Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
petedeelite
Starter Motor

Default Factory headunit audio connections?

Hi Guys

First poster here.

I'm lookin to fit a amp and subwoofer while keeping the factory headunit. Can any one tell me if the stock headunit has the AV audio connections for the amp?

Cheers
Pete

petedeelite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #2
atomiclord
I drive way too much...

If you mean the RCA type outputs, it does not. Old style connections.

If you can manage it, a new head unit would probably produce better sound anyway. There is a pocket adapter kit by Aerpro to fit a single DIN size head unit in and fill in the round gaps nicely.
atomiclord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Does anyone know where I could get one of those Pocket adapter kits on the Gold Coast?? I wanna get one locally..
I need one for my car as Id like to turf the double din junker and fit my (little older, but still good) MP3 Pioneer headunit in there..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
Does anyone know where I could get one of those Pocket adapter kits on the Gold Coast?? I wanna get one locally..
I need one for my car as Id like to turf the double din junker and fit my (little older, but still good) MP3 Pioneer headunit in there..
Donny

any good audio store should have them, fairly common thing. If you cant find one let me know, I work in auto retail on weekends and can organise you one.

Remember though that with Pioneer headunits, if you install one, every time you use it the aerial will go up - even if you're not using the radio. Its just the way theyre wired.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
mrfordfairmont
351 clevo

any car audio shop and get the harness connectors, so you don't need to cut the harness
http://www.aerpro.com.au/list.php?ca...no=10&cat_sno=

i used this type of harness in my ef and i have had no issues with it as i took the factory headunit out and put jvc headunit

2004 territory ghia
click here for pics
work daily ke laser ghia RIP
click here for pics
Daily EF II fairmont wagon RIP
click here for pics
XD 351 clevo lowered
click here for pics

thanks to
p.e.a.c.h performance at stafford
http://www.peachperformance.com
mrfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #6
Donny

Thanks guys. I will have a hunt around this week and see how I go.. Hopefully I can snag a shop with one in stock..

(b2tf) Thanks for the tip re the ariel goin up too on the Pioneer Headunits.. Its an older headunit, I think its a DEH5750, or somthing along those lines with sub out as well as normal pre outs.. Now I know that I wont wire the eleccy ariel into the unit.. I never use the radio anyhow, and the ariel goin up even when using CD would have really badly snakes hissed me off.
Sinse your a veritable fountain of good info AU wise, after I have sorted out a few bits n peices, I will have a further chat then re speaker options to suit factory mountings etc.. I know theres that other topic in this forum covering that, but I wanna run thru some more specific ideas to suit me and a budget.. Plus list the stuff I have an see if any of its usefull to use..
(misterfordfairmont) I will most likely be wiring the system up independantly of the original looms, but I will look into this harness clip too.. Cheers.

With the AERPRO Pockets, and using the pioneer headunit, for the nicest looking fit should I get the 9040 or the 9140?? 9040 is just the under tray pocket part, the 9140 has a bit that goes up around where the headunit would be too..

Last edited by Donny; 08-12-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
(b2tf) Thanks for the tip re the ariel goin up too on the Pioneer Headunits.. Its an older headunit, I think its a DEH5750, or somthing along those lines with sub out as well as normal pre outs.. Now I know that I wont wire the eleccy ariel into the unit.. I never use the radio anyhow, and the ariel goin up even when using CD would have really badly snakes hissed me off.
No worries, it's a PITA as I have been eyeing off a nice Pioneer unit and I know about that issue. See how I go.

Quote:

With the AERPRO Pockets, and using the pioneer headunit, for the nicest looking fit should I get the 9040 or the 9140?? 9040 is just the under tray pocket part, the 9140 has a bit that goes up around where the headunit would be too..
Looking at their online catalog the only difference between 9040 and 9041 is the colour - both are an under headunit pocket, not an actual 'surround' as such. Aerpro do make a proper 'surround' to suit AU's that fills the entire gap but I know a mate at work who tried to fit a headunit using that particular one couldnt actually get the headunit to fit through the surround - so not really helpful. I'll ask him which one it was at work on the weekend.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

EDIT I've just re-read those parts numbers and the 9140 is the one we couldnt get the headunit to actually fit through, so try it before you buy it. Aerpro's packaging is pretty easy to open without damaging it so you should be able to return it if need be.

DNA Audio also do the pockets and their stuff is pretty good so it might be worth a look:

http://dnaaudio.com.au/whp703b-au-fo...c-pocket-black

Also re the speakers, these spacers will open up your options a bit more:

http://dnaaudio.com.au/was7565-mdf-s...ptors-from-7x5

These ones do the rear speakers in a ute:

http://dnaaudio.com.au/wba069-ba-6x9-in-plastic-speaker
Old 08-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
Donny

Thanks again for that.. I will check out those parts from the links above and see how I go re headunit fit.
The main aim for me sound system wise is to have a setup that at the very least is on par or a bit better than a Premium sound optioned car (which mine isnt). While avoiding cutting up parcel shelves, door trims/frames etc and finally, keep it all to a very tight budget.
Iv never been one to drop many thousands on car sound as this car has a pretty nice sounding radio Weezor and my other car has a rather loud radio Cleveland..

Apologies to the OP for the thread hi-jack..

Old 08-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Thanks again for that.. I will check out those parts from the links above and see how I go re headunit fit.
The main aim for me sound system wise is to have a setup that at the very least is on par or a bit better than a Premium sound optioned car (which mine isnt). While avoiding cutting up parcel shelves, door trims/frames etc and finally, keep it all to a very tight budget.
Iv never been one to drop many thousands on car sound as this car has a pretty nice sounding radio Weezor and my other car has a rather loud radio Cleveland..

Apologies to the OP for the thread hi-jack..
Your aim sounds similar to mine, perhaps a new thread is in order.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedeelite
Hi Guys

First poster here.

I'm lookin to fit a amp and subwoofer while keeping the factory headunit. Can any one tell me if the stock headunit has the AV audio connections for the amp?

Cheers
Pete
Not without modification. There is a thread in the audio section about modifying an AU headunit by soldering in some RCA connectors - not a job for the unskilled or faint hearted though.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #12
TK-421

I have just installed a JVC stereo using an Aerpro pocket and loom kit. The pocket is an excellent fit in the fascia and the loom included makes the fitting simple.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #13
Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntechAU
I have just installed a JVC stereo using an Aerpro pocket and loom kit. The pocket is an excellent fit in the fascia and the loom included makes the fitting simple.
Any pics to share of the finished look of the sterio install??

Old 08-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #14
TK-421

stereo installed

and the kit

Last edited by TK-421; 08-12-2010 at 09:34 PM.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #15
Donny

Awesome, thanks for the pics.. That looks really nicely installed..

1 Question, will that type of install work on a tilt down front face type headunit?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #16
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

if u wanna keep the standed head unit and standed everything then i have a Word for u

Stinger SGN11 this will alow you to add a sub to the standed hedunit

i have the same pocket as IntechAU has but i have a flip down dvd head unit