Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Boosh Brus

Default Top Gear host quits

This is probably old news but I only just found it.

Top Gear Australia co-host Charlie Cox has quit the popular series and will not appear in the second season, SBS has announced. But fans don't have to wait to find out the identity of his replacement: the hosting role is being taken over by trumpeter James Morrison.

In a press release, SBS revealed that British-born Cox has decided to exit the series because of his media commitments and business interests in the United Kingdom.

My time on Top Gear Australia was very special and it was a fantastic opportunity to be part of launching an extraordinary series, said Cox in a statement. Sadly, though, I've lived in the UK for the past 19 years and I'm not able to give the time I want to series two.

It seems best to leave the show and I wish James all the best in joining the two best blokes in Australian television - [co-hosts] Warren Brown and Steve Pizzati.

Morrison, a self-described huge fan of Top Gear Australia, said he was thrilled to be signing on.

Meanwhile, the future of the American adaptation of Top Gear is in doubt after US network NBC announced that it will not air the series in 2009 as previously planned.

Top Gear Australia returns to SBS in 2009. The original British series airs on Monday nights at 7.30pm.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/news/article/...ar-host-quits/

Old 29-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yeah this was posted a few weeks ago.