Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Put speed camera's up the premiers backside

Rant: Out doing a good deed picking the daughter up and travelling down a street with no cars on it 8.30 at night at 46 k apparantly now a 40 zone yes the dreaded flash.

all i can say after reading the speed cameras saves sign way after the flash is what crap.

driving for years was not driving stupid, no cars or people around and they are out saving lives. for those in Adelaide we have such a mess in speed limits if it's not 40 one minute 50 then 60 the next, you never know where you stand

these things are never placed in high incident areas but high turnover areas are are short of a joke

it was either this rant or pull the twitt out of the car and let it rip.

i would rather be jobless than pretend my job had some merrit other than ripping innocent drivers of.

shame on the govt of the day, no vote from me this time.

/ rant.

DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

If you have had a clean record for several years you may get out of this with a letter to whoever such letters go to.

Especially with such a small margin above the limit.

Good luck with it.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
AUIIForte

If it was night time, and you didn't see the new 40km/h sign, and you've had a clean record, just send in a letter explaining your situation. I've done the same thing, not too long ago, and one letter from me, charges dropped, and everything turned out fine.

Just speak up, thats all, you have every right too, especially if you believe you are in the right.
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

chhers will try the letter , this whole thing stinks, sure i would cop it on the chin if i was being a tool but where people are just trying to do the rite thing and gets slammed its rubbish.

but i would say 90% of all fines are ordinary people being pinged by revenue raisers.

they had on our news last week that currently all speed fines in sa are not legal as per say as the cameras have no national accredition, but we are comforted by the govt tellin they all work properly. rubbish the lot of it.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
chhers will try the letter , this whole thing stinks, sure i would cop it on the chin if i was being a tool but where people are just trying to do the rite thing and gets slammed its rubbish.

but i would say 90% of all fines are ordinary people being pinged by revenue raisers.

they had on our news last week that currently all speed fines in sa are not legal as per say as the cameras have no national accredition, but we are comforted by the govt tellin they all work properly. rubbish the lot of it.
Definitely try that, I know two older drivers with good driving records that were successful doing that...
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
opto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try this Doc
http://www.aussiespeedingfines.com/
or this
http://www.speedingfineconsultants.com/

Just practicing with the Tazer on a Koala?
opto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #7
prydey
Rob

driving from woodcroft to mile end, i go through 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 100 zones, and believe it or not that is mostly south road. depending on time of day/night i could even throw a 25 in there.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
LTDHO
The one and only

OMG, you were travelling at a death cheating speed of 46kph! Millions could have been killed. Lucky the speed camera was there to save us [/sarcasm]

As said millions of times, these cameras are for generating revenue only, they don't save lives.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
bafel

it's interesting how we are told that if you drive at 50km/h, the pedestrian has a greater chance of surviving than if you travel at 60km/h. Yet, in your situation you have been done at 46km/h. So is every pedestrian's life at risk in a normal 50km/h zoned suburban street? i would think not. I'd fight this aswell.
bafel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
OMG, you were travelling at a death cheating speed of 46kph! Millions could have been killed. Lucky the speed camera was there to save us
Classic comedy. LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 02:13 AM   #11
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

40k zone I thought suburbs are 50. I know that school zones are 40 in the morning and arvo. I can't even think of the last time a speed limit has actually gone up in a area I know of areas that have become safer and then the speed limit go down though how does that work.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post