Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

Default Double Din in AU

has anyone got pics of a double din dvd headunit in there AU or an AU as i want to see how much the bottom comes out so i can work out a way to mount it in...dont want it looking too out of place.lol.pics in an AUII or III would be better as the dash shape is a pain.lol

Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

A bit of an idea here:-
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11201695
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

ah k, anyone know someone that could do the one that is woodgrain, looks mint, love it
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 20-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
brad`
The Monty

there was a post a while ago from someone that did it, aparently its a hard job if ur not a pro, its like 6 coats just to get the woodgrain look, let alone smoothing it and keeping the gloss look

i got a double did so does blackau, does stick out from the curved console about 7mm but u dont realy notice unless ur shown a pic or cleaning the carpet, only 1 persone has ever noticed mine

cheers
brad`

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

cheers man, no matter what i will be puttin the IVA-W502E in,lol. will have to put up with this eclipse unit tho, havnt even got the thing in yet as i have been too busy with work stuff...only had it out of the box once.haha
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 20-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
brad`
The Monty

Hey its a nice looking unit, trust me wont be disapointed with double DIN, looks that much more classier then a stock single din unit in my opinion

http://www.alpine-asia.com/index.php...=65&Itemid=321

cant wait to see it

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #7
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Does this mean your old Premium Sound head unit could be for sale ? Does it still work fully ?

Ta
Old 21-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #8
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

still works perfect, never had any problems with it, ill work out if im selling it and let ya's know, everything that i have changed on my car i have kept so needless to say i have alot of crap in my shed,haha...
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 21-11-2008, 08:47 AM   #9
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad`
Hey its a nice looking unit, trust me wont be disapointed with double DIN, looks that much more classier then a stock single din unit in my opinion

http://www.alpine-asia.com/index.php...=65&Itemid=321

cant wait to see it
yeah i have wanted it for ages but with its classy looks comes an expensive price tag so will have to wait till maybe after chrissy and buy it for a late christmas present.lol
My Ride
My Build Thread