Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default Some People don't deserve a licence.

Post about the idiots you see who don't deserve a licence.

Last night I hear this 4WD screaming down the road and see his headlights coming at the house (live opposite T Junction) then he just blast round the corner tyres screeching for grip etc. Bout 50m up the road he does the same on that corner, I hear the tyres squealing then BANG. I got in my car and drove up the road, he had mounted the curb so hard he pulled the tyre from the rim (although I suspect the tyre came away before he hit the curb) and nudged the power pole.

Him and his mate were trying to put the tyre back on and quickly stood in front of the number plate when I drove past, did a U turn and drove back. I should have just rung the cops seeing as they were not going far for while the tyre was not on the car.

The scariest part of this story is no more than 2mins previous my partner with my 3 yr old daughter and 2 week old son was coming up to and turning that corner (corner is blind, you come up a small incline, our unit is about 50m from it)

I couldn't help but wonder what the outcome had been had she waited those 2mins more to come home that night. Would have no doubt wiped out my car, and more than likely hit the drivers door, and rear passenger where my daughter sits.

These people don't deserve a licence or the air we breathe.

Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Cookie-XR8
SKID IT

i would of called the police,

but they hit the car with your wife and kids would of been horrable

BF XR6T Ute - 422rwhp tuned by FPT Toowoomba

Where the boost junkies hang out -Forced Ford Forums

Last edited by Cookie-XR8; 05-04-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Cookie-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I would have stayed out of sight, called the cops and explained that they were driving in an erratic manner and have now lost control, mounted the curb and are not mobile.

I'm sure they would have come out to investigate knowing that they had a car waiting, not just some black marks on the road.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down dont deserve #2

Same thing here in Brisbane the other week
it was one of the local "hoons" in a VT Clubby
we heard it coming squeal at the first corner squeal at the second and the third a squeal of tyres and Bang straight into the centre island and the
"keep left sign"we all ran out to have a look and here was this Hero limping back home with the front wheel tucked under the guard at a very strange angle
a very expensive wheely

Last edited by last fairlane; 05-04-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spellig
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by last fairlane
Same thing here in Brisbane the other week
it was one of the local "hoons" in a VT Clubby
we heard it coming squeal at the first corner squeal at the second and the third a squeal of tyres and Bang straight into the centre island and the
"keep left sign"we all ran out to have a look and here was this Hero limping back home with the front wheel tucked under the guard at a very strange angle
a very expensive wheely
Haaa don't know what's more funny, your story or the reason for your edit :
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I forgot to add we get hoons constantly on this street. One end is flat, the other is a large hill, they scream up/down here like it is a game. I live halfway down and you can hear them at the top/bottom by the time they come past they are almost a blurr. Thankfully it is just one car at a time no races. I often wonder but how long it is going to be before one of them kills someone or themselves by losing control. I have a retaining wall out the front so my daughter can't get near the road.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Agree totally mate. Some people just don't get that there is a time and a place for speed and tyresmoke and so on, and its not while there are houses and kids and other traffic around.

Then you have the group of people (largely comprised of the elderly and our friends from the east), who cannot drive in a remotely safe manner no matter how hard they try.

And still, it's honest people like me that get booked for smoking up the back tyres of a front wheel drive lancer (whilst stationary) by retard cops with a prejudice against young people.

If you can't drive, then DON'T. Its not complicated. If you believe your speedo goes up to Full, if you struggle to see past the hood ornament, if you couldn't parallel park a smart car at a bus stop, or if other drivers are frequently honking at you and giving you the finger for reasons you don't understand, GET OFF THE ROAD AND TAKE THE BUS!!
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.

Last edited by 388cube_edxr8; 08-04-2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: subscribing
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
Suvo
BA Fairmont Ghia X

I used to live near where the hoons would be, all you would hear come late night was the screech of tyres and the occasional bang of a power pole or a tree. Was always fun watching them try to drive a smashed car away when the cops arrive.
2002 BA Fairmont GHIA X, Now 230kw 3V V8 + ZF 6sp (Semi retired)
1994 Land Rover Discovery 1 3.9 Manual (Bush hack)
1992 DC LTD, 5L (Daily)
1979 ZJ Fairlane, Sno White (Gone but not forgotten)
1979 P6 LTD Town Car, Clevo goodness
Suvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I walk my dog almost every day and in my area I see all kinds of street signs ripped out and / or bent at the base quite violently all the time. A lot of idiots driving around here and we are at the top of the car theft list for Victoria as well. (This is Brimbank.)

Which reminds me. Theres also this driver who always parks opposite a nearby T-intersection and there's been several accidents right theer since I've lived here. It even has a parking-allowed sign.

I got the council to do an investigation and they found the parked car "assists traffic flow" by holding up the line of cars behind a car to turn next to the parked car, so that residents can get out of their driveways and such! It's just another accident waiting to happen.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
LTDHO
The one and only

I deal with these drivers everyday.

They will claim it's not their fault too!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
It's just another accident waiting to happen.
At least if someone comes careering through the T junction, they'll hit the car instead of going in to someone's house. That's got to be a positive, but yes, it does seem a strange place to park.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

does he own the house where he parks.
if he does i would be doing the exact same thing better to loose an el than my living room.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #13
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I think it's a family visitor that parks their car there during peak hour periods several times a week.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #14
Russelm
I'm also a Jeeper

maybe their trying to get some insurance, bump up the agreed value..: U know smash for cash
Russelm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #15
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I absolutely despise it when theres a 10km long overtaking lane and the car behind moves into the right lane sitting in your blind spot the WHOLE TIME, then as the lane is about to end and I have to merge back in, they then decide that to get past me. The scary thing is it isnt another P plater toying with me, its a family in a forester.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #16
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Seeing a woman with 3 kids in the family Pajero on the phone and having a smoke while trying to stay in the lane beside me today was bad enough....

...or was it...?

She then ran a red light, was doing (IMO) 70+ in a school zone and started texting, scraped a gutter while the kids are bouncing around in the car.
Some people really do need a slap.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #17
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Walking home from work today noticed a young couple stopped at the side of the road, on a steep hill, jack under rear left side jack point, rear wheel in air, wheel brace on nut, guy on phone. Got home, felt guilty, walked back offered assistance....found young guy couldn't undo wheel nuts...........
Told young guy to lower the jack, drive down the hill slowly to a level spot...
Then asked for lock nut...,(still in glove box) undid lock nut and loosened all nuts for him and went about my business... Seriously they should give lessons at the dealers....
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #18
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html
POLICE have charged a 15-year-old boy over this morning's fatal car crash in Revesby, arresting him at a home in the area after he and a 16-year-old passenger allegedly fled the scene, leaving another teen to die.

A horrified witness claimed she spotted two youngsters bolting from the crash scene allegedly abandoning another stricken passenger after the Toyota Corolla hit a tree.

The accident happened on Marco Ave at Revesby, in Sydney's south, just before 2am and was the first NSW fatality of the Easter holiday period.

The victim, also 16, who had been in the car's front passenger seat, was pronounced dead a short time later and has not yet been identified.

Inquiries led police to a house in the area shortly after 5.30am, where they arrested two teenage males.

Seriously..., I've done some dumb things but too leave a mate too die.....
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post