Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default 2005 LS Focus Zetec - Info Needed!

Well the time has come that I am seriously looking at trading the AU in.

I have found at a yard an '05 Zetec Focus, LS model (Oct build), it was just traded in today but the yard doesn't want to keep it - basically it has been kept for me as a mate works there and they know I'm keen or they would have wholesaled it off today as apparently Focus' just sit at a Holden yard and don't sell.

Can anybody please advise (as soon as possible if you can, as I said the yard won't hold it) of any:
-problems to look out for;
-inherent problems and the approx age they begin to show at;
-big dollar maintenance and the intervals they are due;
-any other info you can tell me on the kind of car.

Additional - its a 2L Zetec, 5sp manual, 96xxx on the odo. Interior is mint, body is awesome - just needs a wash & polish to make the black really sparkle.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

Why not buy it wholesale?
Ive driven one before breifly and found it nice to drive.
Such an immprovement over the previous.

Also found this
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Focus/2005/

By HEINRICH PERFORMANCE & TUNING

E Series Falcon Image Museum on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Ser...29864000453208
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
rand0mn00b

to get an idea, checkout the fault registrar here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=65958

but IME there haven't been a huge number of consistent problems across the board

the only thing i can think of that a few LS owners had was that if the car was parked on a slope it might have trouble starting as the fuel lines weren't crash hot? someone might confirm but I believe it was fixed in the LT.

other than that, it's mostly minor things like wiper blades becoming noisy early on, the fit and finish of the interior especially the carpet being cut short, fitment/alignment of body panels not being flush/consistent

a few bigger problems but that would have been picked up earlier on or may be more related to driving style include brakes/rotors wearing out kind of quick, tyres too, CV joints going bad after not long

one of the service managers at the dealer I get mine serviced at also mentioned bearings inside water pumps that become noisy/fail early on

that's a start anyway i'm happy with my LT Zetec though, great car and handles even better than the regular focus - at the beginning the ride could seem a bit firm depending on what you/your passengers are used to
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
20focus05
I wanna XR5

I've got an LS CL (base model) have had a few probs but nothing major.
done 190000km now.
give it heaps, trips around OZ,
fuel economy great
handles great
A/C compressors are noisy had 3 put on under warranty, but this could be gas the gas charge could be inccorrect. I have not had time to check it myself and play with different charges.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post