Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Adaptive shift auto

Hey guys got an 99 au xr8 ute with the adaptive shift auto i had to change the battery on my car and so the computer lost its memory.
Now the auto shifts like crap way to early and so on,I know theese auto's can be programmed somehow through the shifter can anyone tell me how to go about this i never got the owner's manual for the car apparently it's in there so if some au guru could let me know how to do this i would much appreciate it.

Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i never use this function i just leave it on adaptive shift, i`ve had the car 5/6 years , i had to grab the users manual anyway,
stop the vehicle
apply the park brake and turn the ignition off (0)
apply the foot brake and move the gear selector to .......

1. for maximum performance mode
2. for maximum economy mode
3. for adaptive shift mode
turn the ignition key to on (ll), and wait for the air bag warning light to turn off.
move the gear selector to r(reverse). the "ECON" light will flash 3 times to indicate a successful change.

return the gearshift to "p" (park) and start the engine. watch the econ light .
one flash after turning key to on(ll) indicates max performance, continuouse illumination = max economy mode, no illumination = adaptive shift.
programmed modes will remain unless the eec is reprogramed by the above procedure or battery power is removed.
mines a march 01 , i hope thats right, there it is anyway good luck.

Last edited by mik; 27-06-2010 at 01:14 AM.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #3
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

thanks for the info mik...
mine will have adaptive shift once the V8 is in.. looking forward to seeing the difference..

how good is adaptive shift..?
What does it actually do..?

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Yes i'd like to know what it actually does also .... plus how do you know what mode it's in, i bought the car a couple months ago and have no idea.
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIK67
Yes i'd like to know what it actually does also .... plus how do you know what mode it's in, i bought the car a couple months ago and have no idea.
When you turn the ignition to 'on',-
"ECON" will flash once if its in power mode
"ECON" will remain on if its in economy mode
But nothing appears if its in adaptive

And if your battery has been disconnected, your computer may be re-learning for the next few days anyway. Give it a few days to settle down.
Your idle and transmission characteristics may be all over the place until it does.

-Craig
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
BZINGA