Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Default Idle issues after extractors - XR8

Ok I had some extractors and cats fitted during the week. During the job they disconnected the battery. Now I'm a mechanic and I know that it usually takes a little while for the ECU to readjust but its been a few days and the idle is all over the show. Quite often stalls at a standstill. Anyone had similar issues on their V8?

While I'm here I may as well ask if the original manifolds and cats are worth anything because I kept them.

Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
speedzter

I've heard of this and was a bit worried when I had mine fitted a month or so ago. Never had a problem though, might have stalled once when cold but runs pretty smooth, maybe idles a bit lower now when in neutral (Auto).
I am running a generic 98 octane flash tune now, but was standard when first done.
Possibly an O2 sensor issue ? How many Km's ?
speedzter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The O2 sensors might be your problem as they don't like being disturbed.Had trouble with mine that it would miss and run on 6 cyls till half throttle then run on all 8 . Part of the trouble was fuel as I had them tested and was told it was some sort of contamination that made the sensors fail.
But since your's was running "ok" before,I would get them checked out or replaced.
Old 21-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just remembered mine also played up when headers were removed and sensors contaminated and put it down to the sealant used on the headers when refitting. Although this sealant is not supposed to affect the sensors in my case it did.
Old 21-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
MRJUCY
Fordless

When ever I have my battery disconnected it always takes at least a tank to start to behave & sometimes a couple to be completely normal.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Yeah I was just talking with my bro in law whos a mechanic and he said Falcons take ages to readjust. I'll give it a week or so and see if anything changes.

Speedzter - It has done around 125k kms. I was going to replace the O2 sensors eventually.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #7
dreadly
Banned

Reset your ecu... step's are on here somewhere ;)
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #8
FTe_XR8
formerly "3x-puursui7"

mine still hunts every now and again but i think if i got it tuned it may sort it out.

with the factory extractors wat model is yours? i got a couple hundred for my 220 ones.

http://www.aufalcon.com.au/3x-puursui7
FTe_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post