Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default This just defies belief.

I'm honestly lost for words,

Dad fined after baby found sitting on car floor

A MAN is expected to lose his driver's licence after allegedly being caught travelling with his baby sitting on the floor of his car at Blacktown yesterday.
Blacktown Highway Patrol officers first discovered the man’s two-year-old child unrestrained in a car seat in the rear of his silver Ford Falcon on Lyton Street when he was stopped the for a random breath test about 2:25pm.

Police then allegedly discovered an 11-month-old baby sitting on the floor of the front passenger seat between its mother legs.

A 46-year-old Glenwood man was subsequently issued two infringement notices for driving with a passenger over six months and under four years of age not restrained.

He was also issued another infringement notice for not displaying his P-plates.

Due to the double demerits for restraint offences the man is set to loss a total of 14 demerit points and face fines in excess of $700.

Old 29-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Jimmyd
Banned

Default Re: This just defies belief.

People should need a breeding licence - this loser is obviously from the shallow end of the gene pool....
Old 29-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know. He's driving a falcon while doing something stupid on our roads. I thought only Commodore drivers did stupid things like this.

Seriously though, why would you ever consider putting the life of your child at risk. As a 46 year old, you would expect better. What a moron.
Old 29-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Blacktown, say no more.
Old 29-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can understand why the Police after a few years of putting up with morons like this loose their cool sometimes.

I seriously cant understand how some people are so stupid that even the most basic thought processes dont even register.

The babies should be taken away and these two put on a "do not breed" register....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 29-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It does not surprise me when I see something like this. I think people are getting more and more stupid these days.
Old 29-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Kryton

Ive just done a 4 day stint in Maternity and some of the "parents" that Ive seen and encountered...........
You should have to obtain a breeding license.
Old 29-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwa
I'm honestly lost for words,

Dad fined after baby found sitting on car floor

A MAN is expected to lose his driver's licence after allegedly being caught travelling with his baby sitting on the floor of his car at Blacktown yesterday.
Blacktown Highway Patrol officers first discovered the man’s two-year-old child unrestrained in a car seat in the rear of his silver Ford Falcon on Lyton Street when he was stopped the for a random breath test about 2:25pm.

Police then allegedly discovered an 11-month-old baby sitting on the floor of the front passenger seat between its mother legs.

A 46-year-old Glenwood man was subsequently issued two infringement notices for driving with a passenger over six months and under four years of age not restrained.

He was also issued another infringement notice for not displaying his P-plates.

Due to the double demerits for restraint offences the man is set to loss a total of 14 demerit points and face fines in excess of $700.
The "seriousness" of this is all relative. When I was a baby (late 60's), mum and dad brought me home in their VW beetle - dad had removed the front seat, and I was in a bassinet on the front floor. I am now 40+, so managed to survive that "stupidity".

Of course, had their been an accident, in my case, or in the case above, and tragedy struck, then yes, I would not be here to say we now know this is not acceptable (legal). But 40 years ago, it was acceptable (keep in mind seatbelts were not even mandatory for pre 1972 (IIRC) cars).

Like I said, it's all relative, and while you may all judge this guy harshly, I am here even though I travelled in roughly the same way 40 years ago as the 11 month old in the story did. So to me, it's not about stupidity, it's about not adhering to the law, and he will be punished appropriately (maybe even inappropriately - after all, no-one was hurt, were they? And yes, I know the risk of someone being hurt was there, but then how many of you cross a road on foot, on a red light - risk; we deal with it every day).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 29-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its all very well to say that 40yrs ago we didnt have baby seats..... its not about the law, its about doing the right thing by your children and minimizing the risk to them.

Cars in those days had no airbags, no abs, no cumple zones, no side intrusion bars etc etc.... yes we all made it through, however in those days if you had an accident it was unlikely you would survive.

40yrs ago we also had no paramedics.... we just had ambulance drivers who threw you in a van and drove to hospital and if you were lucky youd survive the trip and got looked at by a doctor.

The laws were amended for safety.. so your child has a chance!
You had little to NO chance 40yrs ago in an unrestrained seat.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 29-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
Blacktown, say no more.
Yeah the guy's a gronk for his behaviour but its got nothing to do with where he's from. Blacktown, just like Geelong has their share idiots

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 29-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #11
74_XB_Ute
See..Everybody Loves Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
The laws were amended for safety.. so your child has a chance!
You had little to NO chance 40yrs ago in an unrestrained seat.
I agree with you there Jim. My old man who was an ambulance driver from the 60's - 80's said to me once that it was common to attend an accident where a young bloke and his girl were involved in a head on. He would have decent head and chest injuries and she was a hood ornament. Simply because of bench seats, no seatbelts and she was sitting next to him on the benchseat.
Old 29-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
The "seriousness" of this is all relative. When I was a baby (late 60's), mum and dad brought me home in their VW beetle - dad had removed the front seat, and I was in a bassinet on the front floor. I am now 40+, so managed to survive that "stupidity".

Of course, had their been an accident, in my case, or in the case above, and tragedy struck, then yes, I would not be here to say we now know this is not acceptable (legal). But 40 years ago, it was acceptable (keep in mind seatbelts were not even mandatory for pre 1972 (IIRC) cars).

Like I said, it's all relative, and while you may all judge this guy harshly, I am here even though I travelled in roughly the same way 40 years ago as the 11 month old in the story did. So to me, it's not about stupidity, it's about not adhering to the law, and he will be punished appropriately (maybe even inappropriately - after all, no-one was hurt, were they? And yes, I know the risk of someone being hurt was there, but then how many of you cross a road on foot, on a red light - risk; we deal with it every day).
40 years ago, you didnt know any better.
Today, you do.
Theres no excuse.
Old 29-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #13
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

" Due to the double demerits for restraint offences the man is set to loss a total of 14 demerit points and face fines in excess of $700."

No where near enough points and definitely nowhere near a big enough fine .
Old 29-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka
Yeah the guy's a gronk for his behaviour but its got nothing to do with where he's from. Blacktown, just like Geelong has their share idiots

As a fellow Western Sydney fellow, I dare agree though. Crap like this is more common in my area along with surrounding suburbs more so then what Ive found elsewhere.....

GO THE WESTIES!!!
Old 29-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #15
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stupidity breeds stupidity. assuming that child lives long enough to breed its an endless circle.
Monkey see monkey do.
Old 29-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #16
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Looks like the campaign to turn us into a bunch of pussies is working.

Is it ideal? No. Does it defy belief? Hardly. Travel a little, observe young children clinging onto various parts of a motorcycle or each other with 5 of their siblings wearing no protective clothing whatsoever motoring down the road at 60kph.
Old 29-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #17
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickxr8
Stupidity breeds stupidity. assuming that child lives long enough to breed its an endless circle.
Monkey see monkey do.
I think there's a difference between stupidity and "she'll be right, mate". I think this guy fell into the latter rather than the former, though no doubt his version of "she'll be right mate" will involve appropriate restraints for all occupants from now on.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 29-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
74_XB_Ute
See..Everybody Loves Ford

Which is why I guess South Africa has ended up with a holiday death toll of over 900 for December.
Old 29-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #19
raptorv8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Looks like the campaign to turn us into a bunch of pussies is working.

Is it ideal? No. Does it defy belief? Hardly. Travel a little, observe young children clinging onto various parts of a motorcycle or each other with 5 of their siblings wearing no protective clothing whatsoever motoring down the road at 60kph.
Yeah wanting to protect children, such a pussy act.
Old 29-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #20
JG67k
Starter Motor

Some people just dont get it , About two year's ago a local couple
had there 2 yr old on the mothers lap in the front seat for a short trip
home, while rounding a roundabout an asian student entered the wrong
way and hit them head on , There 2 yr old was thrown into the dash
causing him to be a paraplegic , the other ocupant's in the cars were
uninjured except bruising n such , they did face charges but were dropped
so they could care for the child , the word tragic doesn't come close.
Old 29-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #21
z80
Banned

I say educate them.

Tell them F=MA

force=mass x acceleration (or decelleration in an accident)

So...in a crash at 60..

the 20 pound baby weighs 300 pounds and thats about 15 slabs of beer.

tell him his missus can only carry 2 and he'll get the idea...
Old 29-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #22
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

He's a P plater...and he's 46...Does anyone actually really think he's going to learn any valuable lesson from this? Somehow I doubt it...and I wouldn't be looking to his missus for any intelligent thought...the kid was at her feet...

Fair enough, the guy is an idiot...but you really have to stop and ask why the 'mother' hadn't restrained her kids...as well as why the father had even turned the ignition. And if it's her child also, where is her charge for negligence...?

It doesn't defy belief, because we know that there are douchebags out there...and they are so plentiful it's hard to find a person with an IQ point that hasn't been drug addled, chemically destroyed or beaten out of them...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 29-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #23
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Where's the 2 Vic cops that beat those cuffed hoons when you need them.
Old 29-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #24
z80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
Fair enough, the guy is an idiot...but you really have to stop and ask why the 'mother' hadn't restrained her kids...as well as why the father had even turned the ignition. And if it's her child also, where is her charge for negligence...?

Probably not his kid and the girl has 4 other kids to 4 different blokes.

The driver doesnt have a kiddie seat cause its his girlfriend and he has no kids of his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Where's the 2 Vic cops that beat those cuffed hoons when you need them.

Oooh yeah....that will get the thread closed for sure.
Old 29-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #25
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I knew someone who had to do a similar thing with a toddler. She refused one time to get into her seat, and the only way to get her into the car was for her to stand/sit on the rear floor.

Probably wasnt the right thing to do, but everyone survived....
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 29-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #26
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Edit to much to say
Old 29-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #27
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
Probably not his kid and the girl has 4 other kids to 4 different blokes.

The driver doesnt have a kiddie seat cause its his girlfriend and he has no kids of his own.

Oooh yeah....that will get the thread closed for sure.
I agree, do not see this thread going anywhere positive.