and new coolant..

Had a real hot spell in the days afterwards, changes do feel smoother (or I think they do).
Not a bad idea, aswell as replacing the water pump at the same time, cheap and easy enough to do, no radiator in it would make the job a bit better.

Just make sure you tuck the header tank breather hose in its place between the fan shroud and radiator.... I found out the hard way in the old mans BA Ghia, peak hour CBD traffic when I could smell coolant, the hose rubbed thru on the fan belt after I fitted the cooler and didn't double check
Still got it home but not a good feeling, and coolant was everywhere.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post