Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

Default Used car sales or Dealership?

Hey guys,
I'm wondering I've been offered two position for a new job, one at a successful used car dealership and one at a Dealership.

Now I'm not sure what to do, well for one I've heard that there is more money to be made from used cars and also at the moment the tendency is towards used due to the economic climate.

Just wondering your opinions (used car salesman flames spared please ) and if any of you guys have had experience in either....

Cheers

pmpdau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

I presume when you say "dealership" you mean a new cars ford dealership? If so i am surprised they are taking people on but.......

But personally this is from my understanding anyways Ford have the 'cadetships' which is I believe professional training and support as opposed to theres the cars, heres your desk and remeber to be rude good luck
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #3
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

Yes when i say dealership I mean new cars and I dont necessarily mean ford either....but at the moment they can give all the training in the world but if there is no customers there are no sales.....
pmpdau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #4
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

I am 99% sure all manufacturers have cadetships but as you mentioned if no-ones buying no-ones buying so it wouldn't matter if your in a large or small but I'd personally go the new car factory dealership.
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

No rocket surgery here...Dealership.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #6
graham_h
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a dealership is the best way to go.
you really don't want to be stuck at a used car lot 6 days a week
graham_h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post