Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
zdcol71
zdcol71

Default Gotta love karma

Will try to keep as short as possible.
I live 2 driveways past lights at a fairly major intersection.Hard to get in and out of ,particularly if I am leaving a red to green light I may have been sitting at.
Looks a little strange to those behind when I dab the brakes a few times, indicate on and off a couple of times and gesticulate that I am turning straight after the lights....works fine most times though, most seem to get the idea or at least maybe think I'm possibly a little nutty and give me leeway.
So I'm coming home last week, up the main road towards the lights, I've got some socially challenged, teen(?) bogan up my clacker for a mile and a half, doing everything possible to get past me. (Here's the picture...cap on backwards, doof doof doof coming from the boot, 20 inches of tacky bling on the purple(chameleon),white body kitted,VP/VS?, with 5!!! P plates on the dash). He's behind me at the lights and I go through the routine with him, lights turn green, slowly out across the intersection blinkers on dabbing the brake...have to swing a little wide to make the driveway and the next thing I know I've got said bogan nearly in the passenger seat, screaming abuse ,flicking middle fingers and blasting some ridiculous noise from the air horns!! He had tried coming up the inside of me as I was turning right into my drive!!
He's a local and I see him often drive past.. alway offers me the same middle finger and abuse. I've beckoned for him to "pop in for a chat and a cup of tea" a few times but he seems to be always in a rush to get past my place.
Anyways....I'm coming home today ,get stuck in a bit of traffic...get to the front of the line and couldn't believe it when I see old mate trying to decide which end of his (literally) crumpledore he wanted to shed tears over!!!
Appears that he had been travelling way too close to the young girl in front of him who actually thought you need to stop at a red light, he has run up her rear..AND.. had the bloke behind(also obviously travelling a little too close),run right up his behind. I was nearly wetting myself as I drove past, but composed myself enough to do a u(ee), and come back to offer any asistance to the young girl. I had no intention of saying anything to the young bloke, but he seemed to be pretty pre-occupied with something inside his car, 'cause he didn't come out all the time I was there!! Postscript was that the young girl was not injured, she had full insurance and wasn't overly upset about anything, nor was the bloke at the rear of it all, just have a lovely vision of old mate screaming and throwing things around(now out of his car) as I was driving away
Anyhow, back to the title of the post...for all here who want to get even for carpark bingles, road rage complaints ,or all the other things we seem to get so steamed up about...remember, karma works, stay cool.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

5 P plates on the dash? Lol, what a loser!
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
5 P plates on the dash? Lol, what a loser!
True, and I think just the 1 (barely visible) on the back.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

What gets me is your saying a VP/ VS with chameleon paint job. That paint job alone would be worth more than the car. I really can't figure people that buy a cheap car and spend a fortune to do it up when its never really going to be worth much more than you paid for it yourself.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha that is awesome serves the idiot right. Honestly though If I were you when at the crash scene, I wouldn't of been able to hold a few smartass comments to myself.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

I didn't even like having one P plate up, why would you bother buying multiple P plates to put on your dash!? I had a good laugh at this one, reminds me of a few P platers I know haha.
93EB_SXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor_Evans
I didn't even like having one P plate up, why would you bother buying multiple P plates to put on your dash!? I had a good laugh at this one, reminds me of a few P platers I know haha.
Maybe he stutters????

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Hahahaha!!! Nuff said!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The young bloke is just a self-obsessed, generation Y peckerhead.

All we can do is hope he learned a valuable lesson today

To keep a safe distance from the car in front, and that there is nothing quite like a crumpled VN-R Holden Commodore.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Literally a Crumpledoor!!!

To me thats not karma, thats being illogical and paying for it. Especially the fact that he didnt have ABS, big difference in stopping difference especially for such a heavy car.

But dont mind me. Good to hear justice has been served

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #11
glavas

im catholic so i dont believe in this so called karma. its just a guy getting what he gets.
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #12
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

I love when Karma comes together.

Though Karma comes in all shapes and forms.
Was watching the weather in the US, via weather.com. Came across this great Karma vid.
Somewhat car related.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/video...b=931119350243
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
Jimmyd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
im catholic so i dont believe in this so called karma. its just a guy getting what he gets.
No, just a vengeful god....working in mysterious ways
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
smally289
growing up is optional

I bet he has pulled off that passing manoeuvre hundreds of times before and always got away with it ...... on his Playstation!
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #15
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
I bet he has pulled off that passing manoeuvre hundreds of times before and always got away with it ...... on his Playstation!
Yeh he sounds like he uses his joystick alot.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
pulpist
nope!

I had a similar situation when I first moved to Adelaide.
I lived on a fairly busy main road in a home unit and the driveway had a stobie pole( telegraph pole for you eastern staters) situated very close to the left hand side of the driveway, which necessitated turning into the driveway at a wider angle, because if the angle was to shallow you had a good chance of scraping the left hand rear quarter panel on the pole.

The amount of abuse, arm waving, horn blowing and the 'bird' from impatient nit-wits was astonishing.

One bloke did it to me twice in one week, and the second time he did it I did a quick turn around in the driveway and managed to catch up with him in traffic.

I followed him for a bit and he turned into a side street and a few houses up he put his indicator on to turn into a drive way so I immediately pulled up right to his rear bumper and did the horn blowing, shouting, bird routine.

Don't think he appreciated it much

I know it was very childish of me, but damn, it felt good
Old 11-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #17
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome story, made me feel alot better after my terrible week and this morning getting a bloody parking ticket
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #18
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
I really can't figure people that buy a cheap car and spend a fortune to do it up when its never really going to be worth much more than you paid for it yourself.
That portrays half of the members on this and other car forums, lol. I agree though.

Great story. I hate those idiots on our roads.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)