Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
zdcol71
zdcol71

Default Hi from Wales

Hi all,
Have just bought a "Dongle"!!! so now I am "live"
Just thought I would say HI, and let you all know that I am in a place called Llandudno in North Wales. heading to Inverness in Scotland, just come through the Welsh highlands, and it is stunning!! The hills are capped with snow and the temp outside is about 0!!
We have a Ford!!! Transit format motorhome, regular 6 speed manual, 6 berth travellin' hotel.!! It's great, but an absolute barge to drive, particularlly through the stone wall lined streets of tiny little Welsh/English villages.
I will "report" later on the driving experence,but safe to say, I don't think we have got it quite right, (in Oz)
Haven't had to put the snow chains on yet, but the conditions are like nothing I have come across at home yet.All the big cities are pretty wild to drive in but if you mess it up it is pretty easy to rectify as everything is numbered and if you have a decent map(and half decent co- pilot) it's pretty smooth driving.
Just can't say enough for getting off the main road, and putting the map away with the view to ending up where you do,there is always a great pub with a great story to be had!!
Talk to you all soon.

Old 16-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Bonjour!
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you visit Port Meirion in Snowdonia where they filmed "The Prisoner" ? Gorgeous Village . http://www.portmeirion-village.com/
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
Mondie
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
Just can't say enough for getting off the main road, and putting the map away with the view to ending up where you do,there is always a great pub with a great story to be had!!
Talk to you all soon.
That sure is the truth, l love touring around the UK and finding little obscure pubs that have history's going back more than 500 yrs. The British pub culture is brilliant.

l agree with Norris on visiting Port Meirion, for fans of The Prisioner a visit is a must but even if you have never seen the show its well worth seeing.

Make sure you post lots of photos
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
Homer
Poor IT dude

I was in Llandudno this arvo doing Xmas shopping. Fair bit of snow around! Saw 3 Aussie Fairlanes used as funeral vehicles on the way.

Staying in Rhyl with family then off to London for new years.
Have fun, Scotland is beautiful.
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post