Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
smiddy

Default Xr5t Rear Bumper Insert

Hi can anyone tell me if you can fit the xr5t rear bumper dual exhaust outlet insert into a lv mk2 hatch bumper thanks cheers

smiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Default Re: Xr5t Rear Bumper Insert

Just looking at photos on google image search they look quite similar. I dare say that the bumpers are the same just with a different "diffuser"

I couldn't tell you if they're any different behind the diffuser though, but I do know that the floor pan is apparently different in the ST/XR5 as opposed to the boggo focus due to the ST/XR5's exhaust, or so I'm told.
The boot floor is definitely higher in the 5 than the normal focus, but I've not seen the floor pan's side by side. This may come in to play.

Best pics I could find:

stock focus

ST/XR5

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #3
smiddy

Thanks for reply ,i looked at one at ford dealership yesterday ,i have a 5 door zetec and the bars look the same ,i was gonig to put it on just to make the back look a bit better cheers Mark
smiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

I just came across this post, I was looking at changing the rear diffuser on my 2011 Focus Zetec hatch. I went and saw my local Panel shop and it would appear that the bumper on the LVIII is a one piece unit and as such you will need to either have sections cut out of the original bar or replace the whole bar with the likes of a twin pipe one from an XR5. The trouble is that the mounting points for the bottom of the existing bar are right along side where the preferred position for a pipe outlet is so to keep it looking tidy you wouldn't be able to go much bigger than a 2.5 " tip without it looking out of place.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

...welll, when any of you ditch your zetec bars, they have a home...